Views:	106 
Size:	23.3 KB 
ID:	12954

DOUBLE TROUBLE - Originally Released in 1966

Tracklist: (click on the track to hear a 20 second sample) Help

1. Double Trouble
    2. Baby, If You'll Give Me All Of Your Love
    3. Could I Fall In Love
    4. Long Legged Girl (With The Short Dress On)
    5. City By Night
    6. Old MacDonald
    7. I Love Only One Girl
    8. There Is So Much World To See
    9. It Won't Be Long
    10. Never Ending
    11. Blue River
    12. What Now, What Next, Where To
    13. Double Trouble- take 1
    14. Baby, If You'll Give Me All Of Your Love - take 2
    15. I Love Only One Girl - take 1
    16. It Won't Be Long - takes 1 & 2
    17. Long Legged Girl (With The Short Dress On) (2nd version) - takes 1 & 2
    18. Could I Fall In Love - take 6 (undubbed master)
    19. There Is So Much World To See - take 10
    20. Long Legged Girl (With The Short Dress On) (1st version) - take 6
    21. City By Night - take 3/10
    22. It Won't Be Long - take 5
    23. Double Trouble - takes 2 & 3
    24. Baby, If You'll Give Me All Of Your Love - takes 3 & 4
    25. Could I Fall In Love - harmony take 1

Reviews:
    none

Links:
    Gallery
    Movie information
    Last edited by Jungleroom76; 02-12-2011 at 12:00 PM.

Cadillac King
    I bought this one on vinyl back in '67 and I've always enjoyed it. Yes, even "Old MacDonald". The sound on the original album was pretty bad.
    Especially the movie masters. Here the sound on the original movie masters is somewhat improved, but to my ears the Double Features sound is better.
    The new outtakes are great and really fun to listen to. Most of them are new to my ears. Well worth the price. 3 stars.
    Last edited by JerryNodak; 10-15-2008 at 06:00 AM.

Double Dynamite

DOUBLE DYNAMITE review by FTH
    I just got the FTD release of "Double Trouble"....it's pretty groovy! The 7" cover looks like a 45rpm sleeve, and it's got some cool pics of Elvis "Guy" Presley & Annette "Jill" Day (her 1st and only movie). I don't understand why they just don't put the tracks in chronological order instead of mixing up the different takes. This FTD release includes all 4 Takes of title song "Double Trouble" (written by Pomus/Shuman). Take 1 rocks hard, I like the biting guitar chords at the start but it seems to end on an odd note. Take 2 is just a false start, Take 3 also rocks until it falls apart at the end with Elvis calling for "Help!". lol They quickly figure out the ending on Master Take 4. The versions are pretty similar, but the sound quality on the outtakes far exceed the official master releases! That is a cryin' shame when you think about it. You'd think the original sound engineers @ Radio Recorders & MGM Studios, who got paid the big bucks to record the major star on the planet in 1966, could have created a better finished product for Elvis' 50,000,000 worldwide fans! The sound quality of the released version of "It Won't Be Long" is horrible compared to the excellent sound on outtakes 1,2, & 5! Shame on RCA for allowing that kind of botch job...no wonder Elvis was frustrated in Hollywood.

The sound on the undubbed master of "Could I Fall In Love" alone is worth the price of the FTD-CD!! You also get Elvis' harmony take, which is interesting, to say the least....sounds like an "American Idol" tryout that Simon would have hated! lol The finished product of "Could I Fall In Love" with all the HISS...it's just inexcusable! The same thing with "There Is So Much World To See"...Take 10 (1st version w/extra lyrics) sounds incredible compared to the low-fidelity sound on the released master. "Baby If You Give Me All Of Your Love" Take 2 is my favorite outtake...it has a tough sounding low sax that they got rid of on Takes 3,4 and master take 5. IMO "Long Legged Girl (w/the Short Dress On)" 2nd version Take 2 done on 6/29 @ MGM Recording Stage has more energy. Elvis really lets loose with a loud "ALRIGHT!!" & it rocks all the way to the finish! The 1st version Master Take 6 @ Radio Recorders is the same version previously released on "Today, Tommorrow & Forever". This is a must-have FTD movie release with upbeat songs written by quality songwriters (i.e. Pomus/Shuman, Joy Byers, Giant/Baum/Kaye, Tepper/Bennett, Wayne/Weisman, and Don Robertson)...9/10! Would have been a 10/10 had FTD included outtakes of "Never Ending" "Blue River" & "What Now, What Next, Where To" CD runs 53:15, so there was plenty of room to include bonus song outtakes. "I'll send you red roses by the dozen, I'll call you sweet little things like turtle dove, I'll whisper pretty things in your ear, the kind of things a girl likes to hear...baby, if you'll give me all of your love!"
    Last edited by For The Heart; 02-05-2005 at 07:54 PM.
    Had a dream about you baby!
    Had a dream about me & you!
    Had a dream and woke up crying...
    I can roll, but I just can't Rock (can't Rock)
    The time's draggin' by tick-tock (tick-tock)
    For The Heart I just can't no one but

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0...CMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Why would i want alternative takes of songs that were terrible 40 years ago

Very good cd but i don't understand songs like Old Mcdonald and I Love Only One Girl.
    Last edited by easyrider; 01-08-2009 at 11:16 AM.