Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 53

Thread: Larry Gellar

  1. #1
    Roustabouts KaDe381's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    15

    Larry Gellar

    I read the book he wrote that he claims that Elvis wanted him to write and he took alot from *notes* Elvis wrote. what is your opinion of Larry? do you believe the things he claims to have happened? most of the guys in the inner circle could not stand him and said most he wrote was lies.but the book was very powerful. just wondering what your guys opinions on him. thanks

  2. #2
    TCB Mafia
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,495
    There appeared to be a lot of jealousy for Elvis' time. Larry was a confidante, and was with Elvis at the end, they weren't.

    I like Larry, a lot, and have always wanted to talk with him.

  3. #3

    .

    Put simply, Larry Geller is full of crap.

    He always neglects to mention the fact that he never saw Elvis for years before returning for a few months at the end (only because Sonny et al were no longer around).

    He did more harm to Elvis than good.

    Ninety-nine per cent of people who knew Elvis claim Geller's full of it. Those odds are good enough for me.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

  4. #4
    Roustabouts KaDe381's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    15
    Yeah he said in the book he was with him for many years then left and came back shortly before he passed away.

  5. #5
    TCB Mafia
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,495
    Quote Originally Posted by KaDe381 View Post
    Yeah he said in the book he was with him for many years then left and came back shortly before he passed away.

    Thank you for saying, so.

    One thing that strikes me about Larry, and Charlie was the same.

    They philosophically talk about their history, about other people's negativity, and they place them where they should be.

    The people who say the nasty things, are the ones with the problem.

    Very, very, nice men.

    Kimmi

  6. #6
    TCB Mafia epmoodyblue's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,086
    ..sorry but 4 me .. Larry Geller is full of balony..blah]
    MY ELVIS WEBSITE
    http://www.tcb-world.com/images/signaturepics/sigpic4801_25.gif[
    ]Elvis i WILL REMEMBER YOU..FOR YOU SING IN MY HEART..AND LIVE IN MY SOUL
    my Selena Website

  7. #7
    TCB Mafia
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,039
    Quote Originally Posted by KaDe381 View Post
    I read the book he wrote that he claims that Elvis wanted him to write and he took alot from *notes* Elvis wrote. what is your opinion of Larry? do you believe the things he claims to have happened? most of the guys in the inner circle could not stand him and said most he wrote was lies.but the book was very powerful. just wondering what your guys opinions on him. thanks
    Just another "hanger on" with an inflated view of his actual relationship with Elvis.

  8. #8
    TCB Mafia hounddog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    2,645
    I read this book a while back now and i can't really remember feeling anything bad about it. I think Larry provided something for Elvis that none of the other guys seemed to and that was someone who was interested in esoteric topics.
    I never looked for trouble but I never ran.

  9. #9
    TCB Mafia epmoodyblue's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,086
    Quote Originally Posted by rocknroll View Post
    Just another "hanger on" with an inflated view of his actual relationship with Elvis.
    perfect description of larry..thnx....tottaly agree with u .thats why i hate him...for u larry..
    MY ELVIS WEBSITE
    http://www.tcb-world.com/images/signaturepics/sigpic4801_25.gif[
    ]Elvis i WILL REMEMBER YOU..FOR YOU SING IN MY HEART..AND LIVE IN MY SOUL
    my Selena Website

  10. #10
    TCB Mafia Teddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Your Heart
    Posts
    3,531
    I couldn't hate him. He's way too entertaining to hate

    "I wanted to be the last person to touch Elvis...... and I was".
    Classic stuff
    'Taking Care of Beaulieu'.

  11. #11
    TCB Mafia epmoodyblue's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,086
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    I couldn't hate him. He's way too entertaining to hate

    "I wanted to be the last person to touch Elvis...... and I was".
    Classic stuff
    last person to touch up elvis..u call that classic stuff.....hes a loser.hes pathetic.blah
    MY ELVIS WEBSITE
    http://www.tcb-world.com/images/signaturepics/sigpic4801_25.gif[
    ]Elvis i WILL REMEMBER YOU..FOR YOU SING IN MY HEART..AND LIVE IN MY SOUL
    my Selena Website

  12. #12
    TCB Mafia Teddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Your Heart
    Posts
    3,531
    Quote Originally Posted by epmoodyblue View Post
    last person to touch up elvis..u call that classic stuff.....hes a loser.hes pathetic.blah
    Not touch him up!
    'Taking Care of Beaulieu'.

