Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Las Vegas Hilton....08/06/1973

Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post
    You're welcome! I'm glad that you guys are enjoying them...they sure were happy times!(y)
    I am sure they were, you are indeed lucky to have seen him so many times.
    .....Memories pressed between the pages of your mind.....
    Its appreciated to hear them.

My husband loves to tell that Elvis was the only man I ever kissed that my father approved of!
    You must have a awesome husband with a great sense of humor!!!

I will never forget you Rosanne.
    R.I.P. 4-27-59~7-22-09

lol.OH MY GOSSH!YOU KISSED ELVIS!LOL.You lucky dog,you!
    -SatninLove
    "There's A Sweet Sweet Spirit In This Place"....

Quote Originally Posted by SweetCaroline View Post
    You must have a awesome husband with a great sense of humor!!!

Backstage Pass
    These 2 pics are made in front of the Las Vegas Hilton on August 6, 1973. This is how they decorated the huge marble slabs. This area here is where you pulled into with your car or cab for the bellhops to get your luggage, and this is the main entrance as well. That's my Mom standing in front of one of the posters. We would see Elvis that night, and I would come away with a kiss and a scarf.

Attachment 26020

Attachment 26021
    Thank you for sharing lovely pictures and memories with us, especially to us younger generation who didn't have to honor to live in that time or see him in life all i have to say to your post is "Lucky i wish that was me "
    If Tears Could Build A Stairway, And Memories A Lane, I'd Walk Right Up To Heaven And Bring You Home Again -

My husband loves to tell that Elvis was the only man I ever kissed that my father approved of!
    Aaahhhh, thank you Rosanne, for sharing your wonderful memories with us !
    You really have a great family !

Wow this is the first post I have read on this forum and I cant believe it. Two lucky ladies got to kiss Elvis! Imagine that! I think someone would have to slap me or throw water over me or something. What lovely memories you both must have

Lorna xx

Thank you so much for the memories Rosanne

I dream a world where man no other man
    will scorn. Where LOVE will bless the earth
    and peace its paths adorn...

Coming On Strong
    I`ve stayed at the Las Vegas Hilton a couple of times, but could not get my head around the fact Elvis played there from 69-76. My wife wanted to see Barry Manilow there last year, and i only agreed so i could get a good look at the showroom, though it has changed a lot.

Great stories! My aunt got a scarf from the front row in Las Vegas in August of 1972, but no kiss. She does have one of those large outdoor displays you showed in your photos; hers is stored in a large poster tube.... apparently they came down in 10 separate square pieces....

Quote Originally Posted by FrankieRider2 View Post
    Great stories! My aunt got a scarf from the front row in Las Vegas in August of 1972, but no kiss. She does have one of those large outdoor displays you showed in your photos; hers is stored in a large poster tube.... apparently they came down in 10 separate square pieces....
    WOW!!! I would have loved to get one of those. Was she there at the end of the engagement?

Quote Originally Posted by Ematt View Post
    I`ve stayed at the Las Vegas Hilton a couple of times, but could not get my head around the fact Elvis played there from 69-76. My wife wanted to see Barry Manilow there last year, and i only agreed so i could get a good look at the showroom, though it has changed a lot.

Yes...the showroom looks NOTHING like it did back in the glory days. It appears that now they have stadium type seating, and there is no dinner served there either.

[/b]

Yes...the showroom looks NOTHING like it did back in the glory days. It appears that now they have stadium type seating, and there is no dinner served there either.
    Really, I also wanted to ask Rosanne, what was the dinner there usually, in the hotel? Do you remember? They served it before the show? What time did they usually serve it and when did the shows start after that? Where did Elvis eat? He never ate with the guests, did he?
    Last edited by cibetty; 09-05-2008 at 01:27 PM.

I LOVE
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ♪ ♫♪ ♫♪ ♫♪ [̲̅̅E̲̅][̲̅̅L̲̅][̲̅̅V̲̅][̲̅̅I̲​̅][̲̅̅S̲̅] [̲̅̅P̲̅][̲̅̅R̲̅][̲̅̅E̲̅][̲̅̅S̲​̅][̲̅̅L̲̅[̲̅̅E̲̅][̲̅̅Y̲̅] ♫♪ ♫♪ ♫♪

My page on YouTube and on MyElvisWorld:
    http://www.youtube.com/cibetty, http://www.myelvisworld.com/cibetty

In an island in the North Atlantic called Newfoundland , Canada
    Cibetty, I always wondered about the meals too! If it was served before the show I bet there was a lot of ladies heading to the washroom after their dinner to reapply their lipstick and freshen up before Elvis appeared!!!!:

Quote Originally Posted by midnight View Post
    Cibetty, I always wondered about the meals too! If it was served before the show I bet there was a lot of ladies heading to the washroom after their dinner to reapply their lipstick and freshen up before Elvis appeared!!!!:
    Kim, you can make me laugh, I'm telling you... I'm sure I wouldn't be able to concentrate eating if I'd know I'll see Elvis soon after that... LOL... Was Kim right, Rosanne, that was the way how it happened? I think she remembers, so maybe she'll tell us. LOL...

I LOVE
    ♪ ♫♪ ♫♪ ♫♪ [̲̅̅E̲̅][̲̅̅L̲̅][̲̅̅V̲̅][̲̅̅I̲​̅][̲̅̅S̲̅] [̲̅̅P̲̅][̲̅̅R̲̅][̲̅̅E̲̅][̲̅̅S̲​̅][̲̅̅L̲̅[̲̅̅E̲̅][̲̅̅Y̲̅] ♫♪ ♫♪ ♫♪

In an island in the North Atlantic called Newfoundland , Canada
    Cibetty, imagine getting something stuck in your teeth or wasting something all over your clothes! I would be too stressed out to eat! I do not think the dinner show was such a good idea! Even if you ate after the show I would be so excited that I would have probably choked!

Quote Originally Posted by midnight View Post
    Hey Kim and Betti!! Elvis gave 2 shows a night(except for opening night which was only 1 show). There was the dinner show and the midnight show. At the midnight show they only served cocktails. Dinner was served before the show and the tables were cleared of dishes before the show started. The opening act was The Sweet Inspirations, followed by Jackie Kahane. Then there was a short intermission, the lights would go down and the next thing you would hear would be 2001.

Kim and Betti........this is the song that the evening would open up with. The SI were great to watch!

[YT]EHL8wQQ3r1Q[/YT]

Kim and Betti........this is the song that the evening would open up with. The SI were great to watch!

[YT]EHL8wQQ3r1Q[/YT]
    Rosanne, this was so wonderful!! Many thanks for sharing it! You took me back in the 70's with this song, I'm telling you... I always wonder why this decade attracts me so much! I love their voices. Elvis really chose the best background singers when he chose the "Sweet Inspirations"! Oh, this could be so amazing to hear and see them in person!! Every show started with this song? Beautiful! What a pity it is missing from TTWII! Those nights were wonderful, I'm sure. And it could be exciting to hear the 2001 intro after that in the dark room! OMG! If somebody discovers the time-machine, I'll go back in 1970, to Las Vegas, for sure!! And I'd like to see his first opening night in Vegas in 1969 as well! What an energy was there in the room, when he did his first concert after 9 years! He was very excited, I'm sure and the audience too. So you don't remember what was the dinner usually? The "Midnight Show" started at midnight? And 2 shows a day! It could be very tiring, really very few entertainers would do this nowadays. OMG, when did this man sleep? Daytime, I think... LOL...

I LOVE

Oh yeah baby - I love this song!! Poor Jackie Kahane - never changed his jokes in the 7 years I saw him - I think Rosanne and I can still quote you just about his whole show!! He was the one that you were saying "ok.ok.ok. enough already - get all off the stage"!!
    The dinner at the show was New York Steak and Potatoe with a big old salad!! I think they also had chicken but I always got the steak - can't say that I ever ate much - was too excited to eat!! They had that service down pat - get 'em in, get 'em fed so the show can start!
    What great memories of that showroom! I wish every Elvis fan could have experienced it just once!!

Forever Best Friends

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast