Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hurricane I K E

with so many kind people praying for you+your people+ your area , I'm sure everything will turn well and safe for all of you nice friends.

MANY MANY THANKS FOR FOR ALL OF YOUR PRAYERS. My family is okay, dry and safe. The coastal parts of our parish, however, are inundated with water and it will be a few days b/f the water recedes and people can begin to put their lives back together again. Most of those affected were affected by Hurricane Rita and it is heartbreaking to see this happen again in 3 years. In the last 18 years, we've only been affected by 3 hurricanes - 1992 was Andrew, 2002 was Lili, and 2005 was Rita. Now, this summer, we've been hit twice in 10 days. I pray this is the last time for quite a few years.
    "More people today should see him not simply as a performer, but as an artist with a great soul."

John Bakke, professor emeritus
    University of Memphis

It's good to hear you and your family are okay, Liz. I was watching the news, it looks so awful...I hope everyone stays safe!

franny

I pray that your area is free from any kind of disaster for years to come as you have certainly had more than your share. It's good to hear that you and yours are ok.

Diane

Glad you and your family are ok, Liz.

Quote Originally Posted by ehollier View Post
    MANY MANY THANKS FOR FOR ALL OF YOUR PRAYERS. My family is okay, dry and safe. The coastal parts of our parish, however, are inundated with water and it will be a few days b/f the water recedes and people can begin to put their lives back together again. Most of those affected were affected by Hurricane Rita and it is heartbreaking to see this happen again in 3 years. In the last 18 years, we've only been affected by 3 hurricanes - 1992 was Andrew, 2002 was Lili, and 2005 was Rita. Now, this summer, we've been hit twice in 10 days. I pray this is the last time for quite a few years.
    It's good to hear that you and your family are alright Liz Thanks for keeping us updated.

Hi Guys!!!! I'm finally back home and couldn't be happier. Although I had to take a much longer route to get home b/c of the highways being underwater, I'm FINALLY here!!! All is intact and we didn't even lose electricity this time which is good so I didn't lose anything my fridge or my freezers. All of the coastal areas along the state coast are seriously underwater, though. It is aweful. I realize that it isn't like Houston and one reason is b/c our coastal parishes aren't as populated as Houston, but these are the same people who had the same flooding and destruction when Hurricane Rita blew in. It is so sad. Some of these folks were STILL in the process of rebuilding -- 3 years later.
    "More people today should see him not simply as a performer, but as an artist with a great soul."

John Bakke, professor emeritus
    University of Memphis

Quote Originally Posted by ehollier View Post
    Hi Guys!!!! I'm finally back home and couldn't be happier. Although I had to take a much longer route to get home b/c of the highways being underwater, I'm FINALLY here!!! All is intact and we didn't even lose electricity this time which is good so I didn't lose anything my fridge or my freezers. All of the coastal areas along the state coast are seriously underwater, though. It is aweful. I realize that it isn't like Houston and one reason is b/c our coastal parishes aren't as populated as Houston, but these are the same people who had the same flooding and destruction when Hurricane Rita blew in. It is so sad. Some of these folks were STILL in the process of rebuilding -- 3 years later.
    I'm so happy everything turned out so well for you and your family. I am very sorry for the folks that got hit again.

Good to have you back

I dream a world where man no other man
    will scorn. Where LOVE will bless the earth
    and peace its paths adorn...

From Elvis Presley Blvd Lonniebealestreet's Avatar
    Glad to hear you have made it through OK, Liz!

It's crazy to me that all the way up here in Kentucky we would still have hurricane-force winds, which was the case yesterday, causing the worst power outage ever with over 300,000 in the dark (that's just here in Louisville). Schools are out, you can't get batteries or ice anywhere, gas is hard to come by and where you can find it, prepare to sit in line...it's just nuts! Especially since we hardly saw a drop of rain in all this -- it was only wind. But there are still trees and power lines down all over the place.

We will certainly get over this and by no means were we affected like you folks in the coastal areas but it just speaks to the widespread effects of this storm that we would have gone through all this, and the same can be said of areas in Ohio and Pennsylvania.
    ...you won't forget me when I go.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonniebealestreet View Post

It's crazy to me that all the way up here in Kentucky we would still have hurricane-force winds, which was the case yesterday, causing the worst power outage ever with over 300,000 in the dark (that's just here in Louisville). Schools are out, you can't get batteries or ice anywhere, gas is hard to come by and where you can find it, prepare to sit in line...it's just nuts! Especially since we hardly saw a drop of rain in all this -- it was only wind. But there are still trees and power lines down all over the place.

We will certainly get over this and by no means were we affected like you folks in the coastal areas but it just speaks to the widespread effects of this storm that we would have gone through all this, and the same can be said of areas in Ohio and Pennsylvania.
    WOW!!! That is amazing!! I am only 4 hours north of Houston..we had terrible rain and wind but managed to keep our power. Poor Gail is still in a HUGE mess. NO POWER since Friday night. Gas is hard to find. She drove 30 miles yesterday to buy ice to try and keep all of their meat from ruining. But...typical Gail, she has kept her sense of humor. I talk to her 2 times daily and she never fails to make me laugh.

I am glad to hear that everyone is ok !

I just heard from my cousin this morning. Their place sustained very little damage, the winds knocked down a fence but their daughter will have to replace roof, carpet and back door but feels lucky.

Diane

Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post
    WOW!!! That is amazing!! I am only 4 hours north of Houston..we had terrible rain and wind but managed to keep our power. Poor Gail is still in a HUGE mess. NO POWER since Friday night. Gas is hard to find. She drove 30 miles yesterday to buy ice to try and keep all of their meat from ruining. But...typical Gail, she has kept her sense of humor. I talk to her 2 times daily and she never fails to make me laugh.
    Tell Gail to keep plenty of peanut butter and jelly around or peanut butter and bananas, don't need a refrig for that

Joking aside, I cannot even begin to imagine this hardship. Tell her I said hang in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    I just heard from my cousin this morning. Their place sustained very little damage, the winds knocked down a fence but their daughter will have to replace roof, carpet and back door but feels lucky.

Diane

Good to hear not to bad where your cousin is. Thanks for letting us know

Quote Originally Posted by Lonniebealestreet View Post

I am sorry to hear this, I hope things will improve real soon. Hang in there.

We always get the tail end of the hurricanes from down south but yesterday only had heavy wind and rain, the usual loss of a few branches from the trees but certainly can't complain in comparison to some of the poor people who've lost lives and property. We're still praying for them.

Diane

We also have Hurricare "Ike" hit PA ~ The Electric has been out since Sunday and I have no idea when we will get it back. They sent the Electrical crews to Texas so here we sit not heat or electric.

Each day I call them they tell me a different story as to when we might get the electric back. It is starting to get depressing but I know the people in Texas have it much worse. Just think that Electric companies should leave some people behind to take care of their paying customers.

My neighbor's are in their late 80's and she recently broke her leg. I hear from her 20 times a day.. and worry about them. Yes, I know things could always be worse but.. I sure wonder about the world today.

(I am at a friends computer.. was going crazy sitting at home )

Take care All Dovey
    Get Him, get him~~Hot D*** ~~ he's a Squirrel!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI7WiBUN_Bw

Loving elvis
    Quote Originally Posted by Dovey View Post
    We also have Hurricare "Ike" hit PA ~ The Electric has been out since Sunday and I have no idea when we will get it back. They sent the Electrical crews to Texas so here we sit not heat or electric.

Each day I call them they tell me a different story as to when we might get the electric back. It is starting to get depressing but I know the people in Texas have it much worse. Just think that Electric companies should leave some people behind to take care of their paying customers.

My neighbor's are in their late 80's and she recently broke her leg. I hear from her 20 times a day.. and worry about them. Yes, I know things could always be worse but.. I sure wonder about the world today.

Take care All Dovey
    Oh dovey I'am so sorry to hear you are having problems also. I remember a couple of summers when we lost our power and it lasted for a couple of days, so l understand how you feel. take care and please let us know how you make out

Quote Originally Posted by Dovey View Post

Take care All Dovey
    I am so sorry Dovey, I hope your power comes back on real soon.

Wow Carole, I'm so sorry that you were hit as hard as you were. It wasn't half as bad here, I sure hope you get your power back soon!

Diane

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast