Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Myrna Smith Interview

Re: Myrna Smith Interview

Quote Originally Posted by ehollier View Post
    But you discount Jerry Schilling when he says he married Myrna in 1980 even though I've not read (except ONCE, as per Myrna) anything to the contrary. As with so many things surrounding Elvis and his life, there will always be some things that we are not 100% certain about; however, with all of the interviews that Jerry has done, books he has contrubuted to and the work for EPE, it is my opinion that he is a trustworthy guy.
    I'm not discrediting Jerry like some of y'all are Myrna and calling her a drug addict. I guess you don't know that Jerry drinks a lot as well huh? Anyway my point was that it might have been a misprint by the author. Jerry didn't write the book himself. Someone else did by using his words. It's kind of like Nancy Rooks book claiming that Elvis dated a black girl who worked for him who died in a bar fight shortly afterwards and said her name was Maggie. Well the only Maggie who worked for Elvis is still living and appeared in Careless Love. So either Nancy got her facts wrong or the writer misprinted her wording. It happens more than not.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    well it's really none of your business

I don't care about Schilling and Smith wedding

It's Roseanne smug attitude that I don't like

she's always calling me a liar or laughing at people on this board

I don't call her a liar

So, can I tell your buddy to just SHUT UP since he's called me a liar!! You need to tell him his GREEN is showing up all over this board - I met Elvis and he didn't and all he can say is "prove it"!! It's pretty funny that people are so jealous of others who did things they never got to do!!!

Forever Best Friends

TCB Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by memphisflash View Post
    I'm not discrediting Jerry like some of y'all are Myrna and calling her a drug addict. I guess you don't know that Jerry drinks a lot as well huh? Anyway my point was that it might have been a misprint by the author. Jerry didn't write the book himself. Someone else did by using his words. It's kind of like Nancy Rooks book claiming that Elvis dated a black girl who worked for him who died in a bar fight shortly afterwards and said her name was Maggie. Well the only Maggie who worked for Elvis is still living and appeared in Careless Love. So either Nancy got her facts wrong or the writer misprinted her wording. It happens more than not.
    You sound very familiar.

According to Myrna a couple of years ago in an interview, she and Elvis were NEVER intimate.

Shreveport, Louisiana--Home of the Louisiana Hayride, James Burton and D.J. Fontana!!

"Can't we all just get along?" Seriously, I just wanted to say thanks to Jess for posting the interview. I enjoy hearing stories from people who loved and respected Elvis. That's all that matters! And as for our members who have met Elvis and seen him in concert, I think that is awesome and I love to hear their stories as well. I wish I could have been so blessed...

ELVIS ALWAYS

Can everyone say GREEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNN?????

Forever Best Friends

Quote Originally Posted by rocknroll View Post
    You sound very familiar.

According to Myrna a couple of years ago in an interview, she and Elvis were NEVER intimate.
    Yeah, check out the name - has a very familiar ring to it!!!!

Forever Best Friends

Quote Originally Posted by Laura Harrell View Post
    "Can't we all just get along?" Seriously, I just wanted to say thanks to Jess for posting the interview. I enjoy hearing stories from people who loved and respected Elvis. That's all that matters! And as for our members who have met Elvis and seen him in concert, I think that is awesome and I love to hear their stories as well. I wish I could have been so blessed...
    Yeah, and we all love to share our stories til these types come along!!!

Forever Best Friends

Quote Originally Posted by TotallyInsane View Post
    So, can I tell your buddy to just SHUT UP since he's called me a liar!! You need to tell him his GREEN is showing up all over this board - I met Elvis and he didn't and all he can say is "prove it"!! It's pretty funny that people are so jealous of others who did things they never got to do!!!
    Jealous of what? Your fantasy???

In an island in the North Atlantic called Newfoundland , Canada

Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post
    First of all, you don't need to tell me about Jerry Schilling. I've been around longer than you and have met him on more than one occasion, while Elvis was still alive.

Page 330 of "Me and a Guy Named Elvis"....Myrna and I were married in 1980, with Carl Wilson serving as best man.

Paage 331....In 1985, after 5 years of marriage and 10 years together,Myrna and I realized we had grown apart. We divorced, but have manged to remain good friends.

Maybe senility has made Jerry Schilling get all of his dates wrong. Not sure who wrote the dates you want to use, but I tend to belive the man himself....Jerry.

Ok this is Rosanne's response to your dates about Jerry's wedding to Myrna. Please show me where she is calling you a liar! All I see is her giving you some facts!

You need to get an attitude check or maybe that's just your natural personality. Sorry that you don't like to be corrected but it's life. Get used to it. You should have by now after all these years. I gave you a link and all you could do is act snobby about it. I don't appreciate that.

This is is your response to her post! So who is being RUDE! Not Rosanne!!

Quote Originally Posted by rocknroll View Post
    You sound very familiar.

Intimate doesn't always mean sexual. It can be a meaning of a close personal relationship in which Myrna Smith did have with Elvis and admitted in the link I posted. It doesn't mean they slept together. It just means they were close.

Shreveport, Louisiana--Home of the Louisiana Hayride, James Burton and D.J. Fontana!!

Jealous of what? Your fantasy???
    I really don't see why anyone here would feel a need to lie about meeting Elvis or seeing him in concert. What would be the purpose?

ELVIS ALWAYS

Quote Originally Posted by midnight View Post
    Ok this is Rosanne's response to your dates about Jerry's wedding to Myrna. Please show me where she is calling you a liar! All I see is her giving you some facts!
    OMG!!! Do you not know how to read???? It's right in the quoted piece that you posted. From the beginning to the end. That was what started it all.

I really don't see why anyone here would feel a need to lie about meeting Elvis or seeing him in concert. What would be the purpose?
    To look big or special and more important than others.

TCB Mafia

Intimate doesn't always mean sexual. It can be a meaning of a close personal relationship in which Myrna Smith did have with Elvis and admitted in the link I posted. It doesn't mean they slept together. It just means they were close.
    Uhhh...no. To most of the intelligent world, intimate means, sexual. You did say somewhat intimate, so maybe you meant they were just holding hands.

I would never try to be big - I'm only 5'1"!!!!!!!!!!!

Forever Best Friends

To complete strangers who they will probably never meet? Again, I don't see the purpose.

ELVIS ALWAYS

OMG!!! Do you not know how to read???? It's right in the quoted piece that you posted. From the beginning to the end. That was what started it all.
    Yes I have been reading for many years now! I still do not see where she is calling you a 'liar'. I see facts that she got out of a book to prove a point that you may have been wrong!

To complete strangers who they will probably never meet? Again, I don't see the purpose.
    Thank you Laura - that's always been something I've never been able to figure out either!!!

Forever Best Friends

What a crazy debate, if I can even call it that.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast