Thread: Picture Question

Backstage Pass

Picture Question

I have a question about the pictures that were used for the Double LP "Elvis in Concert", I know the pics on the inside are from 1974.
    What I want and need to know is what year the front and back pictures are coming from????????

Front could be 75 or 76, and about the back I am not sure either, it seems like a 1972 jumpsuit to me, but Elvis looks diffrent on that picture than 1972.

Can anybody please help me to the info about that 2 pictures??????????

Hans

Backstage Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by howardrobardhughes
    The fron is a retouched photo from December 31st 1977 (New Years Eve)Pittsburgh concert...
    Thanks for this info, but please make the year 1976
    And I think Elvis looks great on that picture.

kennyelvis
    The front is june/july 1975, and the back is 1972.
    This is taken at the same show.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 35.jpg  
    Last edited by kennyelvis; 10-19-2004 at 08:01 AM.

Agree with Kenny on all points.

------------------

Front cover - 1975.

Back cover - 1972.

Inner shots - 1974.

-------------------

Never could figure out why they never used photos from the actual venues for the original vinyl releases (eg: MSG, Aloha, etc.).

EIC, however, has always been a favorite of mine in terms of artwork.

- Capt. "EL."

The photo on the front cover is from Jackson, Mississippi, June 9, 1975.

The inner photos are from Baton Rouge, Louisiana, June 17, 1974.

The back cover photo was probably taken in Chicago, Illinois, June 17, 1972.

Backstage Pass
    Thanks for the info everybody, thanks for your help.
    But I keep saying, all pictures on that album are awesome.

Heartbreak Hotel, Room 11 Albert's Avatar
    I disagree....

It seems like RCA had the monopoly on selecting the wrong pictures out of amazing sets of pictures. we KNOW that there are tons of amazing pictures from almost every tour.

So the selection of pictures could have been much better. The frontpicture with a badly shaved Elvis isn't the most beautiful picture that I know. And since this was a LP-set released shortly after Elvis' death, RCA should have done a little better selecting the pictures in my opinion.

Just look at the string of official RCA LP's throughout the 70s: Elvis Now! (with the overcoloured picture), Promised Land (with the accent on Elvis' belly), Today (yikes) and Raised On Rock. All using pictures from tours or periods where many much better pictures were available.
    ‎"A year from now, you'll wish you had started today"

Follow TCB-World on Twitter for website updates and Elvisnews: http://twitter.com/tcbworldcom

Backstage Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert
    I disagree....

It seems like RCA had the monopoly on selecting the wrong pictures out of amazing sets of pictures. we KNOW that there are tons of amazing pictures from almost every tour.

So the selection of pictures could have been much better. The frontpicture with a badly shaved Elvis isn't the most beautiful picture that I know. And since this was a LP-set released shortly after Elvis' death, RCA should have done a little better selecting the pictures in my opinion.

Just look at the string of official RCA LP's throughout the 70s: Elvis Now! (with the overcoloured picture), Promised Land (with the accent on Elvis' belly), Today (yikes) and Raised On Rock. All using pictures from tours or periods where many much better pictures were available.
    OK Albert, offcourse everybody has his own chooice about pictures, but I tell you, the cover for that album could be a lot worse. I think it's one of the best covers since 1970.
    Like you say about Elvis Now and the other albums, there are much better pictures available. But lookin at the rest of the 70's releases Elvis in Concert has a pretty good cover compaired to the other ones.