Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What happened???

International Level

Arrow What happened???

I know it's Elvis after a show,he's excausted,etc...But he doesn't seem like...normal here i think.What happened?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1970_live2_952958.jpg  
    Last edited by renapap05; 11-16-2008 at 01:29 PM.

Cadillac King
    Have you see the TTWII outtakes when he comes off stage. He looks like he is going to pass out. I think the shows took more out of him than we realize.

International Level
    Quote Originally Posted by CRITTERGITTER View Post
    Have you see the TTWII outtakes when he comes off stage. He looks like he is going to pass out. I think the shows took more out of him than we realize.
    Maybe you're right...Unfortunetaly i haven't seen the outtakes.
    But thanks for your nice reply!

Loving elvis
    Elvis put all his energy into shows so he must be worn out by the time he was leaving, just my guess.

I belive that gave all his energy in the stage,because of it goes out exsausto,no?

It's simple. He's coming offstage after a show in St. Louis, MO in November of 1970, I believe.

Coming On Strong

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Trout View Post
    It's simple. He's coming offstage after a show in St. Louis, MO in November of 1970, I believe.
    wow you know everything about elvis ha!
    hey tony,can you tell me what happened on stage in feb,1973.Elvis was attacked on stage,i cant find anything on it on the web.Thanks buddy.

I had a friend who was lucky enough to see that show- it was Sept 10th 1970 at Kiel Auditorium. She says of the 3 shows he gave in St. Louis it was the most physical of them. (She went to all 3. I only went to the 3rd in 1976)
    She says the second one in June of 73 he was at the top of vocal game and in 76 it was a so-so show. Since I did not see the other 2- I take her word for it.
    I agree hes just coming off stage and it looks like he may be ducking something-or gettting ready to get into a limo.

Quote Originally Posted by Dekethecreep View Post
    wow you know everything about elvis ha!
    hey tony,can you tell me what happened on stage in feb,1973.Elvis was attacked on stage,i cant find anything on it on the web.Thanks buddy.

Getlo could probably give a more detailed account but...basically the guys who attacked Elvis onstage were drunk. Elvis thought they were sent by Mike Stone - which is/was untrue.

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    I had a friend who was lucky enough to see that show- it was Sept 10th 1970 at Kiel Auditorium. She says of the 3 shows he gave in St. Louis it was the most physical of them. (She went to all 3. I only went to the 3rd in 1976)
    She says the second one in June of 73 he was at the top of vocal game and in 76 it was a so-so show. Since I did not see the other 2- I take her word for it.
    I agree hes just coming off stage and it looks like he may be ducking something-or gettting ready to get into a limo.

I agree - and I apologize for getting the date wrong. It is, in fact, Sept. 10, 1970. In the uncropped version of the picture, you can see Joe Esposito to what would be Elvis's left.

Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar
    Like Tony said its just a simple photo of Elvis coming off stage.

IMO, Elvis himself set the standards to high in 69-70, he couldn't perform like that forever, age does take its toll.
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

Quote Originally Posted by renapap05 View Post
    I know it's Elvis after a show,he's excausted,etc...But he doesn't seem like...normal here i think.What happened?
    Bad hair day.

Bad collar day.

Actually, yeah, Elvis really knocked himself out during those early tour shows (well, Vegas, too, but what little footage we have suggests that he went way above and beyond, in terms of energy expenditure, on tour in 1970 and 1971). There's no doubt that maintaining that level would have been tough, and quite possibly harmful, even had Elvis been in better physiological health as he entered his 40s, but (and anyone who's ever done any kind of performance on stage will probably agree here) even one of his less overtly vigorous shows required a substantial input of energy and would have been pretty draining (mentally and emotionally, as well).
    I'm a roving roustabout...

Getlo could probably give a more detailed account but...basically the guys who attacked Elvis onstage were drunk. Elvis thought they were sent by Mike Stone - which is/was untrue.
    "Want to shake my hand thats fine, want to get rough i'll whoop your ***"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 730218ms_f.jpg  
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

I agree - and I apologize for getting the date wrong. It is, in fact, Sept. 10, 1970. In the uncropped version of the picture, you can see Joe Esposito to what would be Elvis's left.
    The only reason that date is so easy to remember is because I wanted so bad to go to that show. I saved for 3 weeks doing odd jobs and whatever I could to raise the ticket money-when we finally went to get tickets they told us they sold out in 3 hours for that show. I had no idea he would sell out so quick. How foolish was I- duhhhh.

The only reason that date is so easy to remember is because I wanted so bad to go to that show. I saved for 3 weeks doing odd jobs and whatever I could to raise the ticket money-when we finally went to get tickets they told us they sold out in 3 hours for that show. I had no idea he would sell out so quick. How foolish was I- duhhhh.
    Ah man Ken that must have been heartbreaking..

Quote Originally Posted by Col Jon Burrows View Post
    Ah man Ken that must have been heartbreaking..
    It was-I have kicked myself over and over for missing that show.
    The mid priced seats were $7.50 and thats what we were shooting for.
    $7.50??????????????Back then to a 15 year old that was a lot of cash.
    To a "poor 15 year old" like myself it was out of reach to get quickly.

It was-I have kicked myself over and over for missing that show.
    The mid priced seats were $7.50 and thats what we were shooting for.
    $7.50??????????????Back then to a 15 year old that was a lot of cash.
    To a "poor 15 year old" like myself it was out of reach to get quickly.
    Its crazy how much the value of a dollar changes with time...

It was NOT St. Louis in September. That is a wide spread misunderstanding. In St. Louis Elvis wore the brown macramé belt in combination with this suit. The picture was taken after leaving the stage in San Diego on November 15th. It was the only time where Elvis wore this belt on this suit. If you see picture of Elvis on stage you will notice that he's wearing a wrist watch. He only did that during the November tour. He's also using a different type of microphone, the AKG D-1200. That was a one-timer only used on that specific date.

There's not only exhaustion in his eyes but also a touch of stress because he had to rush to the waitng limousine in order to escape from the fans.....
    The kneeling picture you see below was St. Louis... the two other pictures are from San Diego.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1970-09-10__14.jpg   001) San Diego - Nov 15.JPG   002) San Diego - Nov 15.jpg  

Last edited by Leroy; 10-12-2008 at 06:29 AM.

San Diego, November 15.
    I'm a roving roustabout...

Quote Originally Posted by Leroy View Post
    It was NOT St. Louis in September. That is a wide spread misunderstanding. In St. Louis Elvis wore the brown macramé belt in combination with this suit. The picture was taken after leaving the stage in San Diego on November 15th. It was the only time where Elvis wore this belt on this suit. If you see picture of Elvis on stage you will notice that he's wearing a wrist watch. He only did that during the November tour. He's also using a different type of microphone, the AKG D-1200. That was a one-timer only used on that specific date.

There's not only exhaustion in his eyes but also a touch of stress because he had to rush to the waitng limousine in order to escape from the fans.....
    The kneeling picture you see below was St. Louis... the two other pictures are from San Diego.
    That is indeed news to me-everytime I have seen those pictures with the red belt it had said "St Louis". As I said I did not get to go this concert and the pictures in the St Louis Post Dispatch are black and white. The girl (now a woman ha ha)I knew who did go I have not seen since 1979 so I can not ask her. But if anyone knows about these suits and where they were worn it would be you. I use to have the article from Sept 10th, 1970-I'll see if I can locate it they may describe what his color scheme was.
    I am pretty sure the belt was green in Phoenix the day before is that correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Leroy View Post

I hate to contradict you Leroy but there was no seating behind the stage at Kiel Auditorum and you can definitely see people in seating behind Elvis in the kneeling picture. I went to Kiel to see Elvis in 76 and Neil Diamond a few years later and there is no seating in that area.
    I have seen those pictures with the red belt and they usually say it was "St Louis".
    As I said I did not get to go this concert and the pictures in the St Louis Post Dispatch are black and white. The girl (now a woman ha ha)I knew who did go I have not seen since 1979 so I can not ask her. But if anyone knows about these suits and where they were worn it would be you. I use to have the article from Sept 10th, 1970-I'll see if I can locate it they may describe what his color scheme was.
    I am pretty sure the belt was green in Phoenix the day before is that correct?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast