Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Las Vegas Hilton....08/06/1973

Las Vegas Hilton....08/06/1973

These 2 pics are made in front of the Las Vegas Hilton on August 6, 1973. This is how they decorated the huge marble slabs. This area here is where you pulled into with your car or cab for the bellhops to get your luggage, and this is the main entrance as well. That's my Mom standing in front of one of the posters. We would see Elvis that night, and I would come away with a kiss and a scarf.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	063_63.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	113.8 KB 
ID:	26020

Name:	069_69.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	109.5 KB 
ID:	26021

Thank you for sharing pictures and memories with someone who was born some years after Elvis passed away!
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/999022_359272057534723_1223625887_n.jpg

all the goons I left behind, memories still linger..

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaticSun View Post
    Thank you for sharing pictures and memories with someone who was born some years after Elvis passed away!
    You're welcome! I'm glad that you guys are enjoying them...they sure were happy times!

In an island in the North Atlantic called Newfoundland , Canada
    Rosanne your mom looks very petite!

Awwww, I'm sure you won't forget that night Rosanne!! Ooooh, it would be great to go back in time, wouldn't it? Your mom is very pretty!! I loved the pics!
    Last edited by cibetty; 08-30-2008 at 06:58 PM.

I LOVE
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ♪ ♫♪ ♫♪ ♫♪ [̲̅̅E̲̅][̲̅̅L̲̅][̲̅̅V̲̅][̲̅̅I̲​̅][̲̅̅S̲̅] [̲̅̅P̲̅][̲̅̅R̲̅][̲̅̅E̲̅][̲̅̅S̲​̅][̲̅̅L̲̅[̲̅̅E̲̅][̲̅̅Y̲̅] ♫♪ ♫♪ ♫♪

My page on YouTube and on MyElvisWorld:
    http://www.youtube.com/cibetty, http://www.myelvisworld.com/cibetty

Rosanne what was he wearing the night you got that kiss! This is going to sound really crazy but I just have to ask.....Where did he kiss you? on the cheek? lips? Could you smell his aftershave or was he really sweaty!!.. Please kiss and tell! I bet a lot of ladies want to know ....Were you near the stage... You probably told us this already but I can hear it a million times!
    I hope we do not get any negative comments on this!! If we do .....it means they are all jealous....

Quote Originally Posted by midnight View Post
    Rosanne what was he wearing the night you got that kiss! This is going to sound really crazy but I just have to ask.....Where did he kiss you? on the cheek? lips? Could you smell his aftershave or was he really sweaty!!.. Please kiss and tell! I bet a lot of ladies want to know ....Were you near the stage... You probably told us this already but I can hear it a million times!
    I hope we do not get any negative comments on this!! If we do .....it means they are all jealous....
    Go on Rosanne, I'd like to know these as well!! He wore the "eagle" suit, like on the Aloha concert, right? But I'd like to know more as well, like Kim... LOL..

I LOVE
    ♪ ♫♪ ♫♪ ♫♪ [̲̅̅E̲̅][̲̅̅L̲̅][̲̅̅V̲̅][̲̅̅I̲​̅][̲̅̅S̲̅] [̲̅̅P̲̅][̲̅̅R̲̅][̲̅̅E̲̅][̲̅̅S̲​̅][̲̅̅L̲̅[̲̅̅E̲̅][̲̅̅Y̲̅] ♫♪ ♫♪ ♫♪

Good memory Betti!!! Yes, he was wearing the AFH jumpsuit and looked gorgeous. This was the year that I had absolutely THE BEST seat in the showroom. It was center stage, against the stage. If you have seen TTWII then you know the maitre'd was named Emilio. The guy in the blue brocade tux with the funny little accent? Daddy went down to Emilio's office that afternoon and "worked" out the seating arrangement. Meaning Daddy paid him well for those 3 seats. My father would call Emilio every summer about 2 weeks before time to go and he would always tell my Dad "ah yes, I know you. The man from Texas with the little girl". Daddy would remind him we were coming, and that we would "take care" of him if he "took care" of us.

He kissed me on the lips thank goodness!! I didn't want to be seen as a "little" girl that would only get a "cheek" kiss. To be honest....I don't have a clue what he smelled like.

This is how you get a Vegas kiss!!

Name:	2770.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	43.4 KB 
ID:	26023

Southeastern Portion of These Here United States
    Very cool photos

Thanks again for sharing your memories with us
    "Don't tamper with the property of the U.S. Male"

Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post
    This is how you get a Vegas kiss!!

