Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fox News Huckabee Program Tonight.

MissyM

Fox News Huckabee Program Tonight.

Just announced that the last man to see Elvis alive will be on tonight.

In an island in the North Atlantic called Newfoundland , Canada
    Huh? Is this a show or what MissyM?

MissyM
    Mike Huckabee is on Fox News. (same channel as O'Reilly)He has his own show and guests. It's entertaining and different. Very respectful people on it. And Mike Huckabee has formed his own band from people who work at Fox News. He plays the bass. So at the end of the show the band plays a song. I know he really likes Elvis music.

Missy, are you referring to Billy on this program or someone else, and if it's someone else, do you have name?
    "More people today should see him not simply as a performer, but as an artist with a great soul."

John Bakke, professor emeritus
    University of Memphis

MissyM
    Correction. It will be on Sat. nite!

Backstage Pass
    Will it be Billy Smith or perhaps another one of those Stanley brothers? Wasn't Billy the last one to see Elvis though?

TCB Mafia
    I hope it isn't one of the Stanley brothers

TCB Mafia
    I just found out it will be James Burton on Huckabee Saturday.

I don't think James was even close to being the last person to see Elvis alive.

Loving elvis
    Shreveport guitarist James Burton will appear on the Mike Huckabee’s show on the Fox News Channel at 7 p.m. Saturday.

Burton, a member of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and a past guitarist for many rock legends, will discuss Elvis Presley and Christian faith.

For the show, Burton will also perform with Huckabee -- a longtime musician, past presidential candidate and former governor of Arkansas.

source:http://www.shreveporttimes.com/artic...EWS01/90102011

Still, I'd rather hear from the genuine James Burton, than the money-grubbing, opportunistic David Stanley.
    Last edited by dannyboy1; 01-04-2009 at 03:56 PM. Reason: wrong name
    "The way you looked, the sound of your laughing..."

MissyM
    Apparently the program got pre-empted by a special on Hamas. Now I just got an e-mail from a friend who claims it will be Rick Stanley on the show?? Oh and it will air tonight.

Loving elvis
    Quote Originally Posted by MissyM View Post
    Apparently the program got pre-empted by a special on Hamas. Now I just got an e-mail from a friend who claims it will be Rick Stanley on the show?? Oh and it will air tonight.
    Shreveport guitarist James Burton will appear on the Mike Huckabee’s show on the Fox News Channel at 7 p.m. Saturday.

Burton, a member of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and a past guitarist for many rock legends, will discuss Elvis Presley and Christian faith.

For the show, Burton will also perform with Huckabee -- a longtime musician, past presidential candidate and former governor of Arkansas.

Quote Originally Posted by presley31 View Post

James be on next Saturday - January 10, right? It wasn't something that we missed last night, correct?
    "More people today should see him not simply as a performer, but as an artist with a great soul."

John Bakke, professor emeritus
    University of Memphis

Loving elvis
    Quote Originally Posted by ehollier View Post
    James be on next Saturday - January 10, right? It wasn't something that we missed last night, correct?
    everywhere l looked said it was james that was suppposed be on.

James is the one I'd prefer to hear from. But MissyM mentioned RICK Stanley. IMO Rick is by far the best of the three Stanleys. Last thing I heard he was a Christian minister. I have a book he wrote about Elvis called "Caught In A Trap" and I must say it contains some of the most compassionate, thought-provoking and insightful comments I have ever seen written about Elvis.

My earlier comment about David Stanley most definately does NOT apply to Rick.

TCB Mafia
    I just saw the show and they had both James Burton and Ricky Stanley on

Mike Huckabee talked with Rick Stanley about Elvis religious beliefs and James Burton about what it was like playing with him

MissyM
    I just watched it too. James Burton was great. Stanley, ok. I did like the focus on Elvis's spiritual side. Don't like the fact that Rick didn't correct Mike on him being the last one to talk to Elvis. Didn't like Rick knocking Elvis's friends and blaming them. Ok, that's just me, I think everyone knows my opinion on that by now.
    But let me say one thing. Elvis talked to Billy Smith about faith odten and Billy was then a Christian. Raise one his whole life. On the other hand Rick Stanley wasn't one till after Elvis died. Maybe I'm being silly. But these details and some perceptions bug me a bit.
    I like Huck saying what an impact Elvis had on the country when it came to race relations in that no one told him that it was ok to hang with black people, he just showed a great example.

I've just finished watching the show myself here in Australia and enjoyed it. (well, I enjoyed it after the impersonators had left, I should say).

I agree with the points you made, MissyM, but I can also see some truth in what Rick said. Most of the guys around Elvis (Esposito, the Wests, etc...) really didn't foster Elvis' spiritual side or share his interest in spiritual things. Others (like Geller) tried to lead Elvis in different spiritual directions.

So I didn't mind Rick.

But hasn't James B aged? I guess I haven't seen him for a few years, but it came as a bit of a shock. Ain't it sad how time slips away?

Anyway, apart from the imitators, it was a good show.

TCB Mafia
    Mr. Huckabee made this point about Ricky Stanley being possibly the last person to see Elvis alive but no one knows really.

It occured to me after he said that, that Ginger Alden was really the last person to see Elvis alive.

International Level WHITETIGERMAN's Avatar
    It was a good show....just got through watching it here.They all said good things about him......nothing bad.They talked about his influence,how he was a man of great depth.
    Ricky also said that the friends around him were not of faith.
    He stated that he says show me your friends and I'll show you your future.I guess his blaming all the people around him......that would have to be himself as well too in my thought.They talked about Elvis always reading including the Bible.....how strong his faith was in GOD.....and according to Ricky refound his faith in January of 1977.
    They showed some great clips and pictures.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast