Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Hurricane Gustav

Quote Originally Posted by midnight View Post
    If anyone wants to see snow, you should come to where I live in Newfoundland, Canada! We start getting snow in December and we will probably get our last snowfall in early April! We have had snow high enough that the kids can step on to our roof! Schools are usually closed about 7 to 10 days a year because of snowstorms! Winter is a long season! It also gets dark here at 4pm from November until around February!!!
    Gosh, that sounds soooo depressing......I guess I'm used to sunshine most and warm weather most of the year, it would be so difficult to adjust to something so drastic. But I bet it makes beautiful pictures and christmas cards.....
    "More people today should see him not simply as a performer, but as an artist with a great soul."

John Bakke, professor emeritus
    University of Memphis

Loving elvis
    could you worse Liz greenland is pretty much snow all year old and freezing cold lol

Kim, we used to get almost that much snow when I was a kid...to the rooftops. I remember friends and myself climbing to the roof of the Ford auto center and running and sliding down the roof into snow banks until we were told to go away as the sound of our boots on the roof was disruptive to customers.

Diane

It also gets dark here at 4pm from November until around February!!!
    Now that I would LOVE!!!!!!

Loving elvis

something like this diane?

Yup, just like that Jen.

Diane

Quote Originally Posted by presley31 View Post
    could you worse Liz greenland is pretty much snow all year old and freezing cold lol
    Well, I guess you're right, Jenn. It could be worse. I could also be in Siberia, too. However, I'll just stick to my long, hot, sultry summers here, thanks. I'll just deal with the hurricanes too. Its a great place to live, everyone is soo friendly, the food is out of this world!!!!, and the landscape is wonderful. Greenland will have to do without me for now!!!!
    "More people today should see him not simply as a performer, but as an artist with a great soul."

John Bakke, professor emeritus
    University of Memphis

We have had snow high enough that the kids can step on to our roof!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    Kim, we used to get almost that much snow when I was a kid...to the rooftops. I remember friends and myself climbing to the roof of the Ford auto center and running and sliding down the roof into snow banks until we were told to go away as the sound of our boots on the roof was disruptive to customers.
    Diane
    Ok...being a born and raised Texan I have to ask ~ How do you get your front doors open to go outside if the snow is up to the rooftops?

We all seem to be attached to what we grew up with and that's good.

We climbed out the window Rosanne and started shoveling.

Diane

Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    We all seem to be attached to what we grew up with and that's good.
    We climbed out the window Rosanne and started shoveling.
    Diane
    We get irritated if we have to pour warm water over the windshield in the dead of winter.

Loving elvis

And we get irritated if we can't feel cool when we're down to our bare nothin's.

Diane

In an island in the North Atlantic called Newfoundland , Canada
    Rosanne, yep you climb out a window and start shoveling ! Sometimes you can`t find your car so then you have to get digging!! It is lots of fun!!! It is not always that bad sometimes it depends on how the wind is blowing! If the wind is blowing in your direction, you will get the most snow.

We never got it quite that bad Kim, but I sure know where you're coming from.

Diane

Quote Originally Posted by presley31 View Post

something like this diane?
    That is just how Wisconsin was this year. It seemed as if winter didn't want to leave.

Rosanne, yep you climb out a window and start shoveling ! Sometimes you can`t find your car so then you have to get digging!! It is lots of fun!!! It is not always that bad sometimes it depends on how the wind is blowing! If the wind is blowing in your direction, you will get the most snow.
    OMG...I can't even begin to imagine what that is like. If you finally find your car, are the roads clear to drive on?

Where I came from Rosanne, the city was very good about keeping the roads clear. The only problem you sometime had was when you just finished clearing out the driveway and the snowplow came by and dumped a hill of snow at the end of it...more shoveling.

People way out in the country in the more remote areas were sometimes stuck at home for a day or so unless they had snowplows on their trucks.

Diane

In an island in the North Atlantic called Newfoundland , Canada
    The main roads are always kept clear unless it gets real stormy and the plows have to taken off the roads for a period of time. Most times the roads are clear. We were stranded for two days on my side road about two years ago! I thought I was going to go insane! It is a different feeling when you know you can not get out! I was so scared the kids would bump themselves or get sick!
    Driving is an adventure too! Trying to get out of parking lots when there are huge piles of snow and you can`t see what is coming! Kim

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234