Name:	2770.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	43.4 KB 
ID:	26023
    Aawwww yes, sweet sweet memories. Rosie - was it this way for you too? Elvis was the first guy I ever kissed (besides my dad and grandpa) and it was DOWNHILL FROM THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forever Best Friends

Quote Originally Posted by TotallyInsane View Post
    Aawwww yes, sweet sweet memories. Rosie - was it this way for you too? Elvis was the first guy I ever kissed (besides my dad and grandpa) and it was DOWNHILL FROM THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    YES.......me too!!!

Wow, maybe he didn't think you're a little girl Awww yes, I remember that scene from TTWII ("Grab, hold honey anywhere..." LOL...) Did he touch your hand? So you don't remember how he smelled?? Yes, I think I remember that guy (Emilio) with that funny accent! Was he Italian?

I LOVE

OK...this pic will show you exactly where I was sitting....See the lady getting the scarf??? That's where my Mom was sitting. I was to the left of her..against the center stage where the short little runway comes out. So....regardless of whether he was on the "stage" or the "runway" he was right in front of me. BTW...the runway was not put in until '73, so you won't see it in TTWII.

Name:	971.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	40.9 KB 
ID:	26025

Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post
    OK...this pic will show you exactly where I was sitting....See the lady getting the scarf??? That's where my Mom was sitting. I was to the left of her..against the center stage where the short little runway comes out. So....regardless of whether he was on the "stage" or the "runway" he was right in front of me. BTW...the runway was not put in until '73, so you won't see it in TTWII.

Name:	971.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	40.9 KB 
ID:	26025
    Yes, you had really the best seat then!! And did he touch your hand, or your shoulder when he kissed you? Was he gentle? I remember you told that scarf was the last one on that night, what you got. You're (you were) a really lucky girl!!!!!!
    Last edited by cibetty; 08-30-2008 at 07:47 PM.

I LOVE

My right hand had his right hand...much like in the pic that I posted a few posts earlier. Yes, I remember him as being gentle and sweet. Much to my dismay....he probably realized that I was a teenage girl there with my parents.

Your memory skills are A+ Betti! Yes, it was the last scarf of the evening, he was singing CHFIL. For those of you that have the "Fire In Vegas" CD you will notice that Elvis gets tickled and laughs a little during that song. He was amused about my father. When Elvis came to me and gave me the scarf Daddy said "Thank you Elvis" and gave him a thumbs-up. Elvis thought that was funny.

This is a picture of Emilio, the maitre'd.

Name:	2006626.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	41.9 KB 
ID:	26026

Oh Rosanne you and Gail are so lucky! Imagine , your first kiss was with Elvis Presley!! Boy your hubbys sure had a lot to live up to! I have watched TTWII over and over! I just can not imagine seeing that for real! Rosanne you must of been close enough to see all his facial expressions and everything!! I feel like I know Emilio now after your stories you have told us!! He seemed like a nice guy!!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Boss Man View Post
    Very cool photos

Thanks again for sharing your memories with us
    Thanks Steve! I'm glad you like them!

Quote Originally Posted by TotallyInsane View Post
    YES.......me too!!!
    Woooow! So Elvis was the first man for both of you, who kissed you after your family members? OMG! This is really wonderful. Did your husbands read this? LOL.. Anyways, did you tell it in school, to friends, or to your class-mates, or the teachers? Weren't they jealous? I remember we had to write a report about our summer-experiences in school, in every year when we went back in September! LOL..

I can't imagine a better summer experience than getting a kiss from Elvis Presley, in one of his concerts in Vegas. I'm sure he was a great kisser!! And he had enough practise in it. I think Kim is right, your husbands has much to live up to... LOL... Here are some other ways of getting a Vegas kiss
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kiss_265004.jpg   kiss_982838.jpg   ELVIS_THATS_THE_-2.jpg  

ELVIS_THATS_THE_-1.jpg   ELVIS_THATS_THE_-0.jpg   ELVIS_THATS_THE_-4.jpg  

ELVIS_THATS_THE_-5.jpg   ELVIS_THATS_THE_-6.jpg   ttwii1_775050.jpg  

Last edited by cibetty; 08-31-2008 at 09:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cibetty View Post
    Woooow! So Elvis was the first man for both of you, who kissed you after your family members? OMG! This is really wonderful. Did your husbands read this?
    My husband loves to tell that Elvis was the only man I ever kissed that my father approved of!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast