Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Elvis Presley An insiders story

Elvis Presley An insiders story

OK folks...I just found this on youtube and I will put the video in the off topic section....What I saw was absolutely the biggest bunch of bull shite I have ever seen...In this "gem" (and I'm going to say this and I mean no disrespect) some "Jesus freaks" (and when u watch it you will know why I said this) basically makes E out to be a "Satan worshiper" they say he was possessed by the Devil so on and so foruth...

It really chapped my *** man. I am Pentecostal like E was and I know what "Jesus freaks" are like...But this takes the cake...Sonny and Red are in on it as well and I had "some" respect for them until now...I had never got the chance to read E What Happened, but now I wouldn't pi$$ on these guys if they were on fire to put them out

Ok again if I offend anyone I am sorry. And I forgot to say this video says he tryed to kill himself!!!!! ***
    Last edited by dstrattenfan; 12-01-2008 at 04:13 AM.
    Son if you ever say another derogatory word about Elvis Aaron Presley I WILL KICK THE LIVING CRAP OUT OF YOU!~

Quote Originally Posted by dstrattenfan View Post
    .Sonny and Red are in on it as well and I had "some" respect for them until now...I had never got the chance to read E What Happened, but now I wouldn't pi$$ on these guys if they were on fire to put them out
    You are mistaken.

The footage of the MM was lifted illegally for this video.

They had nothing - repeat NOTHING! - whatsoever to do with this video, nor do they have anything to do with this group.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

Quote Originally Posted by Getlo View Post
    You are mistaken.

The footage of the MM was lifted illegally for this video.

They had nothing - repeat NOTHING! - whatsoever to do with this video, nor do they have anything to do with this group.
    Even though it was illegally lifted or not involved in that group they still said what they said and they should be ashamed of themselves. They did not do that book to "snap Elvis out of it" they did it to hurt him and the only way they knew how to get him was to try and turn his fans against him. They kicked him when he was down and they know that!
    Son if you ever say another derogatory word about Elvis Aaron Presley I WILL KICK THE LIVING CRAP OUT OF YOU!~

Even though it was illegally lifted or not involved in that group they still said what they said and they should be ashamed of themselves. They did not do that book to "snap Elvis out of it" they did it to hurt him and the only way they knew how to get him was to try and turn his fans against him. They kicked him when he was down and they know that!
    Look, you're obviously very young.

You haven't even read What Happened, by your own admission. Until then, you cannot offer an objective opinion on the matter.

And, as has been discussed hundreds of times here, Elvis screwed the boys over by getting his dad to fire them, and couldn't even find the decency to speak to them in person. It goes both ways.

the only way they knew how to get him was to try and turn his fans against him.
    Do you seriously believe that any fan who read it turned away from Elvis?! The book, while sensationalised, is the truth about what happened to Elvis in his final years. Sad, but true.

You're new here, so do a search on the book and read the endless threads on this subject. The arguments have been done to death elsewhere and there's no need to get into it again here.

It is a waste of your time harbouring hatred for men you don't even know nor ones you haven't met. And you were not involved in the falling out, so it makes the anger even more displaced.

Finally - and most thinking fans will tell you this - Elvis would have been the first one to forgive them and invite them back into the fold had he lived.

If you're one of those fans who thinks Elvis was perfect and wants to live your life as per his traits, then think about that.

Forgive them for their alleged betrayal.

Elvis would have wanted it that way.
    Last edited by Getlo; 12-01-2008 at 06:10 AM.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

SleepyJack
    Religious groups and socially-minded DJs,politicians....they have all enjoyed a spot of Presley-bashing right from day one....record burning,pulpit bashing,public condemnation...Elvis kept them pretty riled-up and busy all through the `50s...the world might not have changed at all back then without their righteous indignation.......As for the Red and Sonny stuff...I...feel...a....big...yaaaaaaawn....coming on!.....

Look, you're obviously very young.

You haven't even read What Happened, by your own admission. Until then, you cannot offer an objective opinion on the matter.

And, as has been discussed hundreds of times here, Elvis screwed the boys over by getting his dad to fire them, and couldn't even find the decency to speak to them in person. It goes both ways.

Do you seriously believe that any fan who read it turned away from Elvis?! The book, while sensationalised, is the truth about what happened to Elvis in his final years. Sad, but true.

You're new here, so do a search on the book and read the endless threads on this subject. The arguments have been done to death elsewhere and there's no need to get into it again here.

It is a waste of your time harbouring hatred for men you don't even know nor ones you haven't met. And you were not involved in the falling out, so it makes the anger even more displaced.

Finally - and most thinking fans will tell you this - Elvis would have been the first one to forgive them and invite them back into the fold had he lived.

If you're one of those fans who thinks Elvis was perfect and wants to live your life as per his traits, then think about that.

Forgive them for their alleged betrayal.

