Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Elvis The Complete Works - 30 CD Box Set From Sony BMG

Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar

Elvis The Complete Works - 30 CD Box Set From Sony BMG

Ernst Jorgensen is working on a 30 CD Box Set that will contain all official masters as released during Elvis' life time with another 3 or 4 hours of the most interesting alternate takes, demos, live recordings, home recordings. The set will be USA made and a limited edition to less than 10,000 units.

Ernst Jorgensen : This is a one shot deal. It's coming, it's here, it's gone as Colonel Parker would say. It will be 30 CDs in a very prestigious packaging with a fantastic book with it. USA made limited edition less than 10,000. It's killed me for 15 months now. The work load has been absurd but I could not deny it. I could not deny being a part of that. To me, it is the most astonishing wonderful idea. Here's a whole definition at this time is that it is all official masters as released during Elvis' life time with another 3 or 4 hours (and we have to define that) of the most interesting alternate takes, demos, live recordings, home recordings. There will not be 1 unreleased element on that box because that would be brutally unfair and only encourage bootlegging. You have to want to own that thing. We're not taking you as hostages. But at the same time, it is also a total restoration of every Elvis master with new digital technology.

From an interview with Megan Murphy of Elvis Unlimited in their latest magazine.

Now this has me exicted.
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

Why can't I win the lottery? With all these Elvis releases coming out,huh? I know with Christmas coming it should be on my Xmas list but I know that nobody else will buy all these "goodies" for me,except myself.
    The One and Only King of Rock'n'Roll.

450 dollars though..thats a bit steep
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

Sounds great,but i'd have to win the lottery.and with my luck,that ain't happenin!
    -SatninLove
    "There's A Sweet Sweet Spirit In This Place"....

Quote Originally Posted by SatninLove View Post
    Sounds great,but i'd have to win the lottery.and with my luck,that ain't happenin!
    -SatninLove
    I'd probably get hit by lightning sooner,then win the lottery.
    The One and Only King of Rock'n'Roll.

lol.Yeah that sounds like me...
    -SatninLove

For nothing new, re-packaged again, not sure if its worth that price. Perhaps 10 dollars per CD for 300 would make more sense still not worth it though imo since its all already out there.

Gosh i would have to take out a loan to afford it!
    -SatninLovd
    Last edited by SatninLove; 09-24-2008 at 11:21 PM.

If they are all remastered to the standard of Elvis no1 album using DSD technology then I will save up and buy one. To have great quality versions of lesser know songs would be great. For example, I love 'tender feeling' but the sound is awful on my album. Just one of many examples that would make this worthwhile to me.
    The Acoustic Rockabilly Channel ♫ for exclusive acoustic rockabilly videos

Elvis holidays & tours to Memphis & Graceland with Arena Travel

Loving elvis
    sounds great, but aliltte to much money for me.

International Level jean francois's Avatar
    very beautiful collection for $ 450 and more than 30 cd and an edition of 10,000 copies
    who will have the chance to pay it ..

Total waste of time and money. Designed just to make more money for BMG.

Most of us have all the songs ... and, these days, just how many freakin' times can they remaster tracks? There has been no hugely discernible improvement in sound these past few years anyway.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

I just saw that this set will probably cost about $1,000.00!!!!

Are they stupid enough to think that they're going to actually be able to sell this set at that price???

Sorry, but that's just ridiculous to offer it at that price.

I was going to get this set but...after seeing the possible pricing...there's not a chance I'm gonna buy it.

International Level rhythmknights's Avatar
    $450 divided by 30 cd's? $15 each, not bad, except - i think i've already done that - but on my easy payment plan - ya know- one at a time! i wonder if they'll put a break down of Elvis' picture like they did on that 50cd set.
    All I wanted was a white knight with a good heart, soft touch, fast horse
    Ride me off into the sunset Baby, I'm forever yours

I suggest Elvis -- The Complete Rip-Off would be a more accurate title. There're not too many people for whom this set is going to be worth the steep asking price.

Nice it may be, but just-another-repackage it also is; for most of us, any incremental improvement in sound quality is likely not worth the price, especially given that a great many of us have already bought some of the masters many, many times over. If you've got the money to blow on it and feel the need to do so, fine, but I can sure think of better things to do with my semolians than validate this latest get-rich-quick scheme from BMG.
    Last edited by 1100ccRider; 09-25-2008 at 07:46 AM.
    I'm a roving roustabout...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Trout View Post
    I just saw that this set will probably cost about $1,000.00!!!!
    A thousand dollars? Wow...what a bargain: just US$33.33 per CD, plus tax (about an extra $78 in my jurisdiction). Not bad, considering the CDs are going to be pressed on the molten metal from Elvis' 1969 International attendance-record belt!

And here I was, afraid that they were going to be getting greedy with this thing...
    I'm a roving roustabout...

Backstage Pass
    Kool but such ridiculous prices
    If Tears Could Build A Stairway, And Memories A Lane, I'd Walk Right Up To Heaven And Bring You Home Again -

International Level jean francois's Avatar
    I agree with you but know better than CD copy for my part because its
    27 years that I collect but I know it rca are strong in the réeditions
    if its the show would not be that kind on the market I would be prepared to pay

TCB Mafia
    I believe BMG released a big multi cd set similar to this with everything Elvis recorded back in 1999 during the Artist of the Century campaign.
    It's just Sony BMG way of trying to milk money out of fans by releasing the same songs over and over again but it aint gonna work.

Too Much Monkey Business Jumpsuit Junkie's Avatar
    $1,000 is an absurd amount to pay for this material. You would have to be a complete and utter geek lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast