Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Winter 1974

International Level elvispresleytheking's Avatar

Winter 1974

So, on January 26, 1974, Elvis began another Vegas engagement, one that lasted two weeks. From what I have heard, Elvis was looking better than he had in years, and the concerts featured newfound energy, as well as the revival of some songs that had been forgotten in 1973. What I am wondering is why there are so few pictures from this time frame, yet so many from the summer engagement later in the year? I mean, with the Elvis concerts we have video of, the camera bulbs are flashing nonstop. So, does anyone know where these pictures have gone? Any info is appreciated, thanks.

I know this was only two weeks, but still. If we have soundboard we should have pix.

Roustabouts
    if you go to the gallery under 1974 und type january into the search this category function you get a couple of pictures. if the there given date is correct i would not necessarily say that he looks that good...

With Elvis On Tour!!! Jungleroom76's Avatar
    The main reason that we don't have good pictures from this (and several other) Vegas engagements is because of the strict NO CAMERAS policy that the International/Hilton Hotel had in place.

As for the previous Vegas engagment in August/September '73, there was a book that came out in 2002 entitled CAUGHT IN A TRAP which chronicled this Vegas engagement and included lots of photos from this '73 engagement. In the front of the book, the photographer tells readers exactly how he was able to get so many photos during these shows without getting caught...which included taking his camera apart and reassembling it inside the showroom!!!

Anyway, hopefully this will help answer your question for you!!

TCB!
    Mike

TCB-World...OPEN for business!!!

Thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by Jungleroom76 View Post

As for the previous Vegas engagment in August/September '73, there was a book that came out in 2002 entitled CAUGHT IN A TRAP which chronicled this Vegas engagement and included lots of photos from this '73 engagement. In the front of the book, the photographer tells readers exactly how he was able to get so many photos during these shows without getting caught...which included taking his camera apart and reassembling it inside the showroom!!!

TCB!
    Mike
    Mikey....do you know if this book is still available, or where I might go to find it? Anyone remember who the author was? I would love to find this book.

Disregard my questions from above...I just found it on Ebay!

Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar
    This improvement did not start for Elvis that Jan of 1974 but after his Detox at BMH in October-November 1973 Circa. Look at what great tracks he produced during the December Sessions at Stax Studios. And it carried well into 1974 with that kick butt tour of March of 1974 and on...
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post
    Mikey....do you know if this book is still available, or where I might go to find it? Anyone remember who the author was? I would love to find this book.
    "Caught in a Trap" sure is a great book!...here are some pics from the book to give you some idea of just how good it is.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Picture 303.jpg   Picture 299.jpg   Picture 300.jpg  

Picture 301.jpg   Picture 302.jpg  

If there are any books that I "may" have in my collection that you would like to see inside or get more info on let me know if I can help.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Picture 288.jpg   Picture 292.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by vegas 74 View Post
    If there are any books that I "may" have in my collection that you would like to see inside or get more info on let me know if I can help.
    Now THAT is an Elvis room!!!

TCB!
    Mike

Glad you found it Rosanne!!!

TCB!
    Mike

Shreveport, Louisiana--Home of the Louisiana Hayride, James Burton and D.J. Fontana!!
    WOW!!! That's quite a collection

ELVIS ALWAYS

International Level moody-blues67's Avatar
    I would like to see some pages of the inside of Elvis Behind the image vol 1&2 please

Loving elvis
    wow you have a great collection there in your room.

Thank you...I just might do that!

Quote Originally Posted by Jungleroom76 View Post
    Glad you found it Rosanne!!!

TCB!
    Mike
    I found it on Ebay and it had a Buy It Now price, so that's just what I did!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

An early Christmas present for yourself!!!

Enjoy your book!!

TCB!
    Mike

In an island in the North Atlantic called Newfoundland , Canada
    Wow...your collection is amazing!! I would spend hours in there.

In an island in the North Atlantic called Newfoundland , Canada
    Thank you...I just might do that!

Rosanne I have never bought anything on Ebay! I will have to give it a try. They have great Elvis things on there.
    The book you just ordered....do it have any photos from the concerts you attended? Do you think anyone ever snapped a photo of your scarf and kiss? That would be amazing! Sorry everyone I know I am off topic!

Quote Originally Posted by moody-blues67 View Post
    I would like to see some pages of the inside of Elvis Behind the image vol 1&2 please
    Behind the Image books are pretty much both the same, they are great "candid" photo books. What I like about them is all the pics are not so much as "new" to most fans "but most of the time a single Elvis photo "shoots" are split-up scatterd all around web sites but here at least they are all together page after page. and in some cases a great write up on how some of the photo,s came about.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Picture 305.jpg   Picture 293.jpg   Picture 307.jpg  

Picture 306.jpg   Picture 308.jpg   Picture 309.jpg  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast