Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What kind of Elvis Fan Are You?

International Level spanish eyes's Avatar

Thumbs up What kind of Elvis Fan Are You?

Elvis has so many fans and others see us as being the same "crazed" kind of people whereas we are all individuals, so my question to you all is how would you describe yourself as being an Elvis "fan", how do you see/feel about him?

This is me and my own opinion which represents only me:

I don't class myself as being a "fan" cos to me that includes being interested in Elvis the image too and I'm not. I would call myself an appreciator of his voice cos that's what drew me to him in the first place. If I had been able to go see him live in concert I would be in the front row totally lost in his voice, no screaming or fainting from this woman. If he offered me a scarf I would smile at him and say "can I have a hug instead please".

I'm not interested in his private life more his charactertics and the person he is on the inside.

If I could list 4 things I love about him they would be this:-

1. His voice (cos without that I never would have known about him)
    2. His characteristics (all of them cos that's what makes him, him)
    3. His sense of humour (what a great one it is too lol)
    4. His looks (this is number 4 cos I see past his looks, to me he's beautiful
    not only on the outside but the inside too and to me that's what counts
    more)

To me Elvis was a human being with the most incredible voice that touched your heart, a very talented person, but a human being all the same with feelings the same as the rest of us. I wish people had that thought in their heads before they wrote about him.
    Last edited by spanish eyes; 01-22-2009 at 03:41 PM.
    You ask how long I love you, I'll tell you true,
    until the Twelfth of Never, I'll still be loving you

LIF

Good Post

For me it is all about the music. I am also not interested in stories about his personal life i just admire and respect his talent and gifted entertainer he was. His voice truley touches me every time i listen to a song. And his was a very kind loving and generous human being. If i went to a concert i would be very excited but i would just be happy to sit there and admire his voice and enjoy him performing and be entertained.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails concha%2035.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by memphis69 View Post
    Good Post

For me it is all about the music. I am also not interested in stories about his personal life i just admire and respect his talent and gifted entertainer he was. His voice truley touches me every time i listen to a song. And his was a very kind loving and generous human being. If i went to a concert i would be very excited but i would just be happy to sit there and admire his voice and enjoy him performing and be entertained.

Thanks memphis69 I enjoyed reading your post

LIF

I hope we don't have any Wild Old Elvis Fans like this:
    [YT]PFb8MWTeZwk&NR[/YT]

Forever Best Friends

Always been about the music for me since the beginning everything else is irrelevent

His talent with how he uses his voice and his music, and him as a kind human being he was.
    elvislady

Everything about Elvis always attracted me and nothing I've heard or read has or will ever change that.

Diane

I am a constant fan.

thanks for the great replies guys, please keep them coming

LIF

I think he was an incredible human. I appreciate him as an entertainer and as a person. He's my idol.

Backstage Pass
    I would call my self a true fan not one raised by parents but one raised by themselves or my the very "image" of elvis in wich i mean his escence of who he is and was.
    i love his voice
    his personality (who he was)
    and just just him (not in a sexual way but in a spiritual way)
    If Tears Could Build A Stairway, And Memories A Lane, I'd Walk Right Up To Heaven And Bring You Home Again -

TCB Mafia
    Quote Originally Posted by elvisfan92 View Post
    but in a spiritual way)

Yes, well put.

To me,Elvis had it all! The voice,the looks etc...I think that memphis69 sums it up best.
    The One and Only King of Rock'n'Roll.

In an island in the North Atlantic called Newfoundland , Canada
    There is really no words to describe the type of fan I am. Elvis has been with me all my life! He is almost like a family member. I love so many things about him. He was a big part of my childhood, he sang at my wedding, I played his songs on my belly when I was pregnant, he has been with me through the most difficult times in my life and in the best times of my life. He continues to work his magic by blessing me with friends that I never thought possible! His place in my life is beyond words! God bless you Elvis.....I just hope he has found the same happiness he has given me!

Quote Originally Posted by midnight View Post
    There is really no words to describe the type of fan I am. Elvis has been with me all my life! He is almost like a family member. I love so many things about him. He was a big part of my childhood, he sang at my wedding, I played his songs on my belly when I was pregnant, he has been with me through the most difficult times in my life and in the best times of my life. He continues to work his magic by blessing me with friends that I never thought possible! His place in my life is beyond words! God bless you Elvis.....I just hope he has found the same happiness he has given me!
    WOW!!! Great post Kim!! Sounds very familiar!!

Forever Best Friends

In an island in the North Atlantic called Newfoundland , Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by TotallyInsane View Post
    WOW!!! Great post Kim!! Sounds very familiar!!
    There are fans and then there are FANS!!! I never got to see him like you and Rosanne did but when I say I am an Elvis fan, I really, really,mean it!

There are fans and then there are FANS!!! I never got to see him like you and Rosanne did but when I say I am an Elvis fan, I really, really,mean it!
    We know that!

Forever Best Friends

Fabulous!!
    I remember my Mom and Dad always kidding about it and saying "he's practically a member of this family." I would reply with "well, he will be for sure when he becomes your son-n-law"!!

I remember when Elvis died. As soon as my aunt and grandmother heard the news, they jumped in the car and drove the 6 hours to Memphis (without a clue as to where they would stay) because, as my uncle would recall, "Uncle Elvis died and they to the funeral." I also found out that my grandmother was on the evening news that evening of the funeral as they were standing at the gates of the area where they buried him and watched the procession into the graveyard.
    "More people today should see him not simply as a performer, but as an artist with a great soul."

John Bakke, professor emeritus
    University of Memphis

Is being put in a mausoleum referred to as being buried?

Forever Best Friends

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast