Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Banner Design Challenge #1

Ok guys and gals, we have enough designers here so let's all have a go at producing a banner for the TCB-world chain of websites and forum.

Post your attempts in this thread which will remain on top of the forum.

Unchained has already had a go so I'm sure hes gonna post his example here.

If I know Unchained its not gonna be his only attempt so you can have as many goes as you like on this one.

No prizes as such, asside from the glory of possibly having your banner design displayed on the world wide web

Try and keep the entries, well, er , banner size as well as the file size fairly quick loading. Make it either a static banner, animated or if you really want to show off have a go at making one in Flash

Most of all, have fun with it !

'What, honey ? ..... one scarf for the balcony ?! ........... OK ........... gimme a baseball ! ............ there's no way unless you put a rock in it'.

(Las Vegas - 7th December 1975)

here is my first try:

Ok guys and gals, we have enough designers here so let's all have a  go at producing a banner for the TCB-world chain of websites and forum.
    This sounds very exciting!!! I think I will have a go at it. But first: for what, exactly, will it be used? And do you have size you prefer the banner to be of?
    There's so much world to see
    For me, there's so much world to see
    Yeah! Yeah! Mmm!
    - waiting to see Australia.
    It's that little problem money first!

here is one of my designs(a starter) im in the middle of designing another two,hope you like....
    yours Aaron,

'' now you know what i do for an uncore'' (h)

my first design of a banner its one of my fav's its got a modern,sleek look.i have more for you to look at soon!
    yours Aaron,

Ok guys and gals, we have enough designers here so let's all have a  go at producing a banner for the TCB-world chain of websites and forum.
    This sounds very exciting!!! I think I will have a go at it. But first: for what, exactly, will it be used? And do you have size you prefer the banner to be of?
    Hi Little Sister.

I guess the banner doesn't really wan't to be any bigger than say 100 pix High x 450 pix wide, or we can all use roughly the dimensions Unchained has specified.

I should point out I won't be choosing winners or anything, if anybody should do that it it should be Albert (as the TCB World is of course his domain name)

The use of the banner would be for people to use on their own websites to link to TCB world.

Personally, I would say there could be more than one banner offered for that purpose. Some websites afterall offer a choice of banners for people to use as a link.

Anyway, if nothing else it should hopefully get a good thread going - and a variety of designs.

Perhaps Albert can specify if there are any specifics he would like the banner to adhere to.

'What, honey ? ..... one scarf for the balcony ?! ........... OK ........... gimme a baseball ! ............ there's no way unless you put a rock in it'.

I think there shut be only one TCB-BANNER in the end Spinout , this way we get a more recognisable trademark and website. If there are more tottaly different version you won’t have that.
    'HEY.........I just work here'

Well Unchained, I won't argue with that

Like I say, it's not for me to set the rules or choose the winners.

I noticed before design websites run little design contests so maybe we could have some design contest as a regular feature on TCB World - if enough people would be interested.

hi,i have already designed one banner and added it to this forum(its up towards top of page) but have designed another but when trying to upload my new banner as an attachment i keep getting the message ''sorry,you have reached your maximum upload quota limit of 256kb'' yet i have only uploaded the banner you see.how can i add my banner to this forum without deleting my other banner???? :cry:
    yours Aaron,

TCB Mafia
    Hi Guys

Great Idea

Some nice designs already

Thought i'd have a crack at it.....here goes -

TCB Chris.

---------------------------------------

Yes some very nice designs already........here's my first attempt......

I combined all the banners into 1 gif picture, so you get a animated banner...hope you all like it and every one who designed a banner is included! so everyone is happy this way!

Here's 3 more......

On this one the tagline has now been animated........

........ and here are the others...

I think we have a winner..
    but i like this one also:

both from spinout! great job man!

TCB Mafia
    Originally posted by patrick@Apr 15 2004, 10:02 AM
    I combined all the banners into 1 gif picture, so you get a animated banner...hope you all like it and every one who designed a banner is included! so everyone is happy this way!
    All banners but mine i see

Conspiracy going on here guys eh
    TCB Chris.

SORRY nightrider! just didn't save yours properly, just a big mistake on my side!
    sorry...forgive me?

Unchained and Patrick,

Thanks for the comments about my attempts at the TCB-World banner, but really everybodys efforts so far have been super, and there is still plenty of time for everyone to submit more entries.

TCB Mafia
    Originally posted by patrick@Apr 15 2004, 09:54 PM
    SORRY nightrider! just didn't save yours properly, just a big mistake on my side!
    sorry...forgive me?
    Of course Patrick,
    No worries my friend
    TCB Chris.

Just made a new banner in the colors of this board, hope you like it:

Heartbreak Hotel, Room 11 Albert's Avatar
    I needed a banner quickly for this messageboard and decided to go for the one that's currently used

Thank you all very much for your time and effort. When the new site is released I will be happy to use the various banners.

@spinout-designs: am I allowed to use that tcb-world.com logo for other purposes? I already had designed a website logo, but your is so much better. Please? :worthy:
    ‎"A year from now, you'll wish you had started today"

Follow TCB-World on Twitter for website updates and Elvisnews: http://twitter.com/tcbworldcom

Originally posted by Albert@Apr 17 2004, 03:21 PM
    @spinout-designs: am I allowed to use that tcb-world.com logo for other purposes? I already had designed a website logo, but your is so much better. Please?  :worthy:
    Hi Albert, no problems if you want to use the logo for the website - thats great infact, I'm glad you like it. If you want a photoshop file of just the logo with a transparent background or whattever let me know.

I would like to checkout the logo you came up with sometime.

Unchained - yeah man I already noticed you had used my banner on your links

I will be updating my website sometime and adding peoples banners to it then.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast