Thread: Problems getting on the Board

TCB Mafia

Getting on the Board

Have any of the rest of you been struggling to even get on the forum in the last few days ?
    It was a real pain yesterday and again today ( wednesday )....hope it isn't going to continue like this for long....man...i miss this place when i can't get on
    TCB Chris.

---------------------------------------

Same here, ........ been having some problems loading this site for the past couple of days. After a while, I reluctantly gave up.

Glad everything is back to normal.

TCB Mafia
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Elwood David
    Same here, ........ been having some problems loading this site for the past couple of days. After a while, I reluctantly gave up.

Glad everything is back to normal.

Thanks for that .....yeah...lets hope it stays normal now......
    TCB Chris.

Heartbreak Hotel, Room 11 Albert's Avatar
    Yes, the webhost had problems with this server for the past days. Especially yesterday and this morning it was extremely difficult to get on the board. According to their announcements the problems should be fixed by now
    ‎"A year from now, you'll wish you had started today"

Follow TCB-World on Twitter for website updates and Elvisnews: http://twitter.com/tcbworldcom

TCB Mafia
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert
    According to their announcements the problems should be fixed by now
    Thats great to hear.....
    TCB Chris.

TCB Mafia
    Quote Originally Posted by Unchained
    it was fine for a while, but now it's slow again......
    Yep cut off twice again already.............
    TCB Chris.

Well, it could be that they still have problems..... I will check it out

One thing is for sure: it has nothing to do with this site. This script is good enough for websites with hundreds of visitors at the same moment (and thousands of members). So we don't need to be affraid that this board is starting to slow down

Follow TCB-World on Twitter for website updates and Elvisnews: http://twitter.com/tcbworldcom

With Elvis On Tour!!! Jungleroom76's Avatar
    WHEW!!! I was beginning to think it was just me that was having trouble getting around on the board!! I had a new cable service installed here in my new house for my computer, and I was beginning to think there was something wrong with the cable!! Over the last couple of days, I have found it extremely difficult to post as the pages seem to move/load in SO slowly.

It seemed a little better today, although I am noticing a slow down again this evening! Hopefully, everything will get cleared up soon by the webhost! I would hate to think that other people who come to visit our board are just giving up trying to look around or interact on the board because of how slow it has been running!

TCB!
    Mike

TCB-World...OPEN for business!!!

I'm constantly in contact with the webhost and they're having problems with the server that (unfortunately) this site is also hosted on. They thought they have fixed it yesterdaymorning, but obviously they haven't.

It seems that there's an user on this server (there are of course many more sites hosted on this server) that uses a lot of resources. Normally a loadbalancer prevents abuse of resources, but it doesn't seem to work properly at the moment.

But the problems should be over today, tomorrow or another day. They are aware of it and are working on it (since all websites hosted on that server are complaining -just like we-).

Greetings,

Albert

TCB Mafia
    Sure does seem a hell of a lot better this morining .....this feeling has gone for now
    TCB Chris.

TCB Mafia
    That feeling is back again
    TCB Chris.

This is the reply from the helpdesk:
    Dear Customer,

We have been having difficulties with server 10 lately, which are on our end.

We apologize for the inconvenience, but please rest assured that this is a temporary situation and will be corrected shortly. We are currently working to load-balance our servers which will allow non-busy servers to pick up the slack when load on your server becomes high. This will improve website speed and reliability for all customers across-the-board.

Please note that things should improve for your site before the servers become load-balanced, but once they do become load-balanced this should certainly not happen again.

Thank you for your patience.
    So things should be better soon. I have also mailed all 500+ TCB members about the temporary problems.

problems getting on board happened every afternoon by me,...eversince this forum changed about couple weeks ago...

Quote Originally Posted by buttonhead
    problems getting on board happened every afternoon by me,...eversince this forum changed about couple weeks ago...
    I'm sorry, but that simply can't be. The frontpage doesn't contain more kb's of data than the old forumpage. The amount of data that needs to be pulled from the database in order to built that new frontpage is exactly the same as the old forumpage, only it's presented in a different way.

The frontpage uses an advanced cachingsystem so that the page isn't build up on each visit. Only the dynamic data will be filled in, but the static data (pictures, layout etc.) is pulled from the cache.

So probably it's just a coincidence. It could very well be that the problems that the webserver is having started around the same day. There are times that the site is extremely fast the one minute and slow the other minute (while the amount of active users on it is the same). That proofs that it isn't the website that causes the dropping speed.

Thanks for your response ,Albert..its easier for me now to get on board