Thread: Christmas Duets Album Now Available For Pre-Order In UK

Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar

Christmas Duets Album Now Available For Pre-Order In UK

The Elvis Presley Christmas Duets Album is now available for pre-order at http://www.amazon.co.uk

Sony BMG will release two versions of the 'Elvis Presley Christmas Duets' CD on November 3rd, a very limited deluxe version in a cardboard sleeve where the face of Elvis opens up off the package (11.99) and standard Jewel case version (9.99).
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

Quote Originally Posted by Col Jon Burrows View Post
    The Elvis Presley Christmas Duets Album is now available for pre-order at http://www.amazon.co.uk

Sony BMG will release two versions of the 'Elvis Presley Christmas Duets' CD on November 3rd, a very limited deluxe version in a cardboard sleeve where the face of Elvis opens up off the package (11.99) and standard Jewel case version (9.99).
    What are your thoughts on it?Are you planning on buying it?
    -SatninLove
    "There's A Sweet Sweet Spirit In This Place"....

Here's a more direct link.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Christmas-Duets ... 980&sr=8-7

& No I don't plan on buying it not my cup of tea, but I will have a friend send me a copy on cdr to have of it...
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

Yeah,I just don't know about it...I've never really liked Elvis doing duest with others except Lisa,but I guess I'll pick up a copy..
    -SatninLove

To me Elvis' voice is fine alone, I know how upset he got with people messing with his work when he was alive from stories i';ve read so thats why i don't dig this sort of thing.

To me Elvis' voice is fine alone, I know how upset he got with people messing with his work when he was alive from stories i';ve read so thats why i don't dig this sort of thing.
    Yeah,I have to agree with you..
    I just don't think he would like this sort of thing,but...Atleast it's bringing Elvis to younger generations of fans....All of the younger Carrie Underwood fans...and things like that..
    -SatninLove

Yep, I think the Elvis industry has completely misjudged their market with this one.
    Like CJB says, anyone who has taken the time to learn about his approach as an artist probably won't be completely comfortable with this.
    I'm personally only interested in Elvis's work as he intended it when he was alive.
    And no one should presume to know who he wants to sing with.
    'Taking Care of Beaulieu'.

Anyway- the taste behind this whole phenomena of using technology to present the illusion of living people performing with the dead is pretty questionable, isn't it?
    I mean seriously- once you've gotten past the initial "Cool! She's alive but he's dead and they're singing together!" thing, what are you left with?
    A tacky trick with practically no artistic merit.
    'Taking Care of Beaulieu'.

Who are the artists on the uk version? Anyone know yet?
    The Acoustic Rockabilly Channel ♫ for exclusive acoustic rockabilly videos

Elvis holidays & tours to Memphis & Graceland with Arena Travel

I agree my friend but I am very interested in hearing how his voice blends with others always have been. I wish he were here to do this in person-(I wish he had been allowed more opportunity when alive to interact like this with other singers) but since this is impossible this is the next best thing.
    It may even give someone who never listens to Elvis a new appreciation for his voice.

Loving elvis
    I'am kinda interested also.

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    I agree my friend but I am very interested in hearing how his voice blends with others always have been. I wish he were here to do this in person-(I wish he had been allowed more opportunity when alive to interact like this with other singers) but since this is impossible this is the next best thing.
    It may even give someone who never listens to Elvis a new appreciation for his voice.
    You right Ken, its the next best thing..

Barnes and Noble have 28 second sound samples from "Elvis Christmas Duets." Go to:

http://music.barnesandnoble.com/Christm ... 922/?itm=1

Loving elvis

What a great video. This album looks like one of the most exciting releases for a long time. The tiny snippet of Merry Christmas baby sounds fantastic as does my favourite Santa Claus Is Back In Town.

I will be playing this all Christmas. Well done all involved. Look forward to further duets album rumoured.
    The Acoustic Rockabilly Channel ♫ for exclusive acoustic rockabilly videos

Elvis holidays & tours to Memphis & Graceland with Arena Travel

Quote Originally Posted by SatninLove View Post
    Atleast it's bringing Elvis to younger generations of fans....All of the younger Carrie Underwood fans...and things like that..
    -SatninLove
    I agree with both of you there I normally don't like the idea of people mixing up his songs and releasing it, but anyway I'm planning to buy this CD because maybe it makes younger people listen to Elvis and maybe it can reach #1 of the album charts

Sony BMG will release two versions of the 'Elvis Presley Christmas Duets' CD on November 3rd.
    Will the CD be released in other countries, too on November 3rd or only in the UK? I hope I can find it in the stores here in Germany by that date, too.

I was fixing to say that..
    Go to
    www.elvis.com
    and you'll see that you can preivew it..
    From what i've heard on there,it wil be okay...I'am just not crazy about Little Big Town,Amy Grant,and Carrie Underwood,but whatever Priscilla thinks...
    -SatninLove