Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Elvis The Complete Works - 30 CD Box Set From Sony BMG

Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar
    Do you all really think it will cost $1,000.00 for this, I would like to think that is just in exageration....because that's just really high for 30 CDs.
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

Roustabouts
    Quote Originally Posted by presley31 View Post
    'More news about 'Elvis That's The Way It Is Ė The Complete Works (3DVD/6CD/Book box set)': EIN has more information regarding this recently announced new box-set that is causing a high level of excitement amoung Elvis fans - and is due for release from the new International label around November this year.
    >> The DVDs are an improvement over what everyone has bought before because the production has taken months using top-class editing and with all the possible Elvis camera angles put together into one amazing sequence. Plus there is the impact of a true high-quality stereo mix of all the concerts there to match the vision. The International label has got together as a group since we now have all the sound for all the concerts so that we can release the ultimate TTWII package that BMG/Turner ought to have done for Elvis fans years ago.

>> Since it is the 'Complete Works' we can assure everyone that 3 hours of Elvis' fabulous rehearsals are included as one special DVD.
    >> The hardback book will differ from all previous collections in featuring all the Elvis pictures that have ever been seen with regard to TTWII, including the making of the whole project, and will include a lot of memos etc plus a lot more details than previous books. We are intentionally not using movie 'screen grabs' that people have had before, instead a quality production of the complete collection of pictures that we have uncovered.
    >> Although the 'International' label is new to Elvis fans, this project is such a large undertaking that we are an International group who have come together to create a package that only a core-team could design and produce. Unlike a lot of sub-standard fly-by-night home-produced Elvis releases, this is as high-quality as can be produced. Weabn assure the fans that previous individual releases from producers within International have always received nothing but rave reviews in the past.

The stunning lavish box set will come with 6 CD's containing complete recordings of all the 6 shows that were recorded for the original movie Elvis That's The Way It Is. It includes many unreleased tracks (both officially and unofficially) from the shows with all the dialogue in its correct places, much of which is also previously unreleased. (News, Source;ElvisInfoNet/The Phantom)
    Reproduction of this news item is granted, on condition of reference to the source: www.ElvisInfoNet.com

How many versions are they going to release of this? And why didn't they do this last time around. I as fan am tired of the re-packaging and fleecing of fans by BMG and sometimes Elvis Presley Enterprises.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas1969 View Post
    How many versions are they going to release of this? And why didn't they do this last time around. I as fan am tired of the re-packaging and fleecing of fans by BMG and sometimes Elvis Presley Enterprises.
    If you are speaking of the new TTWII boxset called The Complete Works it is not a BMG release. Non Official.

But if you are referring to the new 30 CD Boxset set for release by BMG, I agree, how many times are we going to get the same stuff in better sound, packaging etc when 10 years down the road theres going to be even better technology they could use.....
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

Roustabouts
    Thank you Col Jon Burrows for your answer. I was asking about both sorry I wasnt specific.

Unofficial? Like bootleg kind of? Still how much new unseen footage can there be? TTWII I am speaking about.

As for 30 CD I agree w/you here a lot. Not only technology but even without that, how many different ways can you hear or listen to the same thing? I think enough with repappckage. Great that his music continues on but not at the cost that they would like the fans to pay, and definately not with what the world economy is now and many people unsure with jobs or lost jobs, lost homes. All of it. I think Elvis would be sad if he could know what they fans are being charged to enjoy what he loved to do and what we loved him for.

Thank you Col Jon Burrows for your answer. I was asking about both sorry I wasnt specific.
    Unofficial? Like bootleg kind of? Still how much new unseen footage can there be? TTWII I am speaking about.
    This set will from what I have been told is the Out-takes taken from the best source known at this time (which isnít the crap thatís on the 6 DVD set or the 11 DVD set) then it has been edited & re-mastered enhancing the sharpness & colour etc.. Put in order, including the rehearsals Ė re-dubbed with better sound, so for 95% of fans that have this footage already are getting the chance now to get it in a quality far superior to what they have already and possibly (spent anything from £5.00 - £500.00 or more just see it)..
    And yes more footage has turned up but most of it is whatís already out there, but this time without any logos or timers on it, so again it doesnít really add to the length of the footage just the viewing pleasure with Logos, but there will also be some Logo footage it is impossible not to, especially if you want to see the multi angles.
    That should answer your questions....

Roustabouts
    I see. Dont know what to make of it. Sounds like same footage we saw but better quality. If price not bad might be worth considering.

Thank you for showing me this.

I see. Dont know what to make of it. Sounds like same footage we saw but better quality. If price not bad might be worth considering.

Thank you for showing me this.
    Well I'm getting the 31 disc set of ttwii outtakes and so I don't see the point in getting this, but if its not to expensive I will like to try.

Roustabouts
    That is great. I wish I could buy the 31 outtake one.

That is great. I wish I could buy the 31 outtake one.
    PM me your address and as soon as I get the set I will make you a copy of them no worries!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123