Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 61 to 74 of 74

Thread: Elvis' Height

  1. #61
    Backstage Pass vegas 74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    ENGLAND/OLDHAM LANCASHIRE
    Posts
    184

    Re: Elvis' Height

    Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    Ha, told you all quite a while back that Elvis was the same height as my husband...5' 11-3/4!!

    Diane
    ....Yes but Diane, If it was "Quite a while back" your hubby could be 1/4 inch smaller now! lol

  2. #62
    PeacockLady Diane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Maine, USA
    Posts
    11,636

    Re: Elvis' Height

    Quote Originally Posted by vegas 74 View Post
    ....Yes but Diane, If it was "Quite a while back" your hubby could be 1/4 inch smaller now! lol
    He he, he probably is as I'm sure I am too but neither of us will admit it.


    Diane

  3. #63
    Angel utmom2008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    10,021

    Re: Elvis' Height

    Quote Originally Posted by vegas 74 View Post
    "It seems no one is familiar with See See Riders claim"?...I did say before that Elvis told us at the show that he was six one and a half and I would have thought this would have been "source enough" ,,,,But if you if you want to "hear him" say it....you can find it on the Fort Baxter cd "Desert Storm"

    Roseanne, As a matter of interest to me, have you got this cd
    Sorry...I misread your post. I thought you said Elvis said he was "6 feet" tall, but you are saying that he said he was "6 feet and one and a half" inches, correct?

  4. #64
    Backstage Pass vegas 74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    ENGLAND/OLDHAM LANCASHIRE
    Posts
    184

    Re: Elvis' Height

    Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post
    Sorry...I misread your post. I thought you said Elvis said he was "6 feet" tall, but you are saying that he said he was "6 feet and one and a half" inches, correct?
    Correct, This is what Elvis said Roseanne.

  5. #65
    Angel utmom2008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    10,021

    Re: Elvis' Height

    Quote Originally Posted by vegas 74 View Post
    Correct, This is what Elvis said Roseanne.
    Thank you, I misunderstood your original post.

  6. #66

    Re: Elvis' Height

    Quote Originally Posted by shelley.m. View Post
    Maybe he grew an inch when in the Army,making him 6feet tall.
    Once again ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Getlo View Post
    No one continues growing at 23 years of age.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

  7. #67
    TCB Mafia KPM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    7,932

    Re: Elvis' Height

    I use to worry about this-(dont know why) he was either 6 ft. or very near
    6 ft.
    I mean a quarter of an inch in difference is miniscule. If he comped his hair high that would be an extra half an inch to an inch right there.
    Work in Progress!

  8. #68
    Coming On Strong
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    77

    Re: Elvis' Height

    The very first thing i did after getting my first computer and going online for the first time was to check Elvis` hight. I read as a kid in the UK Elvis fan club annual in the mid 70`s that Elvis was 6-2, and even at that age i did`nt quite believe it, as much as i wanted it to be true. But when i saw his army details online, yep, a shade under 6 foot. Though having since visited Graceland and seen Elvis` clothes up close, i`m suprised he was as tall as that, cause those clothes look so small.

  9. #69
    Backstage Pass Lainey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    172

    Re: Elvis' Height

    Quote Originally Posted by Ematt View Post
    Though having since visited Graceland and seen Elvis` clothes up close, i`m suprised he was as tall as that, cause those clothes look so small.
    I thought the same thing!

  10. #70
    PeacockLady Diane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Maine, USA
    Posts
    11,636

    Re: Elvis' Height

    Quote Originally Posted by Ematt View Post
    The very first thing i did after getting my first computer and going online for the first time was to check Elvis` hight. I read as a kid in the UK Elvis fan club annual in the mid 70`s that Elvis was 6-2, and even at that age i did`nt quite believe it, as much as i wanted it to be true. But when i saw his army details online, yep, a shade under 6 foot. Though having since visited Graceland and seen Elvis` clothes up close, i`m suprised he was as tall as that, cause those clothes look so small.
    I haven't been to Graceland so I don't know what the clothes looked like but I can tell you when you saw him on stage, he didn't look like a small man but he did look right around 6 ft. It was his...what I guess you could call "aura" around him that was so huge. It actually felt like it affected the whole of the air in the place.

    Diane

  11. #71
    TCB Mafia See See Rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Elvis Country
    Posts
    1,930

    Re: Elvis' Height

    Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post
    Where did you read that?
    I Heard him say it!
    TCB,
    See See Rider

  12. #72
    Angel utmom2008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    10,021

    Re: Elvis' Height

    Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    I use to worry about this-(dont know why) he was either 6 ft. or very near
    6 ft.
    I mean a quarter of an inch in difference is miniscule. If he comped his hair high that would be an extra half an inch to an inch right there.

  13. #73
    TCB Mafia See See Rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Elvis Country
    Posts
    1,930

    Re: Elvis' Height

    Quote Originally Posted by vegas 74 View Post
    Elvis said this to us on the 2nd sept midnight closing show 1974.....
    I am "sure" Elvis was six foot and his boots and lifts made him a little taller.
    and my friend. I was their that night when he said it!
    TCB,
    See See Rider

  14. #74
    Coming On Strong sergio_luiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    S?o Jose dos Pinhais, Brasil
    Posts
    55

    Re: Elvis' Height

    Does anyone haves the army document that states his height?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •