Thread: Sometime it's hard

Sometime it's hard

Tonight for the second time since working. I've had the realization that it can sometimes be tough to be Mormon slap me in the face. Two in a half years ago a friend I was working with and I were going to go to the mall on our over night. Instead she decided to go drinking with the cowokers. Tonight the another friend, myself a coworker and myself went out to eat for his birthday. Then my friend and I were going to go down town. Instead even though they just had been drinking some at the resturant they decided to go back to the hotel and drink some more. Granted both times I declined the offer to drink and told the flight attendants to go ahead if they wanted to drink instead. I didn't want them to do something they didn't want to do cause of me. And both times they choose to drink and I was left out. I don't regret my choose in not going with them and in reality I love being a Mormon and wouldn't want to be without the church. But it hurts to be left behind. It really sucks. And both times for a few moments I wished that I wasn't Mormon. Sometimes it's hard to be Mormon.

Re: Sometime it's hard

Sometimes it can be hard to be whatever religion you are. It's not just Mormon. But in that case I see your point. Sorry that happened to you.

dont worry about it...drinking is not important...you did the right thing
    MY ELVIS WEBSITE
    http://www.tcb-world.com/images/signaturepics/sigpic4801_25.gif[
    ]Elvis i WILL REMEMBER YOU..FOR YOU SING IN MY HEART..AND LIVE IN MY SOUL
    my Selena Website

In my opinion, you did the right choice. You're not missing out on anything. With alcohol comes hangovers, headaches, regurgitating, and loss of self control. It also leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I don't know about you guys, but I like my morning coffee more.

You don't need to drink,just to have a good time.Remember that.
    The One and Only King of Rock'n'Roll.

Quote Originally Posted by shelley.m. View Post
    You don't need to drink,just to have a good time.Remember that.
    well said there Shelley drinkin' has become to important etertaiment among the youths and Polly ya don't miss a thing with choosing not to drink.
    "you don't know it until it hits you"

you're the tea in my coffee - i'm the coke in yer choc

sorry to hear what happened to you you did the right thing i am not a morman but i don't really drink i can go out have a great time fantastic laugh and just drink water or some juice everyone else end up wasted but i take care of them all drink is not everything you should not be left out cos you don't drink