Thread: Hello

Mad Tigers
    hi all this is my first post on this board and i must say what a refreshing change it is to see people talking without restrictions or fear off being banned.
    MY BOY,MY BOY

Mad Tigers
    i forgot to say the photo is scotty playing in london this year not long after his brain operation..
    its the second time i have seen him play and there was a marked differance in his playing but he still wowed us all and did a great show.

did anybody else catch that show.
    MY BOY,MY BOY

Welcome on board Rob!

I didn't manage to catch Scotty on his tour.

Did he say much about his operation? It's good to see he can still play the guitar. Let's hope he recovers well enough to be able to play the licks like he used to.
    Too much monkey business for me to be involved in

Mad Tigers
    hi and thanks scatter

no im afraid he said very little but his long time partner came on stage and told us that scotty had returned to work before the doctors said he was ready.

but scotty being scotty wanted to do the uk tour as it was already booked and he did not want to let any fans down....... what a guy
    MY BOY,MY BOY

Hi Rob, I bet it was quite a show. Scotty is a good guy.

It must have taken a lot of courage to face doing a tour, knowing he wasn't really well enough.

I always smile at the 68 Special, when Elvis is relating the story about Scotty. It's funny when Elvis says Scotty never said anything, but said, "would you sing that Lawdy Miss Clawdy for me one time man?"

I hope Scotty continues to improve.
    Too much monkey business for me to be involved in

TCB Mafia
    Hi Rod

Welcome to tcb-world

I hope you enjoy your visits
    TCB Chris.

---------------------------------------

Heartbreak Hotel, Room 11 Albert's Avatar
    Hi Rod, welcome aboard

I haven't seen Scotty ever live, but I can imagine the exitement. It's like seeing a living legend. How would the musicindustry today look like when Sam Philips didn't let Elvis, Scotty and Bill fool around? And if Scotty and Elvis weren't on the same level during that session?

The musicindustry should honour him more for his contributions. But hey, today it's all about the Eminems, Britney's, Chistine's, Noah Jones's and the Robbie Williams..... I agree on Bono when he said that it isn't the illegal downloading of music that's hurting the musicindustry most, it's the lack of new music. We have them same music without only a few minor changes for the last 10-15 years. :bash:
    ‎"A year from now, you'll wish you had started today"

Follow TCB-World on Twitter for website updates and Elvisnews: http://twitter.com/tcbworldcom

Mad Tigers
    i might be going out on a limb here.

but arfter seeing scotty again i think he should give up doing all music shows.
    the show he did in london was very hard on him anyone could see that.
    but imagine scotty sitting down to a audiance talking about the sun years the hayride and being on the road with elvis and then maybe showing a few gutiar licks now that i would like to see.
    and im sure he would find it a lot easier on himself
    MY BOY,MY BOY

From Elvis Presley Blvd Lonniebealestreet's Avatar
    That's a good idea and a considerate one, Rod.

I guess Scotty's doing what makes him happy though. I may be wrong, but he doesn't seem like one to talk a lot in front of an audience.

BTW welcome aboard.
    ...you won't forget me when I go.