Thread: Really nice remake of 'Please Don't Stop Moving Me'

Really nice remake of 'Please Don't Stop Loving Me'

This is one of my favorite 60's songs and to think it came from a throwaway album Frankie And Johnnie. Someone has remixed it with a new instrumentation like the Xmas Duets cd. Very nicely done!

[YT]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7ygEgsUSKbo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7ygEgsUSKbo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YT]
    Last edited by Tigerman_69; 01-02-2009 at 12:42 PM.

I think this is the most beautiful ballad Elvis ever sang and brings tears to my eyes whenever I listen to it...and I don't cry easily.

Diane

In an island in the North Atlantic called Newfoundland , Canada
    That is beautiful. Listening to these types of songs gives one the feeling that Elvis is singing just to them! Beautiful!

What i like about hearing the new backing mix is that it makes it sound as if Elvis is still alive and recording.

International Level spanish eyes's Avatar
    I love Elvis' ballads, this one is so beautiful and so under-rated, thanks for sharing it
    You ask how long I love you, I'll tell you true,
    until the Twelfth of Never, I'll still be loving you

LIF

I like the song-it sounds a little clearer that the movie cut. But not much real change to my ears. Isn't this an alternate take? I know they did about 18 versions of this. I listened to a few and they sound real similar to this.
    Work in Progress!

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    I like the song-it sounds a little clearer that the movie cut. But not much real change to my ears. Isn't this an alternate take? I know they did about 18 versions of this. I listened to a few and they sound real similar to this.
    I don't know. it sounds slightly different in the way he sings certain parts. But it's still a wonderful song and the new mix is perfectly done and stayed within the original concept.

Beautiful song...thanks for the post. You might want to change the title however....it's Please Don't Stop LOVING Me......not MOVING me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerman_69 View Post
    I don't know. it sounds slightly different in the way he sings certain parts. But it's still a wonderful song and the new mix is perfectly done and stayed within the original concept.
    I actually think this just may just be an alternate take as it was done. Do you know who is suppose to have remixed this?
    In the 18 takes Elvis did on this song-he does sing it differently in parts and the music background changes as each musician works on their part and suggestions are made on how it may sound best. If it has anything added it sure is subtle.
    I would have to listen to all 18 takes to know for sure-but the takes all sound much cleared and sharper than the album cut-which does give it a new sound.
    Last edited by KPM; 01-02-2009 at 12:30 PM.
    Work in Progress!

Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post
    Beautiful song...thanks for the post. You might want to change the title however....it's Please Don't Stop LOVING Me......not MOVING me.
    I don't know how to edit a topic once it's been replied to. But thanks for catching that for me. It's obviously a typo unless he did a rarity that we don't know about called Please Don't Stop Moving Me.

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    I actually think this just may just be an alternate take as it was done. Do you know who is suppose to have remixed this?
    In the 18 takes Elvis did on this song-he does sing it differently in parts and the music background changes as each musician works on their part and suggestions are made on how it may sound best. If it has anything added it sure is subtle.
    I would have to listen to all 18 takes to know for sure-but the takes all sound much cleared and sharper than the album cut-which does give it a new sound.
    I agree. the outtakes I have are much clearer and sharper than the master.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerman_69 View Post
    I don't know how to edit a topic once it's been replied to. But thanks for catching that for me. It's obviously a typo unless he did a rarity that we don't know about called Please Don't Stop Moving Me.

A Beautiful Ballad. A Very Underated Song. Elvis Always Sang Ballads Beautifully. A Beautiful Song By A Beautiful Man!!!!!!!!!!

Great Video

Very nice mix and nice pics in the clip too. I was pleased to hear it repeat the bridge and third verse again, making a longer and more enjoyable song.
    "The way you looked, the sound of your laughing..."

TCB Mafia
    Thanks Tigerman, "Please Don't Stop Loving Me" certainly is a beautiful song, Elvis sung it so tenderly.

Is this the same? [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pz8EkfSEnhA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pz8EkfSEnhA[/ame]
    Let the stars fade and fall, and I won't care at all, as long as I have you.
    Elvis...

http://myantiquemusicbox.wordpress.com/
    http://wendy56.wordpress.com/

"You've got it all together like a lovin' machine
    You're lookin' like glory and walkin' like a dream...
    Mother nature's sure been good to Y-O-U"

Wendy

Vegas King
    Great stuff.
    Thanks for posting

I love this song!!!!