Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Myrna Smith Interview

Re: Myrna Smith Interview

Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post
    According to Jerry, they married in 1980.
    Jerry Schilling was Elvis' bodyguard from 1964 to 1976. He first met Elvis when Elvis was 19 years old. The two men became good friends after a game of touch football in 1964. Jerry started dating Myrna Smith, a member of the Sweet Inspirations (Elvis' female backup singers), in 1973. Jerry was also the manager of the Sweet Inspirations and the Beach Boys and formed an entertainment firm. Jerry and Myrna continued dating. The couple were married from 1982-87 and remained good friends.

http://www.tonkoorevaar.be/Always-El...his-mafia3.htm

Quote Originally Posted by memphisflash View Post
    Jerry Schilling was Elvis' bodyguard from 1964 to 1976. He first met Elvis when Elvis was 19 years old. The two men became good friends after a game of touch football in 1964. Jerry started dating Myrna Smith, a member of the Sweet Inspirations (Elvis' female backup singers), in 1973. Jerry was also the manager of the Sweet Inspirations and the Beach Boys and formed an entertainment firm. Jerry and Myrna continued dating. The couple were married from 1982-87 and remained good friends.

First of all, you don't need to tell me about Jerry Schilling. I've been around longer than you and have met him on more than one occasion, while Elvis was still alive.

Page 330 of "Me and a Guy Named Elvis"....Myrna and I were married in 1980, with Carl Wilson serving as best man.

Paage 331....In 1985, after 5 years of marriage and 10 years together,Myrna and I realized we had grown apart. We divorced, but have manged to remain good friends.

Maybe senility has made Jerry Schilling get all of his dates wrong. Not sure who wrote the dates you want to use, but I tend to belive the man himself....Jerry.

First of all, you don't need to tell me about Jerry Schilling. I've been around longer than you and have met him on more than one occasion, while Elvis was still alive.

Page 330 of "Me and a Guy Named Elvis"....Myrna and I were married in 1980, with Carl Wilson serving as best man.

Paage 331....In 1985, after 5 years of marriage and 10 years together,Myrna and I realized we had grown apart. We divorced, but have manged to remain good friends.

Maybe senility has made Jerry Schilling get all of his dates wrong. Not sure who wrote the dates you want to use, but I tend to belive the man himself....Jerry.

Yup, that's in my book too. I really like Myrna a lot and I'm glad she and Jerry remained friends. I saw one picture of his current wife and she is a beauty. I hope they're very happy together.

Diane

Great book...you might try reading it sometime.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	21+zHDXgsZL._SL500_AA180_.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	7.0 KB 
ID:	29504

Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    Yup, that's in my book too. I really like Myrna a lot and I'm glad she and Jerry remained friends. I saw one picture of his current wife and she is a beauty. I hope they're very happy together.

Diane
    I saw that too Diane....she is very pretty. I have always liked Jerry, I hope they are good together!

Thank you for intervew.

You need to get an attitude check or maybe that's just your natural personality. Sorry that you don't like to be corrected but it's life. Get used to it. You should have by now after all these years. I gave you a link and all you could do is act snobby about it. I don't appreciate that.

Elvis bought the house for Jerry, not Myrna and Jerry. They were not married at that time. Elvis told Jerry "I know you never had a real home growing up and I want to be the one to give you your own home." Jerry still lives there today!
    Myrna and Jerry Schilling were already a couple by that time when Elvis bought the home in California. Myrna had previously lived at Elvis' LA home before then.
    I never said they were not dating....they were NOT married. Jerry has talked on many occasions about the day that Elvis gave him the house and what he said to him. Look it up.
    According to Jerry, they married in 1980.

You need to get an attitude check or maybe that's just your natural personality. Sorry that you don't like to be corrected but it's life. Get used to it. You should have by now after all these years. I gave you a link and all you could do is act snobby about it. I don't appreciate that.
    Read all the above responses and then let's talk about who doesn't like to be corrected! Not only me, but several other members as well tried to tell you about Jerry and when he married Myrna. You were the new kid on the block that was going to set us all straight! When you wouldn't listen to ALL of us I saw no other way than to quote and underline exactly what Jerry Schilling himself had said. Maybe you are a little sensitive today after being corrected about the moon landing as well, I'm sorry if that's the case. Everyone here at TCB welcomes new members all the time, except for those that come in and want to correct everyone on actual, factual dates. That tends to rub some the wrong way. When you refuse to see what we have all provided for you, how do you think we feel?

BTW...that's probably my natural personality!

Sorry that you don't like to be corrected but it's life. Get used to it.
    I never mind learning something new...I'm always open to new information. I was trying to help you learn some new information, but you didn't want to be corrected it seems. Sorry...

International Level elvispresleytheking's Avatar

Thanks. I'm doing a project on how Elvis fought racism through music, so this will help.

TCB Mafia

You are all very welcome!

It's wonderful to read, what we should be reading!

Quote Originally Posted by elvispresleytheking View Post
    Thanks. I'm doing a project on how Elvis fought racism through music, so this will help.
    That sounds interesting...is this for school? If so, what's the class subject?

TCB Mafia

Read all the above responses and then let's talk about who doesn't like to be corrected! Not only me, but several other members as well tried to tell you about Jerry and when he married Myrna. You were the new kid on the block that was going to set us all straight! When you wouldn't listen to ALL of us I saw no other way than to quote and underline exactly what Jerry Schilling himself had said. Maybe you are a little sensitive today after being corrected about the moon landing as well, I'm sorry if that's the case. Everyone here at TCB welcomes new members all the time, except for those that come in and want to correct everyone on actual, factual dates. That tends to rub some the wrong way. When you refuse to see what we have all provided for you, how do you think we feel?

BTW...that's probably my natural personality!
    maybe Schilling is wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    maybe Schilling is wrong
    You know Brian.....you give new meaning to the term devil's advocate.
    I'm assuming that was a joke, but...whatever floats your boat.

maybe Schilling is wrong
    I'm sorry, but I'm going along with Rosanne on this one.....did you get picked on in school??? You sure do like to stir it up on the MB.
    "More people today should see him not simply as a performer, but as an artist with a great soul."

John Bakke, professor emeritus
    University of Memphis

maybe Schilling is wrong
    Thank you! Exactly my very thoughts. I guess she doesn't believe in misprints or misinformed documentations or that Jerry just might have been wrong on his recollections of past events.

Quote Originally Posted by ehollier View Post
    I'm sorry, but I'm going along with Rosanne on this one.....did you get picked on in school??? You sure do like to stir it up on the MB.
    How is him giving a reasonable possibility considered stirring things up? Just because he doesn't agree with the leader of the pack?

Where's Getlo, Leroy, or Tony when you need them?

Me, knowing nothing about this dilemma, am just stating that misprints and misrecollections do happen. Again, I am staying neutral. If anybody needs me, I'll be in my hut in Switzerland.

Thank you! Exactly my very thoughts. I guess she doesn't believe in misprints or misinformed documentations or that Jerry just might have been wrong on his recollections of past events.
    You just lost what little bit of credibility that you had. BTW...have you ever been here before?
    In the morning be sure and send an email to EPE and to Schilling's publisher and let them l
    know that YOU have discovered that Jerry Schilling was all mixed up...his book is a TOTAL fraud. Let us know what they tell you.

TCB Mafia

I use to beat people up in school

not stirring up nothing

many well known people make factual errors about their own life when
    writing books even obvious ones

Roseanne and Memphis were getting into it before I came along and thought I would try to smooth things over

The way I see it you should be thanking me for trying to keep the peace.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast