Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

Thread: Christmas Day - What Would You Buy Elvis?

  1. #1
    TCB Mafia
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,495

    Christmas Day - What Would You Buy Elvis?

    Merry Christmas, Everyone!

    I was wondering, what would you buy Elvis for Christmas? What would you write on his card?


    Kimmi




    If I could give Elvis something, I would hope, it would be happiness, plus a hug! lol.....



  2. #2
    TCB Mafia ForeverTheKing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Milan, Italy
    Posts
    3,450
    Great thread

    I really don't know how I would buy Elvis for Christmas...it's difficult to choose a presentfor a person who has everything

    Maybe a trip for a couple of days, just to relax and be far away from usual life

  3. #3
    Backstage Pass
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    230
    i would give him happiness, hope, love, and reassurance if one could actually buy these things. as for the card a simple yet affective love you and a hug
    If Tears Could Build A Stairway, And Memories A Lane, I'd Walk Right Up To Heaven And Bring You Home Again -

  4. #4
    TCB Mafia epmoodyblue's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,086
    well so what he had everything...i would of given him a gift of friendship....what he really neded trusting sincere honest friends..who really would look out for him..not like those MM monkeys...i would of liked to have been his best friend..kinda like charlie hodge..one of the few good ones..had ellvis surrounded himself with just adew real sincere friends not backstabbers..mabye things would of turened out differently mabye.......i surely would of helped elvis out.. way better than that larry geller dudei would of kept him outta danger even given my life to protect him ..like if a bullet was headed his way i would of placed myself in the way to protect the king happy holidays to you all
    MY ELVIS WEBSITE
    http://www.tcb-world.com/images/signaturepics/sigpic4801_25.gif[
    ]Elvis i WILL REMEMBER YOU..FOR YOU SING IN MY HEART..AND LIVE IN MY SOUL
    my Selena Website

  5. #5
    TCB Mafia
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,039
    I'd get him the "White Album". On the card I'd write "crank it up!".

  6. #6
    Down In The Alley shelley.m.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    The Great White North.
    Posts
    2,647
    That's a tough question,Jess.It's hard to buy for someone who has everything.On the card,I would write:Wishing you all the best and love always.
    The One and Only King of Rock'n'Roll.

  7. #7
    International Level
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    601
    That's a very interesting question,Jess.
    I would buy him Happiness,Health and my Love

  8. #8
    Backstage Pass Elvis_Lady_1984's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    U.S.A
    Posts
    187
    I would make him some fudge or Christmas candies...something from the heart he's sure to enjoy. As for the card.... I would say you are a wonderful person filled with love and I am glad to be in your life. Love ME

  9. #9
    MissyM
    Guest
    I would take a pix of his momma and have and oil painting made from it.

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    52
    Good question.

    But at what age are we giving Elvis the gift?
    When he was 42 and depressed, I'd have given him a book like this one below. Where he is counted amongst the finest names in history. Which includes the famous Philosophers of ancient Greece, famous artists, writers like Dickens and Tolstoy, Beethoven and Mozart, great scientists, and notable politicians.




    Page 305. "His sublimity of voice - startling in it's reach from raunch and rebellion to angelically tender - his devastating good looks, and the pulsating charisma of the performer entranced millions."
    "........he enabled the musical synthesis that remains the bedrock of popular music today."

  11. #11
    TCB Mafia
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,495
    Quote Originally Posted by epmoodyblue View Post
    well so what he had everything...i would of given him a gift of friendship....what he really neded trusting sincere honest friends..who really would look out for him..not like those MM monkeys...i would of liked to have been his best friend..kinda like charlie hodge..one of the few good ones..had ellvis surrounded himself with just adew real sincere friends not backstabbers..mabye things would of turened out differently mabye.......i surely would of helped elvis out.. way better than that larry geller dudei would of kept him outta danger even given my life to protect him ..like if a bullet was headed his way i would of placed myself in the way to protect the king happy holidays to you all

    LOL, ahhhhh baaaaaaaa humbug Joe! lol I like Larry! lol (hugs but with them choking each other instead, lol).

  12. #12
    TCB Mafia
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,495
    Quote Originally Posted by MissyM View Post
    I would take a pix of his momma and have and oil painting made from it.

    Awwww Missy, this is the most thoughtful suggestion. I love this one.


    Merry Christmas!


    Kimmi

  13. #13
    TCB Mafia
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,495
    Quote Originally Posted by EPguide View Post
    Good question.

    But at what age are we giving Elvis the gift?
    When he was 42 and depressed, I'd have given him a book like this one below. Where he is counted amongst the finest names in history. Which includes the famous Philosophers of ancient Greece, famous artists, writers like Dickens and Tolstoy, Beethoven and Mozart, great scientists, and notable politicians.




    Page 305. "His sublimity of voice - startling in it's reach from raunch and rebellion to angelically tender - his devastating good looks, and the pulsating charisma of the performer entranced millions."
    "........he enabled the musical synthesis that remains the bedrock of popular music today."

    Hi Maurice,

    Merry Christmas!

    I didn't feel that placing an age was relevant, as it's how one feels about someone, as to what they give, so that would be up to you.

  14. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    Hi Maurice,

    Merry Christmas!

    I didn't feel that placing an age was relevant, as it's how one feels about someone, as to what they give, so that would be up to you.
    Happy Christmas Jess.

    Well I feel differently about the Elvis of 1977 than I do about the meteoric Elvis of 1957.
    Today I played "Elvis's Christmas Album" CD as we took a drive along our East coast. Maureen and I have seen 50 Elvis Christmases together!

    I'd have given the early 1960 Elvis another book. One that changed the course of my own life.

  15. #15
    TCB Mafia
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,495
    Quote Originally Posted by EPguide View Post
    Happy Christmas Jess.

    Well I feel differently about the Elvis of 1977 than I do about the meteoric Elvis of 1957.
    Today I played "Elvis's Christmas Album" CD as we took a drive along our East coast. Maureen and I have seen 50 Elvis Christmases together!

    I'd have given the early 1960 Elvis another book. One that changed the course of my own life.

    Hi Maurice,

    I hope you are here to stay?

    Awwwww your drive sounds wonderful!

    Your presents sound very thoughtful, I like them a great deal. If you feel like sharing, which book changed the course of your life?

    Kimmi

  16. #16
    Cadillac King desiree's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    273
    Hmm I don't think I'd buy anthing, I'd hand him a basket including home made Christmas cake (made by myself of course ), different kind of cheeses and a bottle of Kirsberry (cherrywine) and a banana and on the card I'd write something like this: So it's Christmas, don't worry eat a banana and have wonderful holidays! Erm ...


    "You can knock me down, step in my face,
    slander my name all over the place"
    - But don't YOU step on my blue suede shoes -


    desiree

    *You walk past me- I can feel your pain-Time changes everything -One truth always stays the same - You're still you - After all - You're still you *

  17. #17
    Cadillac King ph10579's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    270
    I would write down/give him a list of charities that could use his help and or money. I think him being able to give to those less fortunate was something that always made him happy!
    "Taking Care Of Business In A Flash!"

  18. #18
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    52
    Jess the book that changed the course of my life was, "The Devil's Disciple", a play by George Bernard Shaw. (Picked up quite accidentally!)

    But it was not the play that made me think hard and long.
    It was the lengthy Preface to the play. Eventually after reading a small library of his books, Shaw's knowledge of the culture of the world introduced me to all the great minds of science, literature, music, art, philosophy, etc., etc.
    Shaw was very funny. He had a massive ego, with a marvellous sense of humour.

    I'm a voracious reader, and listener to music. Yet there is a mountain of excellent stuff still to explore :-) Our lives are far too short to appreciate all that this wonderful world offers.

    http://irelandtoo.blogspot.com

  19. #19
    Backstage Pass rams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    United States of America
    Posts
    148

    Thumbs up

    I get Elvis a round of Beers at some remote bar and shoot the breeze about anything & everything in a simple mans life while shooting a few pool games and laughing our butts off over nothing just like Elvis laughed in the "are you lonesome tonight" laughing version. Just can't stop laughing at nothing. Lol - lol !

    rams
    .the image is one thing and the human being is another...it's very hard to live up to an image......................

  20. #20
    TCB Mafia hounddog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    2,645
    I'd take him to Ayres Rock/Uluru and give him books on Australian Aboriginal dreamtime mythology. I think he'd like that sort of thing. I'd also take him somewhere to chill, like some of the beautiful beaches here in Australia, not stuff like Bondi, spots like Avoca and Seven Mile Beach, the non tourist spots. And i'd buy some Native American jewellery for him.
    I never looked for trouble but I never ran.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Why Can't Every Day Be Like Christmas:Elvis
    By GirlHappy19 in forum Off topic
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-03-2007, 06:39 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •