Thread: Paul Lichter Books

Paul Lichter Books

If a person were to buy a book by Paul Lichter,what would be the best choice? I have the book 'The Boy Who Dared To Rock'.I would really like to get my hands on 'Rebel Heart' by Paul Lichter.Are any other books by Mr.Lichter worth buying?
    The One and Only King of Rock'n'Roll.

Backstage Pass
    Personally I do not have any Paul Lichter books. I tried for some time to get my hands on "EP in concert" but the price was definetely prohibitive. No matter how good a book is, I'm not prepared to spend hundreds of dollars for a second hand book. If it is fairly priced yes, but at such inflated prices (at ebay etc)... I'm not saying this about Paul Lichter books, but many authors release a book in limited edition at a high price. When becoming out of print, the price soars to incredible heights. Any why should I ask? Are the content worth it?

There are many EP books still in stock which tell the EP story in a relatively objective way IMO. As for pictures, I think that whoever was interested in publishing pictures for profit, had 30 years plus to do so and has done so.

Everyone who spent more than 30 seconds in the vicinity of Elvis wants to write a book and tell us how generous the man was, how friends they were, hoe Elvis couldn't live without their presence, and all that same old irrelevant stuff.

So, IMO as regards books, the only one you should spend quite some money on, is "The concert years" by Stein Skar (for text and great pictures). As regards bio - 2 books do it for me, 'Last Train to Memphis' and Careless love' both by Peter Guralnick (The author has no interest to show EP in good or bad light, he is IMO very objective)
    Last edited by medleyofcostumes; 12-13-2008 at 09:59 PM. Reason: misprint

Quote Originally Posted by shelley.m. View Post
    If a person were to buy a book by Paul Lichter,what would be the best choice? I have the book 'The Boy Who Dared To Rock'.I would really like to get my hands on 'Rebel Heart' by Paul Lichter.Are any other books by Mr.Lichter worth buying?
    the Boy Who Dared to rock was the first ever Elvis book I bought, way way back when it first came out

I think I was 12

I liked his more recent Elvis Candids, no text, just all fan pictures

my recommends for biography books:

Elvis and Gladys by Elaine Dundee

Mystery Train / Careless Memory as mentioned already

Death of Elvis - by Thomas Cole

and anything that's all pictures

absolutely avoid anything by any of the Stanley family or anyone claiming to be a secret lover or love child

Backstage Pass
    which one was the one with the long fringe suit pics?

Thank you Very Much is the book with the long Fringe suit pics in it. I paid $36 US dollars for it and i believe it was worth every cent. If you can get your hands on it i don't think you'll be disappopinted.

you can get it from here http://www.elvisunique.com/

but i picked mine up on Ebay
    I never looked for trouble but I never ran.

i have one of pauls books --boy who dared to rock ..got it..its a good book...despite many negative things some peeps have said about him....like hes a rip off mean etc...as 4 me hes okay in my books....hes very friendly .2 years ago..i ordered from him a double vcd..elvis on tour...i emailed hime for the order he quickly replied..i got the order real quick..he went to post office himself he signed his name is on the customs sticker on package i recieved...he even complimented me on my little elvis websiteClick image for larger version. 

Name:	capture2p.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	169.7 KB 
ID:	28422 i have..hes a good person..,,,,dont always believe what u hear about him.
    Last edited by epmoodyblue; 12-17-2008 at 02:30 PM.
    MY ELVIS WEBSITE
    http://www.tcb-world.com/images/signaturepics/sigpic4801_25.gif[
    ]Elvis i WILL REMEMBER YOU..FOR YOU SING IN MY HEART..AND LIVE IN MY SOUL
    my Selena Website

Cadillac King
    I know Paul for many years and he came in Montreal with the red burning love suit for a convention and he was here on a local tv show. I have all of his books, but if you want a book go for the picture book call ``elvis memories-a love story.
    bogarcon

Quote Originally Posted by bogarcon View Post
    I know Paul for many years and he came in Montreal with the red burning love suit for a convention and he was here on a local tv show. I have all of his books, but if you want a book go for the picture book call ``elvis memories-a love story.
    bogarcon
    what are u saying..montreal? when did he visit montreal?..and i missed it.oh nooooooooooooooooooooo i missed the convention.. and i missed a chance to see the burning love jumper..im a foolwell how was i to know he would come here
    MY ELVIS WEBSITE
    http://www.tcb-world.com/images/signaturepics/sigpic4801_25.gif[
    ]Elvis i WILL REMEMBER YOU..FOR YOU SING IN MY HEART..AND LIVE IN MY SOUL
    my Selena Website

Paul Lichter does have a web-site.It's ElvisUnique.com you can buy Elvis items off of it as well.

Southeastern Portion of These Here United States
    Lichter has some very fine stuff, but the majority of it is way overpriced imo.

I do have his book E.P. In Concert, and it has some very good images and interesting info, although a good many of them have been seen around the net for years.
    "Don't tamper with the property of the U.S. Male"

Cadillac King
    Quote Originally Posted by epmoodyblue View Post
    what are u saying..montreal? when did he visit montreal?..and i missed it.oh nooooooooooooooooooooo i missed the convention.. and i missed a chance to see the burning love jumper..im a foolwell how was i to know he would come here
    he came in 1985 the same day that Joan Deary came for her first visit to our convention. Paul was at the CFCF (CTV Netrwork) morning show with the suit and his book memories a lover story.
    The last time I talk to him and saw him it was in 2006 in Memphis. I didn't have the chance and the time to see him last year and I'm not sure but somebody told me that he wasn't in Memphis.
    Bogarcon

Quote Originally Posted by Big Boss Man View Post
    Lichter has some very fine stuff, but the majority of it is way overpriced imo.

I do have his book E.P. In Concert, and it has some very good images and interesting info, although a good many of them have been seen around the net for years.
    Overpriced is right,Steve.I had a look at some of his stuff last nite.He wants big bucks for some of his magazines.I'll just keep doing the ebay thing.

Does anyone have the book 'Rebel Heart' by Paul Lichter? I would like to know,if it's worth buying?