  13. #13
    TCB Mafia epmoodyblue's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,086
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Not touch him up!
    ur confusing me
    MY ELVIS WEBSITE
    http://www.tcb-world.com/images/signaturepics/sigpic4801_25.gif[
    ]Elvis i WILL REMEMBER YOU..FOR YOU SING IN MY HEART..AND LIVE IN MY SOUL
    my Selena Website

  14. #14
    TCB Mafia Teddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Your Heart
    Posts
    3,531
    I guess he had just finished 'touching up' Elvis's hair at the time- I'm sure that's what you meant!
    'Taking Care of Beaulieu'.

  15. #15
    TCB Mafia epmoodyblue's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,086
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    I guess he had just finished 'touching up' Elvis's hair at the time- I'm sure that's what you meant!
    yeah thats what i meant.he touched up elvis sideburns a little..something like that,he touched up some white spots(elvis hair)..still he will always get one of these from me..
    i wouldint feel proud to have touched up somr of elvis hair..at a fumeral jome..blah..i would have preferred fixing his hair when he was alive.
    MY ELVIS WEBSITE
    http://www.tcb-world.com/images/signaturepics/sigpic4801_25.gif[
    ]Elvis i WILL REMEMBER YOU..FOR YOU SING IN MY HEART..AND LIVE IN MY SOUL
    my Selena Website

  16. #16
    Angel utmom2008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    10,021
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Not touch him up!

  17. #17
    Cadillac King
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    272
    I like Larry Geller. I'd like to talk to him too. We share some common beliefs and I'd love to know what Elvis might have thought about different things. Sometimes I think people don't like him because they disapprove of his spiritual beliefs. I certainly don't remember him saying anything bad about Elvis or doing anything to harm his memory. So he wanted to be the last one to touch Elvis, so what. As far as saying he did more harm to Elvis than good, I don't understand how you can say that. What did he do? He intoduced him to a different way of thinking and gave him something new to focus on, something new to stimulate his thinking and pull him out of the rut he was in.

    Of course the guys don't like him. They don't like anyone who might have come in the way of them and Elvis. Is his view of his relationship with Elvis inflated? You could say that about the guys too. If you listen to them, Elvis would be nothing without them and their expert advice.

    I'm just wondering how many of you that are so critical of Larry Geller are standing in the line to shake Red and Sonny's hand.

  18. #18
    Angel utmom2008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    10,021
    Quote Originally Posted by CRITTERGITTER View Post
    I'm just wondering how many of you that are so critical of Larry Geller are standing in the line to shake Red and Sonny's hand.
    Not me!!!!

  19. #19
    TCB Mafia epmoodyblue's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,086
    Quote Originally Posted by CRITTERGITTER View Post
    I like Larry Geller.

    I'm just wondering how many of you that are so critical of Larry Geller are standing in the line to shake Red and Sonny's hand.
    red-sonny..u forgot marty lacker..would u shake his hand..i wouldint to none of those peeps u mentioned..not even if they paid me..i would prefer throwing my shoes at them..like the dude in irak who threw his shoes at george bush-
    Last edited by epmoodyblue; 12-17-2008 at 01:40 PM.
    MY ELVIS WEBSITE
    http://www.tcb-world.com/images/signaturepics/sigpic4801_25.gif[
    ]Elvis i WILL REMEMBER YOU..FOR YOU SING IN MY HEART..AND LIVE IN MY SOUL
    my Selena Website

  20. #20
    Resident SP! Tony Trout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Brasstown/Murphy, North Carolina (USA)
    Posts
    2,941
    Quote Originally Posted by Getlo View Post
    Put simply, Larry Geller is full of crap.

    He always neglects to mention the fact that he never saw Elvis for years before returning for a few months at the end (only because Sonny et al were no longer around).

    He did more harm to Elvis than good.

    Ninety-nine per cent of people who knew Elvis claim Geller's full of it. Those odds are good enough for me.

    100% spot on again, Getlo. Plus, Geller is just creepy, IMO!




    Quote Originally Posted by CRITTERGITTER View Post

    I'm just wondering how many of you that are so critical of Larry Geller are standing in the line to shake Red and Sonny's hand.


    *goes to find line to stand in*


    At least Red and Sonny confronted Elvis about the drugs - something Geller never even attempted during the entire time he was with him.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Who Is Larry Blong???
    By The King's Queen in forum Elvis Presley
    Replies: 129
    Last Post: 05-02-2011, 01:44 PM
  2. Interview with Larry Gellar
    By Merry in forum Off topic
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 12-19-2008, 05:33 PM
  3. Larry
    By joanne in forum Elvis Presley
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-07-2006, 06:36 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •