Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 32 of 32

Thread: Look what I found....

  1. #21
    Angel utmom2008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    10,021

    Re: Look what I found....

    Quote Originally Posted by Donut View Post
    I know where you can find it

  2. #22
    TCB Mafia
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,039

    Re: Look what I found....

    I have a picture of me receiving the Hopkins book for Christmas in 1972 (?)

  3. #23
    Angel utmom2008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    10,021

    Re: Look what I found....

    Quote Originally Posted by cibetty View Post
    My Godness Rosanne!!! Have you read all of them? Elvis is a recorder in the number of books for sure... Is there another star whose life was so interesting that it was written in so many books? I think Elvis was the one and only!! I saw you have "Elvis And Me" from Priscilla. Lucky you!! I'd like to read it in English!! Thanks for sharing this pic Rosanne!!
    Here you go Betti...I added the 2 new ones and took a better picture.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dscn0174.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	61.1 KB 
ID:	29473

  4. #24
    Angel utmom2008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    10,021

    Re: Look what I found....

    Quote Originally Posted by rocknroll View Post
    I have a picture of me receiving the Hopkins book for Christmas in 1972 (?)
    You need to show us!

  5. #25
    TCB Mafia cibetty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Hungary
    Posts
    2,787

    Re: Look what I found....

    Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post
    Here you go Betti...I added the 2 new ones and took a better picture.

    Great collection Rosanne!! Unfortunately there are very few books came out here, but I bought some books in 2nd hand book shops. But it is only Priscilla's book what I'd really like to read in English version, I've read the Hungarian translation. I have the "Albert Goldman" book and the bodyguards' book ("Elvis, What Happened") as well in my language. And another book from Dr. Raymond A. Moody, its title "Elvis After Life".


    I LOVE
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ♪ ♫♪ ♫♪ ♫♪ [̲̅̅E̲̅][̲̅̅L̲̅][̲̅̅V̲̅][̲̅̅I̲​̅][̲̅̅S̲̅] [̲̅̅P̲̅][̲̅̅R̲̅][̲̅̅E̲̅][̲̅̅S̲​̅][̲̅̅L̲̅[̲̅̅E̲̅][̲̅̅Y̲̅] ♫♪ ♫♪ ♫♪
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬


    My page on YouTube and on MyElvisWorld:
    http://www.youtube.com/cibetty, http://www.myelvisworld.com/cibetty

  6. #26
    PINK Cadillac Lisarose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    GulfCoast, Texas
    Posts
    3,107

    Re: Look what I found....

    Great collection, there Roseanne. I have a lot of those same books, only I bought them within the last few years. I did buy a magazine right after his death - $1.50, that I still have, I have it wrapped up, as it's yellowed and getting pretty frail. Elvis the King, by Paul Lichter.

    Are any of yours autographed?


    Just pretend, I'm holding you, and whispering things soft and low.
    And think of me, how it's gonna be and just pretend I didn't go

  7. #27
    Angel utmom2008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    10,021

    Re: Look what I found....

    Quote Originally Posted by Lisarose View Post
    Great collection, there Roseanne. I have a lot of those same books, only I bought them within the last few years. I did buy a magazine right after his death - $1.50, that I still have, I have it wrapped up, as it's yellowed and getting pretty frail. Elvis the King, by Paul Lichter.

    Are any of yours autographed?
    The ones by Sean Shaver are autographed and there is a pic inside of "68 At 40" that Steve Binder autographed.
    The gold box towards the left has a Sean Shaver book in it as well.

  8. #28
    PINK Cadillac Lisarose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    GulfCoast, Texas
    Posts
    3,107

    Re: Look what I found....

    A couple of mine came autographed, I bought one by Sandy Pichon that she autographed to 'Jennifer'.

    When I was in college, I attended an architecture seminar with a boyfriend and met
    Buckminster Fuller. My boyfriend had a book that he wanted autographed. He had
    gone to the bar and I decided to be the good girlfriend and get his book signed. Mr.
    Fuller asked me my name and in a blonde moment, I told him thinking he wanted to
    know my name
    , well no, he wanted to know who to sign the book to! D
    So if anyone asks me, 'Jennifer' will be a friend who asked Sandy to sign my book for me while I was at the bar getting margaritas


    Just pretend, I'm holding you, and whispering things soft and low.
    And think of me, how it's gonna be and just pretend I didn't go

  9. #29
    TCB Mafia midnight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    In an island in the North Atlantic called Newfoundland , Canada
    Posts
    2,095

    Re: Look what I found....

    Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post
    While going through my Mother's house today I found 2 books from way back when! I had the dates they were bought written on the inside of each book...the Hopkins book was Sept. 1971 and the Mann book was Dec. 1975.
    Attachment 29455

    I also have the Hopkins Book that my mom got for me after I saw the Hawaii concert in 1973. I have the Mann book when it was republished and called "The Private Elvis". I loved the "Private Elvis" one. It is funny to read them now knowing all we know about his drug use. Of course nothing was mentioned of that in those books. It was all before his 'Secret life " was revealed!

  10. #30
    Angel utmom2008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    10,021

    Re: Look what I found....

    Quote Originally Posted by Lisarose View Post
    A couple of mine came autographed, I bought one by Sandy Pichon that she autographed to 'Jennifer'.

    When I was in college, I attended an architecture seminar with a boyfriend and met
    Buckminster Fuller. My boyfriend had a book that he wanted autographed. He had
    gone to the bar and I decided to be the good girlfriend and get his book signed. Mr.
    Fuller asked me my name and in a blonde moment, I told him thinking he wanted to
    know my name
    , well no, he wanted to know who to sign the book to! D
    So if anyone asks me, 'Jennifer' will be a friend who asked Sandy to sign my book for me while I was at the bar getting margaritas

    Quote Originally Posted by midnight View Post
    I also have the Hopkins Book that my mom got for me after I saw the Hawaii concert in 1973. I have the Mann book when it was republished and called "The Private Elvis". I loved the "Private Elvis" one. It is funny to read them now knowing all we know about his drug use. Of course nothing was mentioned of that in those books. It was all before his 'Secret life " was revealed!
    I know what you mean. It's really interesting to read back through them now. They are true relics!

  11. #31
    Cadillac King javierTCB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Barcelona, Spain
    Posts
    345

    Re: Look what I found....

    the jewels of the crown....a real treasure

    "I am now a central part
    Of your mindīs landscape
    Wheter you care or do not
    Yeah, Iīve made up your mind"

  12. #32
    TCB Mafia john carpenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Lakeland, Florida
    Posts
    1,867

    Re: Look what I found....

    Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post
    I could have done without that piece of news! I guess I could say that I was 5 months old too, I just learned to read at a very early age.

    I feel the same.
    I'm the King of the Jungle, They call me Tigerman

    ]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •