Thread: Wow!!! Recently Announced Upcoming FTD Releases -- Hope These Are Accurate!!!

With Elvis On Tour!!! Jungleroom76's Avatar

Wow!!! Recently Announced Upcoming FTD Releases -- Hope These Are Accurate!!!

Just saw this on ElvisNews.com:

Posted on the FECC message board is news on the upcoming Follow That Dream releases. The information comes from adverts packaged with the latest FTD CDs from a UK Fanclub and reads:

Rocking Across Texas - An exciting new book (& 2 CD set) from FTD due January 5, 2005. A fly-on-the-wall visual and audio documentary featuring two amazing concerts; Amarillo Civic Centre June 19, 1974 and Tarrant Centre, Fort Worth June 3, 1976.

On Tour: The Rehearsals! - At last! January 5, 2005 release date. Setlist includes Over The Rainbow, Room At The Cross, Yound And Beautiful! This is expected to be one of FTD's biggest selling CDs'.

Two More Movie Soundtracks - Kid Galahad & Follow That Dream - November 20, 2004. Each title in the 7" format.

We have asked Ernst Jorgensen for confirmation, will update the site when it arrives.

What does everything think of these, if they all turn out to be confirmed by Ernst? My thoughts:

Obviously the "On Tour: The Rehearsals" CD will indeed be one of FTD's biggest sellers! Fans all across the world (myself included) have been waiting and begging FTD to release some "On Tour" material....now, let's hope that the time is finally drawing near!!

The "Kid Galahad" and "Follow That Dream" soundtrack re-releases are most puzzling to me....didn't Ernst say once before that the stereo recordings for most of the "Follow That Dream" soundtrack were missing? So, if that is still the case, there really aren't too many previously unreleased outtakes left from this film, are there? Same goes for "Kid Galahad"....isn't this one of the movies that Ernst claimed RCA didn't have many outtakes for because the tapes were missing? Can we hope that Ernst has found some of the missing outtakes from these movies, and that we will finally get to hear them on these releases??

As for the "Rocking Across Texas" release, it sounds quite interesting! BUT....I have to wonder about the price of something like this, with a book and TWO CD's! In the past, with "The Way It Was" and "Flashback", the prices were a bit higher and they each only contained ONE CD. This one, while sounding like a potentially great release, could be a little TOO expensive for those fans on a tight budget!! Guess we'll have to wait and see...

Anyway, those are my thoughts on these potential upcoming releases! I'm interested to see what everyone else thinks!

TCB!
    Mike

TCB-World...OPEN for business!!!

Southeastern Portion of These Here United States
    I certainly don't mean to sound ungreatful towards EJ and the folks at FTD, but in my little ole' opinion, 1976 has been represented enough with the Tucson 76 FTD cd and with all of the numerous bootleg releases. If it was up to me to decide something that just had to come from 1976, and I'd try to release something from the first tour of 76 or one of the winter tours of 76, but again - that's just me
    "Don't tamper with the property of the U.S. Male"

Heartbreak Hotel, Room 11 Albert's Avatar
    I will erase this announcement from my mind

Otherwise I will be hoping for it too much, and than I can only be dissapointed. I will continu my life and see what will happen (untill something is confirmed by Ernst). It all sounds just a little too good to be true

‎"A year from now, you'll wish you had started today"

Follow TCB-World on Twitter for website updates and Elvisnews: http://twitter.com/tcbworldcom

HEY BIG BOSS -

I agree with you that 1976 has been covered quite well through both FTD and the import CD's. But, on the other hand, so has 1974 with "Dragonheart", "It's Midnight" and the reissued Memphis '74 show on FTD, not to mention the numerous '74 shows on the import labels!! So, if you take that into account, then neither of the shows that are planned for this Texas book/CD package should be included, and other shows from other years should be considered. But, despite that, I am still hopeful that this package does come out....it will be especially nice to have an officially sanctioned RCA/EPE book filled with pictures from the post-Aloha period, as we all know that photos from that period are few and far between from EPE. It just sounds like a really cool package, and I hope these plans are confirmed!

And, I agree with you also that an FTD release of a '76 show from either the beginning or the end of the year would be a great release! Elvis gave some AWESOME shows during those periods!

HEY ALBERT -

I know what you mean about trying to limit your excitement....for me, it's already too late and it's only been about 5 hours since I saw this news announcement!!

I do wonder what has happened to the proposed Sun Records book/CD project that Ernst was working on for FTD? He mentioned it several times and stated that he thought it might come out during the first part of 2005, but if the Texas book/CD project is in fact confirmed, I wonder what will happen to the Sun project?

