Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Myrna Smith Interview

Re: Myrna Smith Interview

Quote Originally Posted by LtCarman View Post
    Where's Getlo, Leroy, or Tony when you need them?

Me, knowing nothing about this dilemma, am just stating that misprints and misrecollections do happen. Again, I am staying neutral. If anybody needs me, I'll be in my hut in Switzerland.
    Why do you need them? So they can look in their book and see the same thing?
    I have TWO copies of the book...they both say the same thing!

Quote Originally Posted by memphisflash View Post
    How is him giving a reasonable possibility considered stirring things up? Just because he doesn't agree with the leader of the pack?
    Don't you mean "because he doesn't agree with Jerry Schilling?"

Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post
    Why do you need them? So they can look in their book and see the same thing?
    I have TWO copies of the book...they both say the same thing!
    What I meant by "misprint" was a typo that got overlooked and was never fixed and Getlo is usually the most informed about these types of things. (Even though I'm not too fond of the way he states his facts, I still have to give him credit.)

Right here.

I think we can count on Jerry to get the dates (or at least the years) of his own marriage correct.

Getlo is usually the most informed about these types of things. (Even though I'm not too fond of the way he states his facts, I still have to give him credit.)
    I state facts, with sources, clearly and concisely. It's when people disgaree in the face of absolute, total proof that I go in for the kill.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

Quote Originally Posted by Getlo View Post
    Right here.

I think we can count on Jerry to get the dates (or at least the years) of his own marriage correct.
    Thank you Getlo....that was my assumption as well.

Quote Originally Posted by getlo View Post
    I state facts, with sources, clearly and concisely. It's when people disgaree in the face of absolute, total proof that I go in for the kill.
    I understand TOTALLY about frustration levels going up when peopel don't want to believe what is in BLACK & WHITE!
    Last edited by utmom2008; 01-26-2009 at 10:39 AM.

Thank you Getlo....that was my assumption as well.

I understand TOTALLY about frustration levels going up when peopel don't want to believe what is in BLACK & WHITE!

I agree with both of you. I feel that those who keep arguing about a subject over and over again in spite of numerous proofs aren't really looking to find the truth. They just enjoy stirring things up.

Diane

Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    I agree with both of you. I feel that those who keep arguing about a subject over and over again in spite of numerous proofs aren't really looking to find the truth. They just enjoy stirring things up.

Diane
    I agree with you 100% Diane. Trying to say that Jerry Schilling didn't know the years that he was married only served to make them look completely foolish.

I agree with you 100% Diane. Trying to say that Jerry Schilling didn't know the years that he was married only served to make them look completely foolish.

Me, knowing nothing about this dilemma, am just stating that misprints and misrecollections do happen. Again, I am staying neutral. If anybody needs me, I'll be in my hut in Switzerland.
    I hope you realize that there are others here that know more than just a little bit. Too bad you were sucked into that argument. And, no, I hardly call that staying "neutral."

Then I guess Myrna Smith lied when she said this.

http://www.elvisinfonet.com/myrna.html

EIN - You were closer to Elvis than most since you were married to Elvis' friend Jerry Schilling for some time.

MS - In fact I was married to Jerry from 1982 - 1987 and we're still good friends. Jerry and I started dating in 1973 and so I got a chance to spend more time with Elvis than others. I flew on Elvis' plane, spent time at Graceland and usually stayed on the same floor as Elvis in the hotels when were on tour. In California I would stay at Elvis' house on Monovale.

TCB Mafia

Then I guess Myrna Smith lied when she said this.

http://www.elvisinfonet.com/myrna.html

EIN - You were closer to Elvis than most since you were married to Elvis' friend Jerry Schilling for some time.

MS - In fact I was married to Jerry from 1982 - 1987 and we're still good friends. Jerry and I started dating in 1973 and so I got a chance to spend more time with Elvis than others. I flew on Elvis' plane, spent time at Graceland and usually stayed on the same floor as Elvis in the hotels when were on tour. In California I would stay at Elvis' house on Monovale.

good work Memphisflash

I remember reading this interview a while ago

I wonder what Roseanne and Ehollier will say about this?

two conflicting dates for their marriage.

I hope you realize that there are others here that know more than just a little bit. Too bad you were sucked into that argument. And, no, I hardly call that staying "neutral."
    Yeah, it sounded neutral in my head at 1:22 in the morning. Now looking back at it at 3:32 in the afternoon, I regret posting that.

I apologize for any frustration I may have caused.
    Last edited by LtCarman; 01-26-2009 at 01:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    good work Memphisflash

I remember reading this interview a while ago

I wonder what Roseanne and Ehollier will say about this?

two conflicting dates for their marriage.

Well, if I had to put money on who had their dates confused - I would put my money on Myrna. She has had drug issues in the past and in August of 2007 I ran into her at The Peabody on several occasions and no matter what time of day or night it was she appeared to be either drunk and/or stoned. Maybe you missed her appearance on Judge Judy. From everything I know about drug and/or alcohol abuse - the memory is the first thing to go! I'm betting Jerry remembers a whole lot more than Myrna. Have you sent Jerry Schilling an email yet?
    And, I will never believe that Elvis ever even entetained the thought of being intimate with Myrna!!

Forever Best Friends

Quote Originally Posted by TotallyInsane View Post
    Well, if I had to put money on who had their dates confused - I would put my money on Myrna. She has had drug issues in the past and in August of 2007 I ran into her at The Peabody on several occasions and no matter what time of day or night it was she appeared to be either drunk and/or stoned. Maybe you missed her appearance on Judge Judy. From everything I know about drug and/or alcohol abuse - the memory is the first thing to go! I'm betting Jerry remembers a whole lot more than Myrna. Have you sent Jerry Schilling an email yet?
    And, I will never believe that Elvis ever even entetained the thought of being intimate with Myrna!!
    WOW!! I didn't know about Myrna. But I know you are THE person that scouts out the Peabody for Elvis people. I wish I could write an article about you for some paper or magazine related to Elvis. You make me laugh.

The line about Elvis being intimate with Myrna, I thought all they did was dance. But why would Jerry say that Elvis mentions this?
    Last edited by ehollier; 01-26-2009 at 02:06 PM.
    "More people today should see him not simply as a performer, but as an artist with a great soul."

John Bakke, professor emeritus
    University of Memphis

It killed me to see Myrna on the Judge Judy show the way she was. I hope she's straightened out by now. Good lady, hate to see her like that! May be why she and Jerry broke up.

Diane

Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    It killed me to see Myrna on the Judge Judy show the way she was. I hope she's straightened out by now. Good lady, hate to see her like that! May be why she and Jerry broke up.

Diane
    Diane, I remember seeing Myrna on there, too. She looked so out of it...I hope she's straightened out now, as well.

Why did Myrna and Jerry break up?

franny

TCB Mafia

I'm not the one who started this about the marriage
    that was between Memphisflash and Roseanne
    so if Memphisflash wants to send an email he can

I just pointed out that perhaps Jerry was wrong about his wedding date it wouldn't be the first time someone gets dates and events mixed up in there life and Mr.Schilling has been wrong about things before
    MemphisFlash and Roseanne were getting into an argument about this so I
    thought I would point out the possibility.
    Myrna Smith's memory always seemed okay to me.

and who said anything about Myrna and Elvis being intimate
    no one that I remember has brought that up during this thread.

Brian, there you are arguing with facts again. Myrna has not been straight for many years and Jerry has so who do you think would be more apt to have the correct facts?

Diane

And why would Jerry ever assume that Elvis would have a problem with him and Myrna being together when it's been documented that Elvis was fond of Myrna and somewhat intimate with her on a few occasions? I've never understood that.

Obviously you missed this post!

Forever Best Friends

And why would Jerry ever assume that Elvis would have a problem with him and Myrna being together when it's been documented that Elvis was fond of Myrna and somewhat intimate with her on a few occasions?
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    and who said anything about Myrna and Elvis being intimate
    no one that I remember has brought that up during this thread.

You need to pay more attention.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast