Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How did our man win your hearts?

Roustabouts

How did our man win your hearts?

Please tell me, how you became an Elvisfan, how you discovered him, what you like the bets about him, etc...

Elvis came into my life when i was a child back in 1956, so for me it's always been the music, everything else about him is a beautiful bonus, love him to bits.

I first saw Elvis on the Milton Beryl show in 56. It was also the first night I ever tasted pizza, as we were invited to dinner at a friends house. I was nine years old. It was a tasty night. The adults were all snickering at the fellow on the screen, but I was mesmerized. Then later that year my grandmother had me for an overnight visit and asked me what I would like to do. I told her I wanted to go see Elvis. She took me to downtown San Diego on a bus to see the opening of "Love Me Tender". My heart was stolen that day fifty two years ago.

I will never forget you Rosanne.
    R.I.P. 4-27-59~7-22-09

Quote Originally Posted by SweetCaroline View Post
    I first saw Elvis on the Milton Beryl show in 56. It was also the first night I ever tasted pizza, as we were invited to dinner at a friends house. I was nine years old. It was a tasty night. The adults were all snickering at the fellow on the screen, but I was mesmerized. Then later that year my grandmother had me for an overnight visit and asked me what I would like to do. I told her I wanted to go see Elvis. She took me to downtown San Diego on a bus to see the opening of "Love Me Tender". My heart was stolen that day fifty two years ago.
    WOW!! What a beautiful memory...for you and your Grandmother.

Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post
    WOW!! What a beautiful memory...for you and your Grandmother.
    She normally was not a nurturing type of Grandmother, but that is one beautiful memory I have of her. I am grateful to her for that experience that touched my life forever. She had already passed by time the 70's came along and I got to see Elvis in person in Vegas. I bet she was smiling from up above though.
    Last edited by SweetCaroline; 08-30-2008 at 04:11 PM. Reason: typo

I will never forget you Rosanne.
    R.I.P. 4-27-59~7-22-09

Memphis did it for me. Graceland Knowing the fact that i had stood where he was: priceless And i have never looked back.

I heard and saw Elvis first in 1992, when I saw "This Is Elvis" documentary, I was 14 years old. I liked his music, but I was not a fan in that time. I saw that movie on TV and I recorded it on VHS. I loved it, it was a really touching and beautiful documentary! And later I saw a part from the "68 Comeback" as well, on the same TV channel. My mother said to me it would be very hard to collect all of his songs, she said this, because there were really not too many things about Elvis here, in my country in that time. 1992 was the 15th anniversary of his death, maybe that was the reason why we were able to watch these programmes on TV.

We bought a casette later, and I found his voice was really beautiful! That VHS and that old music casette were my first things about him. I still have them, although they are not too good quality, but they mean a lot to me. And many years later, at the end of 2006, I saw a commercial, an advertisement on TV, from TV Shop, it was about a 4CD collection, with Elvis songs. And I had to order it! I felt this is a great chance to collect his songs! This was it, I ordered it to myself, for Christmas : http://www.pressplayshopping.tv/stor...ebProductID=42 It is really wonderful! I will never regret that I ordered it. And after that I started to look for some DVDs and books about him (in 2nd hand book-shops). Priscilla's book was the first what I read about him. I bought the 68 Comeback, and I bought the 'That's The Way It Is' DVD in April, in 2007. I really didn't know anything about this movie then, I was just walking around in a supermarket, I had to buy many other things, I was just shopping as usual and buying the usual things, and suddenly I saw that DVD on a shelf, among many other music DVDs. I found this title was very strange anyways.

I wondered what kind of movie it can be and why it had such a strange title. And I thought maybe it was a good movie about him, I should buy it. I really don't know and I can't explain why I had to find it and what made me to buy it! I was thinking about it for a long time, because it was very expensive here in that time. (Later I saw it with much lower price of course... This is my usual luck...) So finally I bought it and I watched it on the other day, in the morning, because it was already very late when I got home on that night. I don't like when the supermarkets are very crowded, so I usually use to go for shopping in the evenings, when they are not too crowded. So the movie really amazed me, I was just gazing at the screen with opened mouth! That was the first movie what I saw about him on DVD and what finally made me a fan.

This happened on April 24th, in 2007. My favourite song is "The Wonder Of You" in the movie, and that will always be a special song for me. That was the first time when I felt he was really wonderful. And I felt I do not just like him, but I love him. And then the 30th anniversary came, last year, and I saw many things about him on TV. (Not like in this year, there were nothing...) And later I found YouTube and this site, and some other wonderful site on internet, so I saw more footages and I found more information about him. And I felt I love him more than before, I always discover new things about him.

This is how it happened. I don't know why it happened, but it is really one of the best things what ever happened to me. And I never thought I can meet many wonderful people through YT and this site, I'm really glad I found it, this is really the best place for us, for Elvis fans. So this is my story. I will wait for the others curiously. Betti
    Last edited by cibetty; 08-30-2008 at 04:58 PM.

I LOVE
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ♪ ♫♪ ♫♪ ♫♪ [̲̅̅E̲̅][̲̅̅L̲̅][̲̅̅V̲̅][̲̅̅I̲​̅][̲̅̅S̲̅] [̲̅̅P̲̅][̲̅̅R̲̅][̲̅̅E̲̅][̲̅̅S̲​̅][̲̅̅L̲̅[̲̅̅E̲̅][̲̅̅Y̲̅] ♫♪ ♫♪ ♫♪

My page on YouTube and on MyElvisWorld:
    http://www.youtube.com/cibetty, http://www.myelvisworld.com/cibetty

Roustabouts
    Amazing stories friends
    Elvis ownes my heart for 11 years now....today i'm 16 and i love him more than ever.
    Thanks to my parents, i became a fan of his.
    My first questions Elvis related :
    "how many people did visit his concerts?"
    "more than 10?"
    Those were my questions asked as a five year-old baby
    ANd it still makes me smile when i remember...

Quote Originally Posted by Tender_Loving_Care92 View Post
    Amazing stories friends
    Elvis ownes my heart for 11 years now....today i'm 16 and i love him more than ever.
    Thanks to my parents, i became a fan of his.
    My first questions Elvis related :
    "how many people did visit his concerts?"
    "more than 10?"
    Those were my questions asked as a five year-old baby
    ANd it still makes me smile when i remember...
    This was very cute! It makes me smile as well. He was a little bit more popular than that... LOL.... Thanks for sharing this cute story and starting this thread. Betti

I LOVE
    ♪ ♫♪ ♫♪ ♫♪ [̲̅̅E̲̅][̲̅̅L̲̅][̲̅̅V̲̅][̲̅̅I̲​̅][̲̅̅S̲̅] [̲̅̅P̲̅][̲̅̅R̲̅][̲̅̅E̲̅][̲̅̅S̲​̅][̲̅̅L̲̅[̲̅̅E̲̅][̲̅̅Y̲̅] ♫♪ ♫♪ ♫♪

My page on YouTube and on MyElvisWorld:
    http://www.youtube.com/cibetty, http://www.myelvisworld.com/cibetty

I used to swivel around on my parents piano stool singing Rocka Hula Baby when I was around 3yrs old, I hadn't a clue who Elvis was
    Then later when I was about 10yrs old my best friends Dad died, we wrote to Graceland to see if we could go visit Elvis because we were convinced Elvis would adopt us
    When he died we were both devastated and seemed to cry for ever.
    Life and growing up got in the way and I drifted away from him but still had my albums, fan club magazines and little things I'd collected . Then about 8yrs ago a friend was going away on holiday and asked if I'd record the Elvis programmes that were playing on TCM for his anniversary. It was then that I found him all over again but in a totally different way and I'v never looked back. His music has been with me through good times and more importantly bad times and for that I'm eternally grateful.

Backstage Pass
    i was five yrs old so it was 1997 i was sitting there watching tv when all of a sudden i saw him in his eagle jumpsuit and singing since then i was mezmorized by elvis and have been an elvis fan ever since. Although i was young and didn't quite understand that he was dead i belived that he was still alive so when i grew up a bit and my older brother told me he had died i felt like everyone else did on that summer day in 1977. All my life i've been and elvis fan i grew up listening to his music where ever i went not because of my parents because frankley they are not elvis fans. So every time Elvis Week occurs its the happiets week ever not because my b-day is on aug.17 but because on aug.16 is the day the world lost a great and valued man.
    If Tears Could Build A Stairway, And Memories A Lane, I'd Walk Right Up To Heaven And Bring You Home Again -

Roustabouts
    Quote Originally Posted by elvisfan92 View Post
    i was five yrs old so it was 1997 i was sitting there watching tv when all of a sudden i saw him in his eagle jumpsuit and singing since then i was mezmorized by elvis and have been an elvis fan ever since. Although i was young and didn't quite understand that he was dead i belived that he was still alive so when i grew up a bit and my older brother told me he had died i felt like everyone else did on that summer day in 1977. All my life i've been and elvis fan i grew up listening to his music where ever i went not because of my parents because frankley they are not elvis fans. So every time Elvis Week occurs its the happiets week ever not because my b-day is on aug.17 but because on aug.16 is the day the world lost a great and valued man.
    WOW, 1997! Same year here

Backstage Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by Tender_Loving_Care92 View Post
    WOW, 1997! Same year here
    lol huh i never figured i would have this much in common with people my own age i'm usually the loner the black sheep
    If Tears Could Build A Stairway, And Memories A Lane, I'd Walk Right Up To Heaven And Bring You Home Again -

Roustabouts
    It was actually Elvis Week 1993. I was 12 years old and there wasn't anything on tv for me to watch. It was down to a Paul McCartney concert on one channel and an Elvis documentary on another channel. I chose Elvis. By the end of the program I was crying buckets and I wanted to know everything there was to know about him. Luckily, as I mentioned, it was Elvis Week, so I scoured the TV Guide and tried to watch as many Elvis movies as I could. But what really turned me into a superfan was TTWII. It was breathtaking. I couldn't believe the way he moved! I was not expecting him to be such an astounding entertainer. He's my favorite to this day.

My heart just knew.

International Level
    Quote Originally Posted by cibetty View Post
    I heard and saw Elvis first in 1992, when I saw "This Is Elvis" documentary, I was 14 years old. I liked his music, but I was not a fan in that time. I saw that movie on TV and I recorded it on VHS. I loved it, it was a really touching and beautiful documentary! And later I saw a part from the "68 Comeback" as well, on the same TV channel. My mother said to me it would be very hard to collect all of his songs, she said this, because there were really not too many things about Elvis here, in my country in that time. 1992 was the 15th anniversary of his death, maybe that was the reason why we were able to watch these programmes on TV.

We bought a casette later, and I found his voice was really beautiful! That VHS and that old music casette were my first things about him. I still have them, although they are not too good quality, but they mean a lot to me. And many years later, at the end of 2006, I saw a commercial, an advertisement on TV, from TV Shop, it was about a 4CD collection, with Elvis songs. And I had to order it! I felt this is a great chance to collect his songs! This was it, I ordered it to myself, for Christmas : http://www.pressplayshopping.tv/stor...ebProductID=42 It is really wonderful! I will never regret that I ordered it. And after that I started to look for some DVDs and books about him (in 2nd hand book-shops). Priscilla's book was the first what I read about him. I bought the 68 Comeback, and I bought the 'That's The Way It Is' DVD in April, in 2007. I really didn't know anything about this movie then, I was just walking around in a supermarket, I had to buy many other things, I was just shopping as usual and buying the usual things, and suddenly I saw that DVD on a shelf, among many other music DVDs. I found this title was very strange anyways.

I wondered what kind of movie it can be and why it had such a strange title. And I thought maybe it was a good movie about him, I should buy it. I really don't know and I can't explain why I had to find it and what made me to buy it! I was thinking about it for a long time, because it was very expensive here in that time. (Later I saw it with much lower price of course... This is my usual luck...) So finally I bought it and I watched it on the other day, in the morning, because it was already very late when I got home on that night. I don't like when the supermarkets are very crowded, so I usually use to go for shopping in the evenings, when they are not too crowded. So the movie really amazed me, I was just gazing at the screen with opened mouth! That was the first movie what I saw about him on DVD and what finally made me a fan.