TCB!
    Mike

UPDATE ON "ROCKING ACROSS TEXAS" BOOK/CD SET:

Just found this additional information on FECC regarding the "Rocking Across Texas" book/2-CD set:

ROCKING ACROSS TEXAS: ( January 1st, 2005 release )

CD1: Amarillo, Civic Centre, June 19th, 1974: See See Rider, I Got A Woman, Love Me, Trying To Get To You, All Shook Up, Love Me tender, Hound Dog, Fever, Polk Salad Annie, Suspicious Minds, Heartbreak Hotel, Help Me, I Can't Stop Loving You, American Trilogy, Big Boss Man, Bridge Over Troubled Water, and others.

CD2: Fort Worth, Tarrant Centre, June 3rd, 1976: You Gave Me A Mountain, Steamroller Blues, All Shook Up, Burning Love, Little Darlin', Young And Beautiful, Love Letters, Shake A Hand, Early Morning Rain, Jailhouse Rock and more.

WOW!!! The show from Ft. Worth '76 sounds like quite a show, with rare songs like SHAKE A HAND, STEAMROLLER BLUES, BURNING LOVE and YOUNG AND BEAUTIFUL!!! The '74 show from Amarillo sounds like a pretty standard '74 show, at least from the information provided here!

"KID GALAHAD" AND "FOLLOW THAT DREAM" SOUNDTRACKS COMING OUT IN 2004?

According to FECC, the upgraded soundtracks for KID GALAHAD and FOLLOW THAT DREAM are listed as being released on November 20, 2004!!! Wonder if this is a typo, or if these are indeed coming out later this year?

Just wanted to pass along the latest information to everyone!!! (h)

TCB!
    Mike

From Elvis Presley Blvd Lonniebealestreet's Avatar
    Very interesting indeed. I too hope them to be accurate.

The Fort Worth show, if I'm not mistaken, is the one cited by Tony Brown as being the best one he ever saw during his time with the show.

June of '74 was a heckuva lot better than a few months later. It could be a really good show.

I also am curious about the cost of a 2CD+book from FTD...we shall see.

News of the EOT release is obviously the most procovative. Young And Beautiful at last, huh? I sure hope so. Over The Rainbow is just one line (if that much), isn't it? And Room At The Cross doesn't ring any bells with me. Anybody have info on this one? Well, I just looked it up, and it's a simple old hymn. Here's some info, if interested. I wonder how much of it Elvis sang--that was recorded anyway. Or is this already available on another release?

Regardless, here's to hoping all this info is correct. Thanks for posting it, Mike.
    ...you won't forget me when I go.

Wow! We've got a lot of good things coming!

Part of the Fort Worth show b.t.w. was released on the import "Cajun Tornado".
    I'm not sure, but I don't think Young And Beautiful was in that show...

Sonny

TCB Mafia
    This is fantastic news Mike...thanks for posting it

The book sounds really interesting......2 shows......and a book ( new photo's.....we can hope )....that sounds awesome i am getting over excited now

I will have to go and calm down a bit EOT rehearsals too.....oh man
    TCB Chris.

---------------------------------------

Heartbreak Hotel, Room 11 Albert's Avatar
    Mike you will be BANNED if you keep on making me more excited

lol... just kidding..... it all sounds too good to be true. Will the Kid Galahad/Follow That Dream will be a combo 7" release, or will they be released as two single 7" releases? And are there already any official statements from BMG/FTD/Ernst?
    ‎"A year from now, you'll wish you had started today"

Follow TCB-World on Twitter for website updates and Elvisnews: http://twitter.com/tcbworldcom

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny
    That's right...that's the one with the "sock a little...@#%* a little" in Polk Salad Annie.

This is true, a far as we know. Neither was Shake A Hand, Burning Love, Little Darlin', or Steamroller...This would not seem to bode well for the validity of the entire report.

Cadillac King
    Unusally short time frame to announce the Film soundtracks ! And does this mean that EOT may come out on DVD soon ? somewhere else someone mentioned that the FTD team (not Warner/MGM) was trawling through EOT material.....

This is not the first time that the Fan club in UK has put out speculative information only to be changed or postponed by FTD. So just take it easy. Relax.Dont get Fever

jb

Backstage Pass

Sonny
    Yes indeed Sonny, we have much comin. This will only be another attack on our wallet, but it seems they are planning great stuff for release.

Hans

WOW WEEEE! Great news indeed :worthy:
    'My music is why I was put on this earth' Elvis Presley

Elvis from Russia
    www.elvispresley.ru

Confirmed!

From elvis.com:

Following is preliminary information about CD and book releases from Follow That Dream Records coming in November 2004 and January 2005:

Classic Albums Series
    FTD continues its Classic Albums series releasing Elvis movie soundtrack albums and others no longer in the active catalog for the regular mainstream RCA Records label. These releases, which surpass the original versions in content and packaging, come in special 7? digipacks with 12-page booklets, the master recordings from the original soundtrack albums plus released and previously released alternate takes. The next releases in this series coming in mid-to-late November are the soundtracks from the films Follow That Dream and Kid Galahad.

Regular FTD Series Release
    FTD?s next regular series quarterly release, set for January 1, 2005 is The On Tour Rehearsals. It comes in the regular FTD digipack. It will feature recordings done at RCA?s studios in Hollywood in March 1972, which were conducted in association with that year?s MGM concert film Elvis on Tour. The CD covers Elvis rehearsals for his upcoming tour, combining classic Elvis live repertoire with some of his new studio material of that time.

Special FTD Book/CD Combo
    Also set for release on January 1, 2005, is FTD?s next book/CD combination. The book is Rocking Across Texas, by Stanley Oberst. New stories, updated old stories and some especially rare photographs are featured. Accompanying the book will be two Elvis concert ?soundboard? recordings (informally recorded from the concert sound system): the June 19, 1974 show in Amarillo, Texas and the July 3, 1976 show in Fort Worth, Texas. There?s also a short, previously unreleased 1960 interview recording with Elvis and his manager Colonel Tom Parker.

More information about these new Follow That Dream releases, including track listings, will be announced and posted here on Elvis.com in the weeks ahead.

So the details about the Fort Worth show being likely a little mixed up didn't mean the whole report was erroneous. Sometimes it's great to be wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by Lonniebealestreet
    Very interesting indeed. I too hope them to be accurate.

The Fort Worth show, if I'm not mistaken, is the one cited by Tony Brown as being the best one he ever saw during his time with the show.

June of '74 was a heckuva lot better than a few months later. It could be a really good show.

I also am curious about the cost of a 2CD+book from FTD...we shall see.

News of the EOT release is obviously the most procovative. Young And Beautiful at last, huh? I sure hope so. Over The Rainbow is just one line (if that much), isn't it? And Room At The Cross doesn't ring any bells with me. Anybody have info on this one? Well, I just looked it up, and it's a simple old hymn. Here's some info, if interested. I wonder how much of it Elvis sang--that was recorded anyway. Or is this already available on another release?

Regardless, here's to hoping all this info is correct. Thanks for posting it, Mike.
    NO PROBLEM BUDDY!!!

Now that you mention it, I am pretty sure that you are correct about Tony Brown stating the Ft. Worth show was the best show he ever saw during his time with Elvis. We'll have to see!!

I agree with you that finding out the cost of a book with TWO CD's will be interesting....

THANKS AGAIN BUDDY!
    TCB!
    Mike

Sonny
    You are right Sonny....YOUNG AND BEAUTIFUL was not included in the part of the show that was issued on CAJUN TORNADO. And, if I remember correctly (which I might be wrong, because I haven't listened to this CD in awhile), as I listened to the Ft. Worth portion of CAJUN TORNADO, I remember thinking that it really didn't sound any more unique than most other '76 shows....which was odd to me, since Tony Brown gave this show such high praise! But, maybe I need to go back and listen to it again...

TCB!
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by NightRider
    This is fantastic news Mike...thanks for posting it

The book sounds really interesting......2 shows......and a book ( new photo's.....we can hope )....that sounds awesome i am getting over excited now

I will have to go and calm down a bit EOT rehearsals too.....oh man
    I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN NIGHT RIDER!!! (h)

My excitement level is DEFINITELY in overdrive since I read the news!!

Here's hoping it all works out!!
    TCB!
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Albert
    Mike you will be BANNED if you keep on making me more excited

lol... just kidding..... it all sounds too good to be true. Will the Kid Galahad/Follow That Dream will be a combo 7" release, or will they be released as two single 7" releases? And are there already any official statements from BMG/FTD/Ernst?
    SORRY ALBERT....PLEASE ACCEPT MY MOST HUMBLEST OF APOLOGIES!!! :worthy:

But, I see Bobby (Lonniebealestreet) just posted some official confirmation from EPE, so all of the speculation is now apparently CONFIRMED BY EPE!!!

And it looks like, from the official statement EPE released, that KID GALAHAD and FOLLOW THAT DREAM will be separate releases!!! Now we have to wait and see exactly what outtakes Ernst has found....I can't believe that, given the length of the original soundtracks and the few outtakes that have been released from these movies over the years, we won't be treated to PLENTY of previously unreleased outtakes!!

Time will tell....and again, sorry for getting you so excited so soon Albert!!! But, if it makes you feel any better, I am just as OVEREXCITED as you are!!

TCB!
    The soon-to-be-banned Mike???