Thread: New Lisa Marie Album In March

Post New Lisa Marie Album In March

Lisa Marie Presley answered questions from her fans on her website forum. In response to questions on a second album she answered that the album was being mixed this week and should be released in March 2005.

The album...

Click for full article: Elvisnews.com
    Here you can discuss the latest Elvisnews

Heartbreak Hotel, Room 11 Albert's Avatar
    Being Elvis' daughter is no excuse for me to buy anything from her. I don't even encourage, support or praise her. I haven't read an article or seen an interview with her that gave me a positive feeling about her.

I rather buy another 'best of Elvis' CD than one of her....

The fact that I don't like her music has nothing to do with her. I simply don't like that type of music or sound.
    ‎"A year from now, you'll wish you had started today"

Follow TCB-World on Twitter for website updates and Elvisnews: http://twitter.com/tcbworldcom

Backstage Pass
    I totally agree with you on this Albert, no matter if she is his Daughter indeed

Thumbs up Great News

I know what you are saying Albert and I value your opinion on her,but I love Lisa-Marie's music and that sound. When I first heard the first single on the radio I was sure it was Sheryl Crow but like you say you have to like that sort of music in order to appreciate it.

Lisa-Maries first album was excellent with some great rock and moving songs.I am looking forward to the next album and the chance that this time she might just come here and tour.

The one thing I am so pleased she did not do on her album was any remakes of her fathers songs now that would have been nasty :( not to say she would not have done them well but I do not think it would have done her music career any favours.

I have followed Lisa-Marie's life since she was little being that there is just a year between us and I am so pleased she chose this path to take not for who she is but for her gift of voice. I am sure she will go on to bigger things and I hope she does :)

love and peace,
    Susan.
    Yesterday was the past and tomorrow is the future but today is the present ..thats why we call it the gift"

"Never listen to a liar it takes too long to find out the truth and my time is too precious"

"Without you I am only half of me"

International Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert
    Being Elvis' daughter is no excuse for me to buy anything from her. I don't even encourage, support or praise her. I haven't read an article or seen an interview with her that gave me a positive feeling about her.

I rather buy another 'best of Elvis' CD than one of her....

The fact that I don't like her music has nothing to do with her. I simply don't like that type of music or sound.
    I totally agree and what's worse is that she is being praised overall for her singing. I had my US relatives and friends record her performances (Letterman, Today Show, Leno etc. etc.) and taped her Top Of The Pops appearance myself. She did not sing ON KEY in ANY of her performances. Her performance in the UK was downright dismal as she did the ending so far off key that it was hurting my ears (the Oh yeah's at the end, the fade out on the single).
    Two friends of mine saw her "in concert". One when she was touring with Chris Isaak and another one on one of her own shows and they were sorry they went (although the one who went to Chris Isaak went for him, not for her ). They'd both bought her cd and, although they weren't too impressed with it, they both said that compared to her live "performances" the CD comes off as sublime!

Proof that talent is not necessarily hereditary

Heartbreak Hotel, Room 11 Albert's Avatar
    I respect everyone who like her music and sound. But I don't understand why a good number of Elvisfans think they have to buy it, just because she's Elvis' daughter.
    ‎"A year from now, you'll wish you had started today"

Follow TCB-World on Twitter for website updates and Elvisnews: http://twitter.com/tcbworldcom

International Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Unchained
    I think it?s great, i really like the first album and it didn?t remind me of Elvis at all.
    About she not being able to sing live. 99% of all artist sound really bad live and they constantly hitting wrong keys, so that?s nothing new guys and gals.

So i hope this studio album will be as great as the first one and i will bye it for sure.
    I don't know what artist's concerts you've visited, Unchained Certainly not the dropouts of the early "Idols" rounds?

None of the artists I have visited concerts of "constantly" hit wrong keys. Maybe one or two per concert, but Lisa is way above that average

Wink Lmfp

I think Lisa is amazing, It really suprises me that no matter how hard she trys ...(she works **** hard by the way) she just can't get away from the comparison between her and her father..she should be getting praised for the what SHE is and what SHE does..Welldone to her thats what I say!..Good on her for doing what she enjoys...performing, writing...charity work etc... we all need to findout what we want in life!

Anway..who cares who her daddys name is? ..if he was kermit the frog..hell! id still be a fan!

BESIDES her father would be very proud of her..and as Elvis fans & fans all things Elvis related i think u should be proud too!! even if u don't like her music!..shes Elvis' little girl!
    Elvis grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    the courage to change the things I can
    and the wisdom to know the difference

International Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottishthistle

I think Lisa is amazing, It really suprises me that no matter how hard she trys ...(she works **** hard by the way) she just can't get away from the comparison between her and her father..she should be getting praised for the what SHE is and what SHE does..Welldone to her thats what I say!..Good on her for doing what she enjoys...performing, writing...charity work etc... we all need to findout what we want in life!!
    Most people who judge her "singing" negatively don't compare her to her father but to any average Joe who's ever hummed or sang a tune. Could be a neighbor, a friend, a brother, sister, parent or whomever. If I'd really compare her to her dad, boy, then my description definitely would be even less enthusiastic than it is now

Anway..who cares who her daddys name is? ..if he was kermit the frog..hell! id still be a fan!

BESIDES her father would be very proud of her..and as Elvis fans & fans all things Elvis related i think u should be proud too!! even if u don't like her music!..shes Elvis' little girl!
    Of course it's a silly statement that just because one is fan of the father, one SHOULD therefore automatically be fan of the daughter, too
    Heck, most Elvis fans don't even like every single thing the man did be it in singing or acting or whatever That doesn't make one a lesser fan than those who just blindly approve everything their object of affection says or does, just a more critical one

And at 36 one hardly fits the "little girl" label anymore. She is a 36 year old, single (?) working mom of two teenage kids. Elvis died when he was only 6 years older, yet when he was 36 nobody called him Vern and Gladys' little boy anymore..... (Well, maybe Dodger did )

Talking

Firstly cherokee

I would never compare her to her father there is no way on earth I would do that..nobody sings like him..no one on earth EVER will & she sounds nothing like him..her style is totally different.

Secondly as I said I would be a fan of Lisa WHO EVER her father was..I dug her music..when I first heard her first single on the radio...hell I didn't even know at that time that it was Elvis' daughter at first I just liked her sound and her lyrics.

Anyway don't mean to be rude but my dad still calls me his lil' girl even though im 20 now... i'll always be little to him i guess.

Thank you cherokee also for calling some of my words "silly"..but do you know what I find "silly"? people analysing me word for word picking quotes out.

Anyway peace folks..

Glad we have some people here who like another kind style of music which im into

International Level
    Firstly cherokee

I would never compare her to her father there is no way on earth I would do that..nobody sings like him..no one on earth EVER will & she sounds nothing like him..her style is totally different.
    Your first post on this thread seemed to imply that anyone who criticizes LMP does so because they automatically compare her with her dad. I don't. They're, musically speaking, not even in the same species She is lightyears removed from him, talent wise. I was purely judging her on all that I have seen and heard of her, which was average at best.

Secondly as I said I would be a fan of Lisa WHO EVER her father was..I dug her music..when I first heard her first single on the radio...hell I didn't even know at that time that it was Elvis' daughter at first I just liked her sound and her lyrics.
    I am not and wouldn't be a fan of hers, regardless of her lineage. So we do agree on the background issue.

Anyway don't mean to be rude but my dad still calls me his lil' girl even though im 20 now... i'll always be little to him i guess.

Thank you cherokee also for calling some of my words "silly"..but do you know what I find "silly"? people analysing me word for word picking quotes out.

Anyway peace folks..

Glad we have some people here who like another kind style of music which im into
    Well, good for you, little girl

Cherokee (some "other people")
    Last edited by Cherokee; 10-20-2004 at 01:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherokee
    Well, good for you, little girl

Cherokee (some "other people")
    Glad u find my posts amusing cherokee.

International Level ComeBackChick's Avatar
    I will definitely get her next album (also)! I like her style and attitude!!