This happened on April 24th, in 2007. My favourite song is "The Wonder Of You" in the movie, and that will always be a special song for me. That was the first time when I felt he was really wonderful. And I felt I do not just like him, but I love him. And then the 30th anniversary came, last year, and I saw many things about him on TV. (Not like in this year, there were nothing...) And later I found YouTube and this site, and some other wonderful site on internet, so I saw more footages and I found more information about him. And I felt I love him more than before, I always discover new things about him.

This is how it happened. I don't know why it happened, but it is really one of the best things what ever happened to me. And I never thought I can meet many wonderful people through YT and this site, I'm really glad I found it, this is really the best place for us, for Elvis fans. So this is my story. I will wait for the others curiously. Betti
    Very nice story,Betti dear!Love it!I will write mine when i get the chance,maybe this afternoon!

When I was a kid back in early seventies (still am I think ) my first introduction to Elvis music was an LP album with C'mon Everybody and more movie songs.

Later on, my neighbourhood sweetheart, her dad had a nice collection of Elvis records.

So one day I borrowed Elvis In Concert.
    Listened to it over and over again, that amazin music, that intro!

I bought it myself couple of days later.

From then on I went back to buy more. My parents were very cool with me doing that, cuz what money does a young guy have?

So I got that one, and the Aloha double album, and In Person, and so on over a period of time.

I can remember that record store so clearly. They had a stand with Elvis in his gold lame suit. In front of it all those LP albums.
    Titles and songs I did not know at the time. So I got whatever I could.

Since that time I kept on collecting Elvis music.

International Level Nicole Presley's Avatar
    It was on November 14 2002. I was 12 years old. Me and my family were sitting in the livingroom watching "Elvis - Thatīs they way it is" (The new version).

I think it happened when he was singing "Youīve lost that lovinī feelinī". Itīs the first song that I remembered later. I still remember how he stood there with his back to the audience. And the light went off. Except a little light singin on his shoulder. It looked like he wouldnīt have head because of his black hair.

And after the movie my mother asked me, my twinsister and my stepsister a question, that she already asked when we watched an other Elvis video some other time. She asked who of us think Elvis is sweet, too. And it was the first time that I said that I think heīs sweet. I totally fell in love with him that evening.

I donīt really know what happened then. But I love him since then.

I went to Graceland for the first time 4 years ago not really knowing who Elvis was..My favorite movie when I was about two was Viva Las Vegas,and my favorite song was Return To Sender.Besides that,I really didn't have any clue when or what an Elvis was.lol.Anyway I went to Graceland with my parents (who are HUGE Elvis fans) and right before we took the tour of the mansion,I saw a clip from the moive Jailhouse Rock.There was ELVIS.Suddenly I wanted to know all about the handsome man they called Elvis.....Since then I've been to Graceland 5 times,I've heard just about every Elvis song there is too hear,I've watched just about every movie,and read just about every book trying to find out just who Elvis really was.Luckily i've been quite succesfull...
    -SatninLove
    "There's A Sweet Sweet Spirit In This Place"....

I`ve told it a few times before I think, but Iīll do it again....
    In the 70`my sister was an Elvisfan and she was playing his records all the time, so of cause I heard a lot of Elvis then and I must have been a little hooked on him, because only a few month ago, she found a letter from me to her, dated november 1971 and in the letter, I told her that I wanted a big Elvis poster for my 10 birthday in January....I really don`t remember it, but it`s quite funny to read the letter today.
    Only 4 years ago, I heard "If I can dream" on the radio and had to buy my very first Elvis cd..."2toNone" and I loved it, so I had to buy more, and more, and more......now I have all his songs, all his movies..etc.
    I`ve spend a lot of money, but it has been worth it all.....
    "Elvis music is how feelings sounds like"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast