Thread: Love Me Tender Shop Closes

Loving elvis

Love Me Tender Shop Closes

Satoshi, the former manager of the Love Me Tender shop in Memphis had this to say about the closing of the shop. Satoshi is very well known to fans who travel to Memphis. He was also employed at Memories Of Elvis on Elvis Presley Blvd until their lease with EPE ran out.

"It is with great sadness that we must announce that Love Me Tender Memphis will close its door for the last time on Sunday, October 5, 2008. Although we have been here less than two years, we have met a lot of Elvis fans from all over the world. We have been very fortunate to have a store in a building that has so much Elvis history. We are also proud to have played a role in keeping Elvis' legacy alive on Beale Street. We have tried to always promote his memory in a positive way. We hope that his presence on this street will not fade away after we leave.

We have made a lot of friends here. We wish that we could say good-bye to all of you personally, unfortunately, time does not permit us to do that since we were only given a couple of days notice regarding the closing of the business.

So, we will close with a big "THANK YOU" to all of the loyal customers that have supported our efforts here.

We hope that you enjoyed shopping with us at Love Me Tender Memphis, and we hope to see you again some day."

Elvis Unlimited would like to wish Satoshi and his staff all the best. We hope to continue to see them in Memphis each and every year.

In addition to the closing of the shop, the EP Delta Kitchen formerly EP Memphis has also closed.

http://www.elvisunlimited.com/news.a...79&news_id=501

Southeastern Portion of These Here United States
    Quite sad to see a business that's dedicated to selling Elvis' memorabilia have to close.
    "Don't tamper with the property of the U.S. Male"

Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar

Unhappy

Sad to hear indeed.
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

Sad to hear how bad everything is..
    -SatninLove
    "There's A Sweet Sweet Spirit In This Place"....