Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: November, 1972 Aloha Press Conference

Quote Originally Posted by ehollier View Post
    This was mentioned in Peter Guralnick's book -- it isn't something that someone made up to humor you.

Quote Originally Posted by rocknroll View Post
    I'm high right now.

I don't think that Tony belongs to any 'MM club' or anything of the sort. However, those of us who are smart, are charged with reading and deciding for ourselves what we choose to believe or not believe. Whether you like to admit it or not, the MM and a few select others are all we have to tell of Elvis and what happened while he was alive. If you were smart, you wouldn't base all of what you have read about the MM and Elvis on a few remarks by moon7323, otherwise known as Marty Lacker. If you choose to not to believe anything by the MM, then that is your choice, but please do not come on the MB and start spewing that everything they say are lies and cannot be believed. You choose not to believe. Great! Move on to another topic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elvislives72 View Post
    I see you belong to the I love the Memphis Mafia club because you're naive if you think they still care about Elvis. I have been to the Memphis CA to read it and he is constantly on there arguing with people for not agreeing with him and has even bashed Elvis on there as if he wasn't as important as otehr singers. His name was moon7323 or something like that.

Oh and he takes all the credit for Elvis' 69 sessions ever happening too as if Elvis had nothing to do with it. I bet you didn't know that did you?
    JEEEZZZZZZZ!!!!!! Why do you have to turn EVERYTHING in to a personal argument? People are going to disagree with you on different things...it's called "life." Not everything is a personal vendetta against you.

I see you belong to the I love the Memphis Mafia club because you're naive if you think they still care about Elvis. I have been to the Memphis CA to read it and he is constantly on there arguing with people for not agreeing with him and has even bashed Elvis on there as if he wasn't as important as otehr singers. His name was moon7323 or something like that.
    The man you speak of is Marty Lacker.

Oh and he takes all the credit for Elvis' 69 sessions ever happening too as if Elvis had nothing to do with it. I bet you didn't know that did you?

Elvis did, in fact, ask him to set up the sessions at American Sound studio in 1969.

I don't think that Tony belongs to any 'MM club' or anything of the sort. However, those of us who are smart, are charged with reading and deciding for ourselves what we choose to believe or not believe. Whether you like to admit it or not, the MM and a few select others are all we have to tell of Elvis and what happened while he was alive. If you were smart, you wouldn't base all of what you have read about the MM and Elvis on a few remarks by moon7323, otherwise known as Marty Lacker. If you choose to not to believe anything by the MM, then that is your choice, but please do not come on the MB and start spewing that everything they say are lies and cannot be believed. You choose not to believe. Great! Move on to another topic.

Thank you, Elizabeth!
    Last edited by Tony Trout; 11-17-2008 at 12:14 PM.

Loving elvis
    here is a clip l came accoss

[YT]OT3q7gclLz8&feature=related[/YT]

[QUOTE=Tony Trout;262152]The man you speak of is Marty Lacker.

Elvis did, in fact, ask him to set up the sessions at American Sound studio in 1969.

QUOTE]

I know that Elvis had Lacker to set up the 69 American Sound Sessions. But from his take on it he thinks he is the brains behind the success.

Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post
    JEEEZZZZZZZ!!!!!! Why do you have to turn EVERYTHING in to a personal argument? People are going to disagree with you on different things...it's called "life." Not everything is a personal vendetta against you.
    I'm not turning anything into a personal vendetta. All I was saying is for people not to believe everything they read or hear without knowing the facts and to stop being so naive.

I know that Elvis had Lacker to set up the 69 American Sound Sessions. But from his take on it he thinks he is the brains behind the success.

Marty said that simply because he had a stake in American Sound studios at the time - as well as Pepper records and Stax, if I remember correctly.

He wasn't referring to Elvis's sessions in general - he was referring to the music created by the Memphis studio band as a whole with Elvis and other artists.

Cadillac King
    I think this is Elvis' true personality. Like someone said, it was like he left ELVIS home and brought himself. Everyone always says how shy and sweet he was. Here he is acting shy and sweet and everyone has to find some "reason" for it.

Besides, I think he looks too **** hot for words in that interview.

TCB Mafia
    Quote Originally Posted by CRITTERGITTER View Post

ROFL!!

What a great way to say "Good morning" to those of us in the Southern Hemisphere, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    ROFL!!

What a great way to say "Good morning" to those of us in the Southern Hemisphere, lol.
    Elvis being too d*mn hot for words is funny to you, Kim??? I never thought to laugh.....I was too busy drooling............
    "More people today should see him not simply as a performer, but as an artist with a great soul."

John Bakke, professor emeritus
    University of Memphis

Back to topic of this thread. I don't find Elvis to be high or stone at all. In fact I agree with the person who said that Elvis left ELVIS the entertianer at home and brought the human. Remember it was Elvis who said "an image is one thing and a human being is another" But he does seem high in this clip from the other Aloha press conference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAkTAyJCWqM

TCB Mafia
    Elvis being too d*mn hot for words is funny to you, Kim??? I never thought to laugh.....I was too busy drooling............

"What a friend we have in Jesus........" lol

All I was saying is for people not to believe everything they read or hear without knowing the facts and to stop being so naive.

TCB has VERY few members that I would classify as "naive."
    Back to topic of this thread. I don't find Elvis to be high or stone at all.
    I would classify that statement as "naive."

Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post

I would classify that statement as "naive."

Either that or they're wearin' them ol' "Rose Colored Glasses".

TCB Mafia
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Trout View Post

We need some "MM" glasses, too.

Agreed!
    Great song BTW....

Shreveport, Louisiana--Home of the Louisiana Hayride, James Burton and D.J. Fontana!!
    Quote Originally Posted by CRITTERGITTER View Post
    I think this is Elvis' true personality. Like someone said, it was like he left ELVIS home and brought himself. Everyone always says how shy and sweet he was. Here he is acting shy and sweet and everyone has to find some "reason" for it.

ELVIS ALWAYS

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    "What a friend we have in Jesus........" lol

Are you referring to Elvis on Tour b/c that was a priceless moment....Don't you hate when that happens to you and it gets mentions while the cameras are rolling?????
    "More people today should see him not simply as a performer, but as an artist with a great soul."

University of Memphis

I just cleaned mine....and nope, they're not rose colored.....just your ordinary sunglasses...

University of Memphis

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast