Thread: Huge Favor To Ask!!!

With Elvis On Tour!!! Jungleroom76's Avatar

Huge Favor To Ask!!!

Hi Everyone:

I was listening to my favorite album, ELVIS - TODAY this evening, and as I was listening, I was thinking about how nice it would be to have the complete album and all the available outtakes on the same CD! I know we've been having this discussion in another thread, but it really hit me this evening about how nice it would be to have everything from the TODAY album all on one CD!

And, I was wondering....has anyone out there compiled such a CD for their own personal enjoyment? If so, I was wondering if I might be able to obtain a copy for my own listening pleasure? I would be more than happy to pay for the materials, shipping, etc., but since I don't have a CD burner, I can't put together a compliation of my own. So, I thought I would see if someone else here might have something like this in their own collection,that they might be able to make a copy of for me.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE for any help you could offer me on this, and as I said, I would be more than happy to pay for the time, materials and trouble that it would take to have something like this made for me.

THANK YOU AGAIN!!!
    TCB!
    Mike

TCB-World...OPEN for business!!!

Cadillac King
    Hey Mike,
    Do you know which imports have the out-takes of the album? I have a cdr of the Yesterday/Today import,is this the only one? and of course the BMG release of the album.
    Last edited by carolynlm; 10-13-2004 at 07:59 PM.
    Carolyn
    "Walk A Block In My Socks"

Question

Pm me your address,and i will send you a version to you.

KEV.
    HELLO,I MUST BE GOING.

SAM...it"s been a privilege to be called your best mate.17.03.55 - 24.01.08

http://www.gould68.freeserve.co.uk/HankGarlandBio.html

THANK YOU SO MUCH KEV!!!

I TRULY appreciate your generosity, and I have sent you a PM with my address!!

Again, please accept my most sincerest thanks for your kindness and generosity!!! :worthy:

TCB!
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by carolynlm
    Hey Mike,
    Do you know which imports have the out-takes of the album? I have a cdr of the Yesterday/Today import,is this the only one? and of course the BMG release of the album.
    Actually Carolyn, the YESTERDAY/TODAY import (if I remember correctly) contains the undubbed versions of the songs from the TODAY album, but no alternate versions. As far as I know, there aren't any import releases with alternate outtakes from the TODAY album. All of the outtakes that I have seen released thus far are from regular RCA and FTD releases.

Of course, the most outtakes from the TODAY album came from the FTD release 6363 SUNSET. Outtakes of SUSAN WHEN SHE TRIED, T-R-O-U-B-L-E, BRINGIN' IT BACK, AND I LOVE YOU SO, SHAKE A HAND and GREEN, GREEN GRASS OF HOME were featured on this release. An outtake of FAIRYTALE appeared on the RCA release GREAT COUNTRY SONGS. And on the box set TODAY, TOMORROW & FOREVER, we were treated to an outtake of PIECES OF MY LIFE. Plus, on the box set WALK A MILE IN MY SHOES - THE ESSENTIAL 70'S MASTERS, we heard an unrehearsed jam on TIGER MAN, which Elvis fooled around with during the TODAY recording sessions. As far as I know, these are the only TODAY outtakes that have been released thus far, either on an official release or on an import release. Does anyone know of any other TODAY outtakes out there?

Hope this answers your question Carolyn!
    TCB!
    Mike

Cadillac King
    Thanks Mike, would be good to have all the out-takes and masters together.
    I think it is probably way down on Ernst's list though.
    Carolyn
    "Walk A Block In My Socks"

All the Today sessions masters plus all available alternate takes on one disc, sounds like a great idea

Sorry, I can't help you with the disc, but heres the tracklist I came up with.

http://www.tcb-world.com/spinoutdesi...today_back.jpg

The undubbed 'I Can Help' is from the 'Our Memories Of Elvis' disc.

'What, honey ? ..... one scarf for the balcony ?! ........... OK ........... gimme a baseball ! ............ there's no way unless you put a rock in it'.

(Las Vegas - 7th December 1975)

Backstage Pass
    Today I was surfing the net, and this is what I found, let me know your thoughts on this one, seems pretty cool to me.

Hans
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails TodayForever.jpg   TodayForeverback.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by carolynlm
    Thanks Mike, would be good to have all the out-takes and masters together.
    I think it is probably way down on Ernst's list though.
    Let's hope it is not TOO far down on his list!!!

TCB!
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by spinout-designs
    All the Today sessions masters plus all available alternate takes on one disc, sounds like a great idea

Sorry, I can't help you with the disc, but heres the tracklist I came up with.

http://www.tcb-world.com/spinoutdesi...today_back.jpg

The undubbed 'I Can Help' is from the 'Our Memories Of Elvis' disc.

THANKS A MILLION SPINOUT!!!!

I appreciate the kind words....actually, Kev got back to me pretty quickly after I posted this thread and kindly offered to send me a copy of the CD that he made containing all the masters and outtakes! So, I have been lucky enough to have Kev help me out with my quest!!

But, I appreciate you posting the cover you made for the TODAY material!! That is a VERY cool design for sure!!! (h)

THANKS AGAIN for everything Spinout! I truly appreciate it!
    TCB!
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by elvis1970nl
    Today I was surfing the net, and this is what I found, let me know your thoughts on this one, seems pretty cool to me.

Hans
    THANKS FOR POSTING THIS HANS!!!

It looks VERY cool indeed, although I am not sure why they chose to include the last 3 songs on the CD? Probably bonus songs to fill up space, but wouldn't it have made more sense to use live versions of the songs from the TODAY album? Just my opinion though...

THANKS AGAIN for sharing this with me Hans! I appreciate it!
    TCB!
    Mike

Great idea for a CD Jungleroom I was going to do the very same thing a while back using Spinouts cool design, but was missing one or two tracks. Today is probably my joint favourite 70s album, along with Good Times. Elvis is in fantastic form on both.

TJ
    I took it hard with Peggy Harper

EXCELLENT CHOICE TJ!!! (h)

I agree that the GOOD TIMES album is quite good also!! And thanks for the kind words regarding the idea to assemble all of the TODAY material on one CD!! (Although I am surely not the first person to come up with this idea!)

TCB!
    Mike