Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ode To The Robin Poem

Ode To The Robin Poem

hai folks,..

i've been wondering is any of you ever heard Elvis reading an Ode To The Robin Poem ??? i used to laughed hard at it and have it in a CD, but as i moved to a new place, some of my CD's were missing that include one with the robin poem :cry:..can somebody help me to write down that Ode..i'll greatly appreciate it..
    Last edited by buttonhead; 10-08-2004 at 02:52 PM.

From Elvis Presley Blvd Lonniebealestreet's Avatar
    It can be found on several imports--I'll let someone else answer that part of your question, since right now I can only think of one for sure.

But the poem went like this, and I believe this is verbatim:

As I awoke this morning
    When all sweet things are born
    A robin perched on my window sill
    To greet the coming dawn
    He sang his song so sweetly
    Then paused for a momet's lull
    I gently raised the window
    And crushed his %@(#ing skull

...you won't forget me when I go.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonniebealestreet
    It can be found on several imports--I'll let someone else answer that part of your question, since right now I can only think of one for sure.

But the poem went like this, and I believe this is verbatim:

As I awoke this morning
    When all sweet things are born
    A robin perched on my window sill
    To greet the coming dawn
    He sang his song so sweetly
    Then paused for a momet's lull
    I gently raised the window
    And crushed his %@(#ing skull

yep thats it ..now you help me refreshed my memory with the poem..thanks Bobbie.. Elvis surely made people around him laughed as he add the F**** words to it

International Level
    Quote Originally Posted by buttonhead
    yep thats it ..now you help me refreshed my memory with the poem..thanks Bobbie.. Elvis surely made people around him laughed as he add the F**** words to it

I never heard this! Boohoohoo Anybody got an MP3 or other soundbite of this?

Backstage Pass
    it's on Jordan's Elvis World site- go to the Elvis library, then to Real Audio Library, then click on Cut Me and I Bleed....there's loads of cool stuff like that

jackie, i dont know the MP3 of it...but the name of album was : Cut Me And I Bleed...it wasnt really an album since all the song are all in dirty language..
    me myself trying to get this album ( again ) since i lost the first one i had

mez..you and I just had a "cross-post"

International Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Mez
    it's on Jordan's Elvis World site- go to the Elvis library, then to Real Audio Library, then click on Cut Me and I Bleed....there's loads of cool stuff like that

Thanks, Mez, going over there right now since I still have to listen to some other stuff over there (winking at P.S. Annie ) Man, so much to do, so little time

Backstage Pass
    lol- there's sooooo much to listen to on that site, I've been trying to work my way through it but I always see to come back to this cos it's so funny (h)

You two must be embarrassed, both showing up here wearing the same thing.

You're welcome, Dessy. It is indeed quite funny. Anyone who hasn't heard it ought to check it out.

Cut Me And I Bleed is the CD I have it on, but there are several others. There are some other imports similar to that one (compilations of funny and off-color stuff) that have it, one being called Elvis X-Rated, I believe. And then the ones which feature the home recordings from November 1973 in the Thompson family home, like a A Private Moment With The King, should have it.

Cadillac King
    For me the most telling comment was the way everyone laughed, including the normaly sensible- Linda-? I thought she would have been more "cool" or laughed or chuckled. It was a funny take off on the poem but not something I would have burst my guts laughing.
    Syncophancy at it's worst.?

jb
    Last edited by jbgude; 10-13-2004 at 07:58 AM.

jb,

You have no sense of humor. Everything Elvis ever said was the funniest thing anyone has ever heard--just ask Charlie!

Actually, I don't think that response from Linda was a stretch. It sounded genuine to me, and the first time I heard it, I got quite a chuckle out of it myself. He delivered it with such apparent sincerity that when the punchline came, it did come as a shock (maybe it shouldn't have, knowing Elvis). So bursting into laughter like that seems like a pretty natural response...but who knows, you could be right.

Cadillac King
    Hey Bobby...read my redrafted mail ....like I said it is funny ...but yeah maybe If I had a car or jewellery coming I too would have laughed my *** off- actually correct that I did have a chance to live off the money of a very very rich school mate - if I was his "gofer" or "yes man" -but I choose not to.

jb

Heartbreak Hotel, Room 11 Albert's Avatar
    Here's the poem

Thanks, Albert. (h)

jb, you could very well be right. It doesn't seem like Linda, but who am I to say...And I guess after being around Elvis for a while, the guys did condition themselves to respond differently to certain things, so their responses may have sounded or looked like genuine reactions when they weren't. I'm with you. And much respect for not becoming Hamburger Rajiv.

International Level
    I thought it was hilarious, but then I pictured Elvis' face while telling it. He must've had that high cheekbone smirk around his face that must've grown as he neared the punch line and he only barely made it to finishing that line before bursting into that wonderful laugh of his. He could make the silliest joke hilarious, because the anticipation he himself had of people's responses would almost interfere with him being able to finish whatever it was he was telling

Quote Originally Posted by Cherokee
    I thought it was hilarious, but then I pictured Elvis' face while telling it. He must've had that high cheekbone smirk around his face that must've grown as he neared the punch line and he only barely made it to finishing that line before bursting into that wonderful laugh of his. He could make the silliest joke hilarious, because the anticipation he himself had of people's responses would almost interfere with him being able to finish whatever it was he was telling

I agree with you jackie...Elvis was a prankster... he would just say one word of joke and people would hilariously laughed at it ...

so I guess it means there's trouble till the robins come

Yes, it is funny. I like robins though. I couldn't bear breaking a f***ing skull, but it proved Elvis had humor. He surely was a neat guy. This is a joke with the element of surprise!
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/999022_359272057534723_1223625887_n.jpg

all the goons I left behind, memories still linger..

This man was something else! I was laughing my head off when I first heard it. It seems like when he laughs it's contageous, you have to laugh too. It wasn't the nicest thing to say about a robin but it was sure funny!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast