Thread: Only in America

International Level

Wink Only in America

Police aid Elvis, chase 'Blues Brothers' look-a-like
    Tuesday, October 12, 2004 Posted: 2329 GMT (0729 HKT)

CRYSTAL, Minnesota (AP) -- Police responding to a call of a convulsing Elvis Presley impersonator soon found themselves in a high-speed chase of another faux celebrity -- a man dressed as one of the Blues Brothers.

Crystal Police Capt. Dave Oyaas said the bizarre string of events began when officers were called to a veterans hall Monday morning to find a man dressed as Elvis Presley apparently in convulsions.

When the officers approached, Oyaas said the man suddenly jumped up and yelled, "Viva Las Vegas!" before singing show tunes.

At about the same time, two women said another man at the veterans hall dressed as John Belushi's character in "The Blues Brothers" had stolen their car and driven to a nearby airport.

The man led police on a high-speed chase around the airport before officers forced him to stop and arrested him.

"It's one of those things that you stop and scratch your head, and you think that 'Am I seeing what I think I'm seeing?"' Oyaas said.

Oyaas said charges pending against the men could include disorderly conduct, fleeing police and drunken driving.

The men had been drinking together at the VFW before police arrived. Blood tests will show how much, but Oyaas said, "I would venture to say quite a bit."

Cadillac King
    It is quite to amazing to think that anyone, anywhere in the world can dress up in a jump suit (not necessarily white) or even a curl wig and sideburns and be recognised as "Elvis" -

Talk about being instantly recognised!

jb

Angry

My view is that its sad,that such an icon should be thought about,as the guy in a jumpsuit when he spent most of his music life with out it

KEV.
    HELLO,I MUST BE GOING.

SAM...it"s been a privilege to be called your best mate.17.03.55 - 24.01.08

http://www.gould68.freeserve.co.uk/HankGarlandBio.html

Cadillac King
    Hey Kev - even a Black guy in Normal clothes with a pair of "patented" Sun -glases is recognised for what it is ! have seen that music video about "hip Girls wear blue jeans" ?

I agree that mostly it is the white jump suit - but it also the wig with a curl on the forehead that is attiributed as El- not bad to be recognised by a clothes style. Not too many can claim that!

jb