Thread: Robert Wagner Bio & Elvis

Robert Wagner Bio & Elvis

I just finished reading Robert Wagners autobiography.
    He mentioned Elvis a couple times:
    He claims that the producers of the 1960 film "All the Fine Young Cannibals"
    actually tried to get Elvis and Liz Taylor for the leads-but when that was not possible they went to Wagner and Natalie Wood his wife.
    He later mentions that his last offer from 20th Century Fox was a role with Elvis in Flaming Star.
    Wagners career was on shaky ground at the time and he felt no one would pay much attention to him with Elvis in the cast so he flatly said no.

Thank you that was interesting Ken. I had no idea about any of this.

Diane

There was also one photo of Elvis with several actors including Robert Wagner. I had seen it before this I think. Memories not what it use to be.
    Last edited by KPM; 11-14-2008 at 04:30 PM.

Thanks, KPM. Interesting to read that Wagner would have been in Flaming Star...

franny

That is very intersting, thank you Ken. Elvis and Liz Taylor, I think they would have been a great couple! Sadly another missed opportunity.

I've been lucky enough to meet Robert Wagner, and he's a nice guy, and still very cool into his old age.

He and Elvis met several times during the fifties. As far as I know, there's no record of any meeting after that.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails eprw.jpg   eprw2.jpg   eprw3.jpg  

Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

Yes I've seen all these pictures. I bet the bottom one is the one you are remembering Ken...all great pictures! Thanks Getlo.

Diane

Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    Yes I've seen all these pictures. I bet the bottom one is the one you are remembering Ken...all great pictures! Thanks Getlo.

Diane
    Yes that is the one in his book and the one I recall.
    Robert Wagner is very cool indeed. He most recently played a con man on the TV series "Two and a Half Men". At 78 he still looks great-great sense of humor also.
    I noticed he did not mention Natalie Woods short fling with Elvis in anyway in his book.

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    I just finished reading Robert Wagners autobiography.
    He mentioned Elvis a couple times:
    He claims that the producers of the 1960 film "All the Fine Young Cannibals"
    actually tried to get Elvis and Liz Taylor for the leads-but when that was not possible they went to Wagner and Natalie Wood his wife.
    He later mentions that his last offer from 20th Century Fox was a role with Elvis in Flaming Star.
    Wagners career was on shaky ground at the time and he felt no one would pay much attention to him with Elvis in the cast so he flatly said no.

There seems to be some kind of connection here. In 1954 Wagner made a movie called " Broken Lance". In it he played the half breed son of a rancher who had issues,very much like Elvis' character Pacer in "Flaming Star" . One of the titles that "Flaming Star" was originally going to be called was "Flaming Lance".
    http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/8558/42274.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff View Post

There seems to be some kind of connection here. In 1954 Wagner made a movie called " Broken Lance". In it he played the half breed son of a rancher who had issues,very much like Elvis' character Pacer in "Flaming Star" . One of the titles that "Flaming Star" was originally going to be called was "Flaming Lance".
    Yes I recall the movie Broken Lance.