Elvis would have wanted it that way.
    Ok first off what does my age have to do with anything? Second, sorry to bring up a subject that makes people yaaaawn so I will say what I have to say and i will leave it alone.

I started this thread to talk about the video I posted NOT THE BOOK...I just stated that because of the behavior I saw from Sonny and Red that I would not read it. Just because I have not read it doesn't mean that I can't have an opinion! The last time The last time I checked, everyone has a right to share there opinion "objective" or not. Assuming that my age has something to do with my feeling on this subject isn't exactly objective either. Not all young people are the same. That doesn't mean I should be taken less seriously than others.

No I DO NOT think Elvis was a saint. I believe they wrote this book to TRY and turn his fans against him. They tried hurt him the only way they knew how, by exposing his private life to his fans

Yes it was wrong for E to do what he did to them, but they (sonny & Red) were mistreating fans. And E was the subject of lawsuits because of there behavior. I never said I hated them...I think what they did was bs.....

Yes E would have forgiven them and let them back in the circle. Wouldn't that act of forgiveness prove that he was not the monster they claim he was..

SleepyJack
    Sorry if I upset you with my "Yaaawn" comment....never meant it as anything against what you posted....only to say how I feel about hearing anymore about "Elvis-What happened"....it has been running around inside my head since I became an Elvis fan...quite a long time.... and it has been discussed to death.Again sorry if it seemed like I was yawning at you....didn`t mean it that way,and I`m sorry if it came across like that.

Quote Originally Posted by SleepyJack View Post
    Sorry if I upset you with my "Yaaawn" comment....never meant it as anything against what you posted....only to say how I feel about hearing anymore about "Elvis-What happened"....it has been running around inside my head since I became an Elvis fan...quite a long time.... and it has been discussed to death.Again sorry if it seemed like I was yawning at you....didn`t mean it that way,and I`m sorry if it came across like that.
    You shouldn't apologize because that is ur opinion,and I respect that.

Yes it is true I am new here..U have been here a lot longer than me so I understand the book topic is like beating a dead horse. But honestly I posted the video because I couldn't believe the things those people were saying. That Elvis was possessed, and full of the devil and that he tried to kill himself. And I didn't know if any of u have seen it or not..I just though I would try to contribute something that someone may not have seen.

I only mentioned the book because that footage was from press conference they held when they released the book.

SleepyJack
    Okay....once we`re "cool"!

There must be a jillion of those threads, or it sure seems like it. They never end nicely either...someone gets banned and then the thread gets closed.

What would the difference be if I were to post a replay on one of the old threads? It is the same as bringing on a new thread.

My intention was not to start a fight. I simply wanted to learn. And I don't know how to learn other than asking questions. Or to look at others opinions and have a conversation. Everyone contributes something to the thread, I may disagree, but i certainly do not say they have no right to give an opinion or there opinion is less worthy than another's.

I did go and read some of the old threads and it made me more curious that is how I found that video on youtube. I watched the press conference. At this time I do not have the financial means to buy the book..It simply costs to much!

But again I started it about the video and not the book

You have every right to ask questions...it's how we all learn. Okay so we're tired of the EWH thread but we should still all be willing to answer what we can to a new member. It's a bad video I agree but so many of them are spliced and taken out of context. It made me mad too.

Diane

Loving elvis
    agreed diane

How are people supposed to learn if they don't ask questions. yes we may be getting fed up with certain threads but we still should share how we feel about things and have respect even though some like to think different.

Just because I have not read it doesn't mean that I can't have an opinion!
    And that says it all, really.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post
    There must be a jillion of those threads, or it sure seems like it. They never end nicely either...someone gets banned and then the thread gets closed.
    Yes these type threads seem to bring out the full moon and the wolfman in everyone. It is hard to discuss somethings over and over again-even if you feel strongly about it.

Loving elvis
    Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    Yes these type threads seem to bring out the full moon and the wolfman in everyone. It is hard to discuss somethings over and over again-even if you feel strongly about it.
    reminds of a song by CCR.

I see the bad moon arising.
    I see trouble on the way.

[YT]ZeZm7KQJT1o[/YT]

Lol Jen, yup, that song fits. I like that song.

Diane

I have voiced my opinion and this has gone on enough. Out of respect for the forum and the wonderful members I will not discuss EWH again! I enjoy my time here and love to discuss Elvis.

To Getlo if u can not reply to my posts in an non-aggressive or argumentative manner than please do not replay to my posts at all....I think that would be best for everyone. I respect everyones opinion and in turn I expect respect to be shown to me.

dstrattenfan has left the thread

To Getlo if u can not reply to my posts in an non-aggressive or argumentative manner
    You cannot point to any thread here where I have been aggressive.

As for argumentative, it is called healthy debate. If I was actually arguing with you, you'd soon know it.

Read the book before commenting on the MM or their motivations.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

TCB Mafia

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast