Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Whats everyone listening to at the moment?

From Elvis Presley Blvd Lonniebealestreet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by clowdy
    Man, you just killed me.

Suddenly, I had a revelation: Elvis never played for me, he never knew I will exist in this world, that I will be a fan spending days and nights searching and learning about him.
    For Elvis,"fans" meant those that came to the concerts then, those who bought the records then.
    From Elvis' point of view, I don't exist as a fan.
    Well, that's true. Sadly, Elvis did not realize the full extent of his impact on people. I mean, he saw and appreciated the adulation of his fans, but I don't think he thought he'd have staying power well beyond his years. But now he's been selling records for more years than his recording career covered, and he has sold more than he did in his lifetime.

That's another reason it's such a shame that he didn't get to tour abroad (besides depriving many of you of the chance to see him): if he had, it really would have felt like the fifties all over again, with a much more mainstream devotion to him, and he might have had a better grasp of how just how big he still was.

You can't blame him though for not foreseeing that a non-professional recording of a concert, or a home recording, or some goofing around in the studio, or whatever, would be released one day by his record label. How likely is that? But hey, in many ways it's good he didn't think that would ever happen, otherwise the stuff we get wouldn't be half as interesting.

Although...and maybe this was just a matter of his being confused, but on the Goodbye Memphis show, he said something goofy and then, "I don't know what I just said, but it's all on record and it'll come out later," or something to that effect. Think he knew it would be 21 years later on a bootleg CD?
    ...you won't forget me when I go.

With Elvis On Tour!!! Jungleroom76's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NightRider
    On a separate issue...regarding Dragonheart....i thought that it had a bad rap.....i thought it was a reasonably good show ...and though i agree with some of the things that have been said....its by no means as bad as its made out by some......and just to be sure...i am playing it right now
    I hope I didn't come across as being too harsh on IT'S MIDNIGHT and/or DRAGONHEART...

I think both shows are quite good EXCEPT for Elvis being too chatty! If it weren't for that, I would have IT'S MIDNIGHT and DRAGONHEART in my CD player at all times!! They are both exceptionally great shows, with lots of different songs being performed in both! In both shows, Elvis' voice sounds FANTASTIC, in my opinion!! It's just the numerous and lengthy monologues that Elvis engages in during these shows, which detracts from my personal enjoyment of them!

I apologize if my remarks made it sound like I didn't like either of these shows at all....it's quite the contrary....I personally enjoy both shows immensely, and I think Elvis is VOCALLY at the top of his game during both shows, for the most part...but unfortunately because of all the chattiness on Elvis' part, I don't listen to them as often as I do other shows!

Sorry if I caused you any confusion Night Rider!!

TCB!
    Mike

TCB-World...OPEN for business!!!

TCB Mafia
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungleroom76
    I hope I didn't come across as being too harsh on IT'S MIDNIGHT and/or DRAGONHEART...

I think both shows are quite good EXCEPT for Elvis being too chatty! If it weren't for that, I would have IT'S MIDNIGHT and DRAGONHEART in my CD player at all times!! They are both exceptionally great shows, with lots of different songs being performed in both! In both shows, Elvis' voice sounds FANTASTIC, in my opinion!! It's just the numerous and lengthy monologues that Elvis engages in during these shows, which detracts from my personal enjoyment of them!

I apologize if my remarks made it sound like I didn't like either of these shows at all....it's quite the contrary....I personally enjoy both shows immensely, and I think Elvis is VOCALLY at the top of his game during both shows, for the most part...but unfortunately because of all the chattiness on Elvis' part, I don't listen to them as often as I do other shows!

Sorry if I caused you any confusion Night Rider!!

TCB!
    Mike
    Hi Mike,

No my friend....you didn't cause confusion....i knew exactly what you meant because i regard it exactly the same.

I was reffering to shortly after it was released. Remembering at the time that it got absolutely ripped apart on FECC......people saying that the show was one of the worst they had ever heard....etc..etc....

I think its a perfectly good release, as are most of the FTD's. ( apart from the artwork). I just don't know what some people want. Do they think that every single show was absolute perfection ?

It was in no way directed at you mate
    TCB Chris.

---------------------------------------

Hi Mike,

No my friend....you didn't cause confusion....i knew exactly what you meant because i regard it exactly the same.

I was reffering to shortly after it was released. Remembering at the time that it got absolutely ripped apart on FECC......people saying that the show was one of the worst they had ever heard....etc..etc....

I think its a perfectly good release, as are most of the FTD's. ( apart from the artwork). I just don't know what some people want. Do they think that every single show was absolute perfection ?

It was in no way directed at you mate
    THANKS NIGHT RIDER!!! (h)

Sorry for the misunderstanding...when I first read your post, I thought you were referring to me and that I had been too harsh in my criticism of DRAGONHEART!! After I went back and read it again, I realized that they were in fact two separate thoughts that you were commenting on!! So, it was my mistake....SORRY about that!!!

I agree with you that, aside from the artwork and the lengthy monologues, DRAGONHEART really is a decent enough CD. Just wish I could bring myself to pop it into my CD player more often....but everytime I listen to it, and he goes off on one of his chatty tangents, it reminds me of why I don't listen to it very often (which is a shame, I know!)

Anyway...thanks again for the clarification pal!! I appreciate it!

TCB!
    Mike

Listening to the outtakes from In the ghetto (Jordan's Elvis world), o, my I think these are so beautiful.

TCB Mafia
    Total brain ache from re-doing my site ......glad i had some great tunes in the backgound....got through a few today....

Elvis Country.....( It ain't no big thing...and I Really don't want to know....awesome...the picks of the album for me )

....then Moody Blue...re-mastered version...not as good 'sound' as The Jungle Room Sessions on tracks like Its Easy For You.....but a hell of alot better than we have been used to.

Then onto Promised Land.....which has to be one of my favourite Elvis albums.....Some real beauties on here.....Your Love's Been A Long Time Comin'......Honky Tonk Angel.....Thinking About You.....tracks not often mentioned....but these are the sort of tracks that should be pushed into the public eye
    TCB Chris.

Total brain ache from re-doing my site ......glad i had some great tunes in the backgound....got through a few today....
    :

hi chris .. you wrote it on your quote about re-design site ... is it completely done yet ? i checked them out and they look great,...except for the avatar, i've just noticed it , you had many great pictures ... is it for people to use for free ? or need your permittion to use it ?

I look forward for your artwork ... keep them coming.

Right now i am listening to Elvis Running For President Charlotte 03/20/76 concert CD..
    Last edited by buttonhead; 10-24-2004 at 05:13 PM.

From Elvis Presley Blvd Lonniebealestreet's Avatar
    The Moody Blue and Promised Land upgrades...I can pretty well live on those two for extended periods.

Speaking of Moody Blue, the CD I was listening to earlier was Moody Blue & Other Great Performances.
    ...you won't forget me when I go.

Last night, I took the time to relax and watch my new import DVD ELVIS - ROCKIN' NEW YEARS EVE...so I guess that counts as listening to the Pittsburgh 12/31/76 show, right??

And, because of all the discussion we had on the DRAGONHEART CD earlier in this thread, I decided to break that one out of storage this afternoon and give it another spin in the ol' CD player...

...STILL can't really get into it with all the in-between song banter that Elvis goes into, no matter how hard I try....

...which is really too bad, considering how great his voice sounds during this show!!! (h)

TCB!
    Mike

Cadillac King
    I have 'So High' going at the moment......great easy listening.........
    Carolyn
    "Walk A Block In My Socks"

TCB Mafia
    Quote Originally Posted by buttonhead
    hi chris .. you wrote it on your quote about re-design site ... is it completely done yet ? i checked them out and they look great,...except for the avatar, i've just noticed it , you had many great pictures ... is it for people to use for free ? or need your permittion to use it ?

I look forward for your artwork ... keep them coming.

Right now i am listening to Elvis Running For President Charlotte 03/20/76 concert CD..

Hi Dessy,

The new site should be up either today or tomorrow.....i still have a bit of work to do on it....including finishing off the Avatar sections - which have all been re-sized ( and include many new Avatars ) and can be used on the board of your choice - though hopefully it would be this board

The Avatars can be used by anyone.....the only thng that i ask is that you let me know...as i will re-do them every so often....and i wouldn't want to delete any that are in use....

Its a completely new design....made by myself....and its the first time i have done my own totally ( i have normally used templates before)....so there may be a few Gremlins when it first comes on line.......

I am not that familiar with web design...so you people will have to let me know your thoughts when its up and running
    TCB Chris.

Backstage Pass
    I'm surprised people aren't listening to ?Double Trouble? & ?Closing Night?.
    Love the new discs when they arrive.

'Closing Night' playing LOUD in the car is perfect commuting music.

Such a fascinating CD & (captivatingly) emotionally all-over-the-shop and great sound too.

I think it's a privilege to get Soundboards from Reel 2 Reel after 30 years.
    We are very lucky fans indeed.

Cheers
    Piers

Praise be to Ernst :worthy:

Hi Dessy,

The new site should be up either today or tomorrow.....i still have a bit of work to do on it....including finishing off the Avatar sections - which have all been re-sized ( and include many new Avatars ) and can be used on the board of your choice - though hopefully it would be this board

The Avatars can be used by anyone.....the only thng that i ask is that you let me know...as i will re-do them every so often....and i wouldn't want to delete any that are in use....

Its a completely new design....made by myself....and its the first time i have done my own totally ( i have normally used templates before)....so there may be a few Gremlins when it first comes on line.......

I am not that familiar with web design...so you people will have to let me know your thoughts when its up and running
    Right now i am listening to "All That I Am "..

Chris....oh...gee i felt embarassed...it was said on your site yesterday that it could be used by TCB forum members .. i didnt read it,..i was 'struck' by those beautiful EP pics

Your site look awesome BTW ... you're not that familiar with web design ???? are you kidding me ?? it looks prefesional really... keep your good job..

TCB Mafia
    Quote Originally Posted by buttonhead

Your site look awesome BTW ... you're not that familiar with web design ???? are you kidding me ?? it looks prefesional really... keep your good job..
    Well not as familier as i would like to be Dessy

I read and took your advice PiersEIN....Closing Night again tonight....growing to like it even more....
    TCB Chris.

International Level
    Right now i am playing is
    "Susicious Minds" The memphis 1969 anthology

now i do love this album.

but i never did like "Hey Jude"

so i sometime i skip this track anyway.
    Curtis Simpkins

Long Live Vinyl. :worthy:

Been playing tracks from the 70's ballads compilation I made a while ago, terrific stuff, material like that underlines exactly why he's 'The King'

Curtis, I know 'Hey Jude' isn't a popular track with many, but I gotta say I love hearing the 1969 redition from Elvis, I really do. Regardless, thats a great 2 disc set there, 'The Memphis Anthology'.

'What, honey ? ..... one scarf for the balcony ?! ........... OK ........... gimme a baseball ! ............ there's no way unless you put a rock in it'.

(Las Vegas - 7th December 1975)

International Level
    Thanks spinout.

I am thinking of doing the same thing, putting all of my most favorite
    Elvis music, even some of his movie soundtracks.
    Curtis Simpkins

Long Live Vinyl. :worthy:

International Level
    "Elvis Country" It's been a long time, baby

Viva Las Vegas soundtrack

I just love this album and the movie. The songs are a mix of both ballad and upbeat my favourite ones being "I need somebody to lean on" I love that scene and "What I'd Say" with that classic unforgettable scene with Elvis and Ann margaret dancing on the stage great moves even better song other songs

1. Viva Las Vegas
    2. What?d I Say
    3. If You Think I Don?t Need You
    4. I Need Somebody To Lean On
    5. C?mon Everybody
    6. Today, Tomorrow And Forever
    7. Santa Lucia
    8. Do The Vega
    9. Night Life
    10. Yellow Rose Of Texas/The Eyes Of Texas
    11. The Lady Loves Me (with Ann-Margret)
    12. You?re The Boss (with Ann-Margret)
    13. Today, Tomorrow And Forever (with Ann-Margret) (takes 1 & 2)

"The Lady Loves me" is a unforgettable song for me it is one I used to sing to with my hairbrush in the mirror ,well I was only little then

love and peace,
    Susan.
    Yesterday was the past and tomorrow is the future but today is the present ..thats why we call it the gift"

"Never listen to a liar it takes too long to find out the truth and my time is too precious"

"Without you I am only half of me"

Quote Originally Posted by curtis simpkins
    Right now i am playing is
    "Susicious Minds" The memphis 1969 anthology

now i do love this album.

but i never did like "Hey Jude"

so i sometime i skip this track anyway.

Heh-the same I do Yesterday sounds much better-I wonder what was the problem?Was he too tired, not interested in recording it?
    And I dooooo love That's the feeling that I get lookin' down at my brand new babyyy.... and Power of my love and Rubberneckin' and....ohhhh-I LOVE IT ALL!!!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast