Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Co-workers Disliking Elvis

Co-workers Disliking Elvis

Does anyone work in a place where co-workers dislike Elvis? Just asking as I was at work recently when a co-worker (who knew I was an Elvis fan) asked me unexpectedly "how long have you liked Elvis?" Surprised with the question I answered "all my life." Without allowing me to expand on my answer with an explanation he lurched "I've never liked Elvis since my Dad told me about the time he pushed a British soldier in the face."

Puzzled and amazed I asked what he meant. He said his Dad saw Elvis on the news returning from Germany and as he stepped off the plane Elvis pushed a British soldier in the face who was standing in his way. I didn't bother to respond when he said this as I thought this probably isn't true as I've seen loads of newsreel clips of the event and not witnessed this and thought he could just be winding me up.

I find this a pathetic reason for a 40yr old man to use so has anyone seen the clip of this event?
    That aint tactics honey....that's just the beast in me.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y152/GeordieBroon/elvisheader.jpg

Elvis PRESLEY:The most important, most influential artist of the 20th century. b. 8 Jan 1935, Mississippi, US, d. 16 Aug 1977. He holds, or has held, almost every chart-related record including perhaps the most important: more No.1s than any act in chart history.

International Level WHITETIGERMAN's Avatar
    I've had situations for a short time where I've cussed people out over this.After that it stopped.The main thing I was hearing was from certain African-Americans was why did Elvis not like black people...........so I proceed to set the record straight.
    But yet I can ask certain other African-Americans that are well rounded off( I'm not slamming anyone by this comment) if they ever heard of this and they tell me no and know that Elvis was not like that.But back to the point..................it's like my Dad once said.........for some reason people are jealous of Elvis.....always wanting to say something about him.....and they wish they could do what he's done.
    Some have learned the hard way.......like Rona Barrett said us Elvis fans are very devoted and very critical.......and will come down on you like a ton of bricks if you say one bad thing about him.But yes...I used to have problems with co-workers like that until they got my temper going.I did have a co-worker were I'm at now say man don't ever say nothing bad about Elvis or you will get your a** kicked......and he's not an Elvis-Fan...LOL.

Vegas King
    That never happened,
    It's just his excuse to dislike Elvis.
    Since I'm still in school
    I always get bad comments about Elvis.
    They always talk about his drug problems,never about his charisma,voice,looks.............

have to agree with you vegas king i don't recall elvis treating a soldier in that manner the people who don't get elvis try to bring down the ones who do i don't understand it but thats the way it goes as elvis said don't criticize what you don't understand son

Yeah! I posted my venting out on another thread yesterday about this kind of thing.
    The One and Only King of Rock'n'Roll.

I found my post about one fellow co-worker giving me a hardtime yesterday.It's on the Elvis' Memory thread.Already today was a different story with that "co-worker." He had nothing to "rib" me about.My point would be,even if you're not an Elvis fan and really don't have anything nice to say about the man,then keep your flippin' mouth shut!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas King View Post
    That never happened,
    It's just his excuse to dislike Elvis.
    Since I'm still in school
    I always get bad comments about Elvis.
    They always talk about his drug problems,never about his charisma,voice,looks.............
    That's what it was like for me too.Having people who know nothing about Elvis "cut" the guy down.

Quote Originally Posted by WHITETIGERMAN View Post
    I've had situations for a short time where I've cussed people out over this.After that it stopped.

It's kind of Juvenile of me but whenever someone criticizes Elvis (because they can't understand why a 40+ year old man likes Elvis) i flip them the bird!And say "Don't hate" Appreciate!
    I'm the King of the Jungle, They call me Tigerman

]

Quote Originally Posted by john carpenter View Post
    It's kind of Juvenile of me but whenever someone criticizes Elvis (because they can't understand why a 40+ year old man likes Elvis) i flip them the bird!And say "Don't hate" Appreciate!
    Priceless! A man of few words!

Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post
    Priceless! A man of few words!
    We'd get along just perfect!!!

Forever Best Friends

Quote Originally Posted by TotallyInsane View Post
    We'd get along just perfect!!!
    Hey! Your YT video isn't showing up.

Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post
    Hey! Your YT video isn't showing up.
    Yeah, I just noticed that - wonder if it's gone???

Forever Best Friends

MissyM
    Well, several family members didn't like him very well. And I heard about it. So that's why I didn't bring him up lots. I wish I would have been bolder so I heard more that I could share.

Quote Originally Posted by MissyM View Post
    Well, several family members didn't like him very well. And I heard about it. So that's why I didn't bring him up lots. I wish I would have been bolder so I heard more that I could share.
    I`ve been there too,MissyM. People would cut Elvis down and I didn`t say a word,when I was younger but now I don`t care who you are,I`ll let you have it if you put down Elvis in front of me.

Quote Originally Posted by shelley.m. View Post
    I found my post about one fellow co-worker giving me a hardtime yesterday.It's on the Elvis' Memory thread.Already today was a different story with that "co-worker." He had nothing to "rib" me about.My point would be,even if you're not an Elvis fan and really don't have anything nice to say about the man,then keep your flippin' mouth shut!!!
    Oh Shelley!! Are you allowed to say "flippin'?
    http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/8558/42274.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff View Post
    Oh Shelley!! Are you allowed to say "flippin'?
    Mods! Is it okay to use the word `Flippin`on here?
    Last edited by shelley.m.; 01-10-2009 at 02:42 PM.

Cliff,of course that`s not what I told the young man.It was a little more harsher then that.

My ex-wife hated ELvis.....
    ...Untill i took her to see him in '74 at a concert in Alburn,Al.
    completely changed her views about him!!

A guy seated at the same table as my party in Vegas
    Aug.of the same year,'74

He was complaining loudly about how much he disliked ELvis....Cut to end of show,Heard the Same Man say while we all were leaving the showroom that He would pay any amount of money to get tickets to the next nights show.
    ..Go figure.
    Last edited by Elton; 01-11-2009 at 03:44 AM.
    You Remember That Donach Ya?

Later Elton ^j^

TCB Mafia
    Certainly there are many who don't appreciate Elvis and have views about him that we all know just aren't true. I really don't give a **** and don't try to set anyone straight.

Anyway, I find there are more who like him than don't.

No one has really ever given me a hard time about being an Elvis fan.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast