Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Question for anybody out there.

International Level elvispresleytheking's Avatar

Question for anybody out there.

I know Elvis went to Ginger Alden's Grandpa's funeral on January 3, 1977, and I heard that pictures do exist. Has anybosy seen these pictures, and, if so, do you know where I can find them? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

yes a picture exists of elvis and ginger at funeral in jan 77....i dont have the picture..i have seen it.. but im sure some members here will post it ..4 u ..hopefully
    MY ELVIS WEBSITE
    http://www.tcb-world.com/images/signaturepics/sigpic4801_25.gif[
    ]Elvis i WILL REMEMBER YOU..FOR YOU SING IN MY HEART..AND LIVE IN MY SOUL
    my Selena Website

Loving elvis

This is the link to one of the pictures in the gallery. I've seen a few more, but its only one or two other shots.

http://www.tcb-world.com/gallery/fil...WithGinger.JPG
    "More people today should see him not simply as a performer, but as an artist with a great soul."

John Bakke, professor emeritus
    University of Memphis

From Elvis Presley Blvd Lonniebealestreet's Avatar
    Hard to detect any puffiness at all in him in these photos. The years are showing but he appears to be in good health...very sad.

Granted he's bundled up and of course being in street clothes and not a jumpsuit always helps, but his jawline looks strong and everything.
    ...you won't forget me when I go.

I read in the book "Down at the End of Lonely Street" that when Elvis attended this funeral, he was, in Dr. Nick's words, "virtually drug free" --

By the beginning of '77, he was only months from his death and had OD'd 4 or 5 times, and had round the clock nurses regulating his drug intake, and he suddenly is 'drug free' ......

But by and large, for all that he's endured over the previous years, he does look good, his eyes look very clear and sound in these pictures.
    "More people today should see him not simply as a performer, but as an artist with a great soul."

University of Memphis

Considering he was about to have his 42nd birthday he actually looks very well. The age difference between him and Ginger doesn't seem so conspicuous in these pictures.

In the first one, however, perhaps someone should have told him that it was inappropriate to chuckle while Ginger's grandpa was being lowered into the earth.
    'Taking Care of Beaulieu'.

Quote Originally Posted by presley31 View Post
    See what I mean?

Quote Originally Posted by ehollier View Post
    [B]I read in the book "Down at the End of Lonely Street" that when Elvis attended this funeral, he was, in Dr. Nick's words, "virtually drug free" --
    Pfffttt!

Yeah, right ...
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

Coming On Strong

gingers coat

I have seen those photos before he does look quite well I know the person who has actually got the coat that Ginger is wearing in that picture.

The photos were taken by Ginger's cousin.

Attached is something of interest.

Personally, I find the whole thing in very poor taste ... taking pictures at a funeral!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails gingerepfuneral.jpg  
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

Quote Originally Posted by Getlo View Post
    The photos were taken by Ginger's cousin.

Attached is something of interest.

Personally, I find the whole thing in very poor taste ... taking pictures at a funeral!

I agree with you. Of course it's not impossible for someone to take pictures at a funeral but the fact that they are posing, well, it doesn't look right to me...
    Goodbye Rosanne...Your "family" in TCB will always remember you.

Very Strange....when Linda's Grandfather Died, All Elvis Said Was, "why Did He Pick Now To Die?"
    To Me The Only Two Women Worth Anything In His Were, Linda And Ann Margret

I'm from the South (USA) and it's common for folks to take pictures at funerals -even of the deceased as a last memento of that person. I know it sounds morbid - when my cousins took pictures of my grandmother in her coffin - I wanted to throttle them - then as time went by - I asked for copies - it was the last time I saw her and I miss her.
    Just my opinion. PLUS - that is when all the relatives get together - some probably haven't seen each other in ages - hence - photo's - photo's - photo's.

Quote Originally Posted by ksimms2 View Post
    I'm from the South (USA) and it's common for folks to take pictures at funerals -even of the deceased as a last memento of that person. I know it sounds morbid - when my cousins took pictures of my grandmother in her coffin - I wanted to throttle them - then as time went by - I asked for copies - it was the last time I saw her and I miss her.
    Just my opinion. PLUS - that is when all the relatives get together - some probably haven't seen each other in ages - hence - photo's - photo's - photo's.
    I always take pictures of my family at funerals. Not the actual person who has passed but the people I love and haven't seen in a long time!! It's a southern thing, I guess!!!

Forever Best Friends

Loving elvis
    Every funeral l been at nobody ever took pictures, must be a southern thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonniebealestreet View Post
    Hard to detect any puffiness at all in him in these photos. The years are showing but he appears to be in good health...very sad.

Granted he's bundled up and of course being in street clothes and not a jumpsuit always helps, but his jawline looks strong and everything.
    agree with ur comments elvis in early january of 77 does look good..as we can see by those piccys..dont forget thats early jan 77 ..he kinda looked just like the tour he just finished in dec of 76 really slimmed down...but then again end of jan 77 passes mid feb 77 tour arrives and elvis balloons up again..as we all know elvis was never able to maintain a steady weight since oct 74 to june 77..anyways those are super nice piccy's..cant say much for the plastic lady standing next to elvis ..mastercard lady whatever you wanna call her all she cared for was $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ they were always fighting never got along with elvis...had elvis lived she would of been toast by aug 77.elvis already had chosen another woman to acompany him for the tour that never was..anyways a big for ginger
    MY ELVIS WEBSITE
    http://www.tcb-world.com/images/signaturepics/sigpic4801_25.gif[
    ]Elvis i WILL REMEMBER YOU..FOR YOU SING IN MY HEART..AND LIVE IN MY SOUL
    my Selena Website

This is an interesting topic.
    I haven't been to a funeral where photographs were taken either but I don't think it would offend me if people did.
    One of the better things that can be said about funerals is that they provide an opportunity for family members who don't make time to see each other very often to get together.
    Why not take pictures? It might be the last time you see 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    I haven't been to a funeral where photographs were taken either but I don't think it would offend me if people did.
    One of the better things that can be said about funerals is that they provide an opportunity for family members who don't make time to see each other very often to get together.

Must be a southern thing....not the pictures, per se, but the opportunity to get together and share and reminisce of good times, laughs and drinking......(unless you are Baptist....I don't think drinking is allowed)

University of Memphis

Loving elvis
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    I don't find it offense either taking pictures, heck me and my brother were having a laugh remembering stories from the family. I even went to a funeral here in ontario where they poured a case of beer on the grave so some funerals are different.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast