franny

according to this link she was there franny

http://www.elvispresleynews.com/ElvisFuneral.html

Quote Originally Posted by presley31 View Post
    according to this link she was there franny

http://www.elvispresleynews.com/ElvisFuneral.html
    Thanks, Jen.

franny

"AH: Was it apparent to you, at the time, that Elvis may've had a problem with prescription medication? Was it ever discussed among yourselves and in your family?

GA: Sorry, I'll have to pass on this one at this time.

RA: I would rather not discuss this at this time. "

Sounds like both Rosemary and Ginger have something to hide from the way they dodged that question.

True that Elvis propsoed to Ginger but her attitude turned him off by June and it was called off. That's why Elvis never bought the house for her family. Funny how she fails to remember that.

As for her being at Elvis' funeral according to the link provided above, I don't know if I agree with that because there are others who were in attendance that aren't mentioned. Among them Burt Rynolds and Myrna Smith of The Sweet Inspirations. To me it sounds like they included Ginger's name because of her being his "rumored" finance at the time of his death and the one who found him. But there have been complaints from other fans in the past who have also questioned her whereabouts during the funeral.

Until someone can post a pic of her actually there with the rest of them who are pictured at the funeral then I won't believe it.

http://oldies.about.com/od/elvisdeat...visfuneral.htm
    Question: What were the details of Elvis Presley's funeral?

Answer: Thousands of fans converged on Memphis in the days following Elvis Presley's death, so many that President Carter ordered 300 National Guard troops to the area to maintain order. All city buildings in Memphis immediately lowered their flags to half-staff.

Elvis was embalmed at the Memphis Funeral Home and returned to Graceland on August 17, 1977, where a public viewing of the casket, ordered by Elvis' father, Vernon, was set up in the foyer. Over 30,000 fans were let in.

Elvis Presley's funeral, held on the 18th, was a modest affair, though attended by stars such as his "Viva Las Vegas" co-star Ann-Margret, James Brown, and actor George Hamilton. (Everyone from Sammy Davis Jr. to Farrah Fawcett to Burt Reynolds to John Wayne were rumored to attend, but did not.) Held in Graceland's living room, It lasted from 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm, and was led by Woodale Church of Christ pastor C.W. Bradley. Televangelist Rex Humbard gave a short sermon, followed by a testimonial from comedian Jackie Kahane, who often opened Elvis' shows. Other Elvis tour vets -- J.D. Sumner and the Stamps, the Statesmen, and Kathy Westmoreland -- performed some of Elvis' favorite hymns including "Heavenly Father."

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post

Answer: Thousands of fans converged on Memphis in the days following Elvis Presley's death, so many that President Carter ordered 300 National Guard troops to the area to maintain order. All city buildings in Memphis immediately lowered their flags to half-staff.

Elvis was embalmed at the Memphis Funeral Home and returned to Graceland on August 17, 1977, where a public viewing of the casket, ordered by Elvis' father, Vernon, was set up in the foyer. Over 30,000 fans were let in.

Elvis Presley's funeral, held on the 18th, was a modest affair, though attended by stars such as his "Viva Las Vegas" co-star Ann-Margret, James Brown, and actor George Hamilton. (Everyone from Sammy Davis Jr. to Farrah Fawcett to Burt Reynolds to John Wayne were rumored to attend, but did not.) Held in Graceland's living room, It lasted from 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm, and was led by Woodale Church of Christ pastor C.W. Bradley. Televangelist Rex Humbard gave a short sermon, followed by a testimonial from comedian Jackie Kahane, who often opened Elvis' shows. Other Elvis tour vets -- J.D. Sumner and the Stamps, the Statesmen, and Kathy Westmoreland -- performed some of Elvis' favorite hymns including "Heavenly Father."
    That information is inaccurate. There's actual footage of Burt attending Elvis' funeral shot by one of the local Memphis news crews. It was on their website a while back.

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post

You are right Ken...that has always been of the "big" rumors, but NO...Burt Reynolds did not attend Elvis' funeral. Ginger Alden on the other hand......DID.

Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post
    You are right Ken...that has always been of the "big" rumors, but NO...Burt Reynolds did not attend Elvis' funeral. Ginger Alden on the other hand......DID.
    WRONG! Reynolds DID attend. Ginger did NOT.

Quote Originally Posted by Elvislives72 View Post
    Wrong.

Actually, Ginger rode in limo #5, wearing a dress that she borrowed from her sister Terri. Priscilla even went so far as to hug her and thank her for caring for him as best she could. And....it was Pris' decision that she be in #5, while Linda was in limo #16.

seems like elvis was more interested in gingers sister
    MY ELVIS WEBSITE
    http://www.tcb-world.com/images/signaturepics/sigpic4801_25.gif[
    ]Elvis i WILL REMEMBER YOU..FOR YOU SING IN MY HEART..AND LIVE IN MY SOUL
    my Selena Website

Loving elvis
    Quote Originally Posted by epmoodyblue View Post
    seems like elvis was more interested in gingers sister
    ginger sister was supposed to be elvis first choice, but he taken a liking to ginger first.

Quote Originally Posted by presley31 View Post
    ginger sister was supposed to be elvis first choice, but he taken a liking to ginger first.
    i see i did not know this thanx 4 info.. mabye he should of stuck with terri
    MY ELVIS WEBSITE
    http://www.tcb-world.com/images/signaturepics/sigpic4801_25.gif[
    ]Elvis i WILL REMEMBER YOU..FOR YOU SING IN MY HEART..AND LIVE IN MY SOUL
    my Selena Website

TCB Mafia
    Incorrect.

TCB Mafia
    Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post
    Actually, Ginger rode in limo #5, wearing a dress that she borrowed from her sister Terri. Priscilla even went so far as to hug her and thank her for caring for him as best she could. And....it was Pris' decision that she be in #5, while Linda was in limo #16.
    Correct .

Wrong. Burt Reynolds did NOT attend the funeral.

The only celebrity attendees were Ann-Margret and George Hamilton.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

Quote Originally Posted by Getlo View Post
    Wrong. Burt Reynolds did NOT attend the funeral.

The only celebrity attendees were Ann-Margret and George Hamilton.
    Once again, you are wrong. Maybe you should tell Burt Reynolds in person since it was HE who claims he was there.

TCB Mafia
    Those "wrong runs" are a pain, lol.

Once again, you are wrong. Maybe you should tell Burt Reynolds in person since it was HE who claims he was there.
    Burt Reynolds must be getting old and is having trouble remembering his past.

Forever Best Friends

Quote Originally Posted by TotallyInsane View Post
    Burt Reynolds must be getting old and is having trouble remembering his past.

I'll take his word over some rehashed article from over the years. But thanks anyway.

I'll take his word over some rehashed article from over the years. But thanks anyway.
    Is there a picture of Burt at Elvis' funeral? I never heard Burt was there..

franny

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast