Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Elvis The Complete Works - 30 CD Box Set From Sony BMG

Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar
    If and IF i had that kind of money to spend on Elvis CD's I would but thats simply ridiculous. I mean, so they updated it with the latest technology, so 5 or 10 years down the road we do it again i mean come on folks.
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

Let's judge when we have all the facts– it looks promising but only if the price is right! Imagine the CDs in the same quality as the recent 1969 concert released on the VIVA LAS VEGAS 2-CD–AWESOME!

Yeh but something for that amount?Do they really expect people to pay that amount?Especially in the times were in...
    -SatninLove
    "There's A Sweet Sweet Spirit In This Place"....

TCB Mafia
    I won't be buying it as I have pretty much everything he recorded, at least everything I'm interested in hearing. However, would make a nice Christmas present for the non-Elvis fan in your life.

I would like to have it and if it were about $300 I would buy it. Honestly though if we wait long enough FTD will have released an upgraded copy of every EP album that suffers from lower sound quality anyway so that would be the way to go. There definitely is a difference in the sound quality from the Elvis in the 90's versions of some of the albums compared to newer releases.
    "I always liked that hillbilly."

-Waymore

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    I believe BMG released a big multi cd set similar to this with everything Elvis recorded back in 1999 during the Artist of the Century campaign.
    It's just Sony BMG way of trying to milk money out of fans by releasing the same songs over and over again but it aint gonna work.

They did...and I agree with your last sentence. BMG is crazy if they expect fans (least of all the 10,000 units that they're making) to buy/sell this enormous box set. Are they not aware that most of the country/world is/are in financial hardships???

International Level jean francois's Avatar
    to answer a true gentleman fans are ready to pay for it he said that my worth $ 450 dollar .. I would be very curious to know what are the CDs that are in this collection, but say limited edition, probably on ebay
    we should find this collection less who knows

The release of this box set to the sound quality standard of Elvis No1 hits or the Viva las Vegas CD is the only way I could find some value on it. And yet, being a fan who already owns most of the RCA/BMG/Sony catalogue, plus most of the FTD catalogue, should I spend all that money just for the sound improvement? Why should I want: The Song of the Shrimp, Three Corn Patches, or Yoga is As Do The Clambake Does on DSD sound?

A 10 Cd box set: Elvis selected works, with DSD / Elvis No1 hits Viva remaster sound, and with a market price for the average dude, that would be the one I take home.
    Last edited by Raised on Rock; 09-26-2008 at 08:34 AM.

Maybe the closer it comes for the release date a price a reasonable price if you will, shall come about. doubt it.
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

Sounds cool, but $1000??

Quote Originally Posted by rmk101 View Post
    Sounds cool, but $1000??
    I don't see anyone just able to fork out a cool 1,000 dollars for a boxset. Dont know what bmg song is thinking.

SleepyJack
    This would be more than a little bit out of my price-range...and to be honest it seems like a bit of a cheek to even consider releasing it. For the newer generation of fans,and the fans yet to come it is sad that they will find it so hard to complete their collections,so many of the albums have just been dumped and deleted from the catalogue....things like this might be a tempting item for a lot of people....but it`s still highly unfair.

Loving elvis
    'More news about 'Elvis That's The Way It Is – The Complete Works (3DVD/6CD/Book box set)': EIN has more information regarding this recently announced new box-set that is causing a high level of excitement amoung Elvis fans - and is due for release from the new International label around November this year.
    >> The DVDs are an improvement over what everyone has bought before because the production has taken months using top-class editing and with all the possible Elvis camera angles put together into one amazing sequence. Plus there is the impact of a true high-quality stereo mix of all the concerts there to match the vision. The International label has got together as a group since we now have all the sound for all the concerts so that we can release the ultimate TTWII package that BMG/Turner ought to have done for Elvis fans years ago.

>> Since it is the 'Complete Works' we can assure everyone that 3 hours of Elvis' fabulous rehearsals are included as one special DVD.
    >> The hardback book will differ from all previous collections in featuring all the Elvis pictures that have ever been seen with regard to TTWII, including the making of the whole project, and will include a lot of memos etc plus a lot more details than previous books. We are intentionally not using movie 'screen grabs' that people have had before, instead a quality production of the complete collection of pictures that we have uncovered.
    >> Although the 'International' label is new to Elvis fans, this project is such a large undertaking that we are an International group who have come together to create a package that only a core-team could design and produce. Unlike a lot of sub-standard fly-by-night home-produced Elvis releases, this is as high-quality as can be produced. Weabn assure the fans that previous individual releases from producers within International have always received nothing but rave reviews in the past.

The stunning lavish box set will come with 6 CD's containing complete recordings of all the 6 shows that were recorded for the original movie Elvis That's The Way It Is. It includes many unreleased tracks (both officially and unofficially) from the shows with all the dialogue in its correct places, much of which is also previously unreleased. (News, Source;ElvisInfoNet/The Phantom)
    Reproduction of this news item is granted, on condition of reference to the source: www.ElvisInfoNet.com

Quote Originally Posted by presley31 View Post
    'More news about 'Elvis That's The Way It Is – The Complete Works (3DVD/6CD/Book box set)': EIN has more information regarding this recently announced new box-set that is causing a high level of excitement amoung Elvis fans - and is due for release from the new International label around November this year.
    >> The DVDs are an improvement over what everyone has bought before because the production has taken months using top-class editing and with all the possible Elvis camera angles put together into one amazing sequence. Plus there is the impact of a true high-quality stereo mix of all the concerts there to match the vision. The International label has got together as a group since we now have all the sound for all the concerts so that we can release the ultimate TTWII package that BMG/Turner ought to have done for Elvis fans years ago.

>> Since it is the 'Complete Works' we can assure everyone that 3 hours of Elvis' fabulous rehearsals are included as one special DVD.
    >> The hardback book will differ from all previous collections in featuring all the Elvis pictures that have ever been seen with regard to TTWII, including the making of the whole project, and will include a lot of memos etc plus a lot more details than previous books. We are intentionally not using movie 'screen grabs' that people have had before, instead a quality production of the complete collection of pictures that we have uncovered.
    >> Although the 'International' label is new to Elvis fans, this project is such a large undertaking that we are an International group who have come together to create a package that only a core-team could design and produce. Unlike a lot of sub-standard fly-by-night home-produced Elvis releases, this is as high-quality as can be produced. Weabn assure the fans that previous individual releases from producers within International have always received nothing but rave reviews in the past.

The stunning lavish box set will come with 6 CD's containing complete recordings of all the 6 shows that were recorded for the original movie Elvis That's The Way It Is. It includes many unreleased tracks (both officially and unofficially) from the shows with all the dialogue in its correct places, much of which is also previously unreleased. (News, Source;ElvisInfoNet/The Phantom)
    Reproduction of this news item is granted, on condition of reference to the source: www.ElvisInfoNet.com
    This is the topic about the 30 CD Boxset from BMG

If the box set is done right this will be a cracker!–especially interested in the live material– AFTERNOON IN THE GARDEN,IN PERSON,AS RECORDED AT MADISON SQUARE GARDENS,ON STAGE, all these terrific CDs need audio upgrades and will undoubtedly feature on the forthcoming release.

The fact that Ernst said it will be limited to 10,000 copies tells me the quality will be high but the price has to be right for fans to fork out the dosh.

After thinkin' 'bout this, I think I'm going to wait and see what's actually included in the set before getting excited about buying it.....it's funny that we haven't seen a possible tracklisting for it....

Roll on the tracklisting!–that will be the deciding factor.

That would be great if it had on the live albums CDs on it like the MSG albums, On Stage etc....

Hopefully the tracklisting will be available for us soon, I'm actually starting to lighten up to this boxset.

Yeh it sounds interesting.I would love to buy it,but definantly NOT in my price range...
    -SatninLove
    "There's A Sweet Sweet Spirit In This Place"....

Roustabouts
    Pricing Elvis out of reach of his fans. Good going. How is this supposedly going to draw new fans?
    I like the alternate name of rip off, good thinking.
    Even if I had the money I wouldnt pay that price for something that is already out there and that I have in dupe and triple form in some cases.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast