Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Elvis Cover Up

The Elvis Cover Up

[YT]QjvzLvW2hR0[/YT]

Forever Best Friends

In an island in the North Atlantic called Newfoundland , Canada
    I remember seeing that back in 1979 and it was such a shock to everyone! It is so sad to watch. His life had so many twists and turns! The "good doctor" sure knew how to keep the money flowing!! If he gave up giving Elvis those pills he sure had a lot to lose!!! I bet the farthest thing from his mind was getting Elvis off those drugs! "I will give you lots of pills if you pay my bills"
    I just do not know how these people sleep at night!!! And to think that on Elvis` 30th anniversary Dr Nick was one of the honored guests for fans to visit at Dolan drive!!! Oh, how quick they forget!!

An average of 25 narcotic pills a day? "Dr. Nick" said to Geraldo that he don't think he prescribed that many pills? Come on .."Dr. Nick was handing out pills like M&Ms. No wonder Elvis died so young!

yup Dr.Nick was handing out the pills by the bucket full any time elvis asked we has given them Dr.nick needed elvis and his cash and to heck with the consequences

Quote Originally Posted by midnight View Post
    I remember seeing that back in 1979 and it was such a shock to everyone! It is so sad to watch. His life had so many twists and turns! The "good doctor" sure knew how to keep the money flowing!! If he gave up giving Elvis those pills he sure had a lot to lose!!! I bet the farthest thing from his mind was getting Elvis off those drugs! "I will give you lots of pills if you pay my bills"
    I just do not know how these people sleep at night!!! And to think that on Elvis` 30th anniversary Dr Nick was one of the honored guests for fans to visit at Dolan drive!!! Oh, how quick they forget!!
    I had "words" with several people on another board about this very thing!! They scheduled him to at Vernon's house right before the vigil started - while around the corner we were preparing to hold the candlelight vigil!!! Too bad he didn't come see the candlelight.

Forever Best Friends

the complete cd/dvd combo available at http://www.ioffer.com/i/71152806, as well as over a hundred others.....

I remember that as well as if it were yesterday. We were ALL stunned!!!!!!!!!!

International Level
    Bit too easy to blame Nick for everything.

How about the drug addict and biggest culprit?

Also Nick was not E's only doctor....plenty were willing to hand over the meds.

I am not blaming the Dr. Nick for Elvis` drug abuse! I am sure Elvis would of and probably did get his drugs else where. I am saying the doctors certainly did not do any thing to help the situation! They took advantage of Elvis and his money! They did not have to continue giving him all these drugs. The amount of drugs Dr. Nick prescribed to him was outrageous! He knew the damage they were doing. He could of used his professional judgment and just said NO! Of course Elvis would of found his drugs somewhere else... It just comes down to the point that Elvis just meant a free ride to the bank!

I am not blaming the Dr. Nick for Elvis` drug abuse! I am sure Elvis would of and probably did get his drugs else where. I am saying the doctors certainly did not do any thing to help the situation! They took advantage of Elvis and his money! They did not have to continue giving him all these drugs. The amount of drugs Dr. Nick prescribed to him was outrageous! He knew the damage they were doing. He could of used his professional judgment and just said NO! Of course Elvis would of found his drugs somewhere else... It just comes down to the point that Elvis just meant a free ride to the bank!
    Excuse Dr. Nic - not until hell freezes over!! Sorry, but this guy kept dispensing drugs even after Elvis was dead! And, if giving them to Elvis wasn't bad enough - he even kept giving them to his own daughter!! Not, the kind of doctor anyone needs - ELVIS OR NOT!

Forever Best Friends

Midnight
    Sorry, I didn't mean to quote your post. I wasn't referring to your post.

Forever Best Friends

International Level

Its a very complicated situation.

Dr Nick could have walked away - you are correct. But he chose to stay and he tried to find out exactly what Elvis was getting elsewhere. They tried placebos on Elvis, they did about as much as they could - Elvis didn't want to give up.

International Level
    Quote Originally Posted by TotallyInsane View Post
    Excuse Dr. Nic - not until hell freezes over!! Sorry, but this guy kept dispensing drugs even after Elvis was dead! And, if giving them to Elvis wasn't bad enough - he even kept giving them to his own daughter!! Not, the kind of doctor anyone needs - ELVIS OR NOT!
    I can understand where you are coming from.

However would you rather Elvis had Max on tour or Elias rather than Nick?

I will forgive you.......this time! I agree with you totally Gail on Dr. Nick! The man is a criminal!! Like I said earlier, I can not see why anyone would have any interest in meeting this man. I cringe every time I hear his name.

International Level
    I will forgive you.......this time! I agree with you totally Gail on Dr. Nick! The man is a criminal!! Like I said earlier, I can not see why anyone would have any interest in meeting this man. I cringe every time I hear his name.
    Woah!

He hasn't been jailed and he was not as bad as some of the others that Elvis used.

Its very difficult to treat an addict.

Out of curiosity how would you have dealt with Elvis?

I really do not know how I would of dealt with Elvis ! He definitely needed some sort of professional help or rehab! I do not think anyone could of helped him unless he was willing to help himself ! I just know if I was his doctor I would not of kept giving him those drugs ! The whole situation surrounding Elvis` life is very sad and complex!

International Level
    Yes and considering that he had so many sources for drugs as well. The choice was either leave or stay and hope to be able to limit / explain to him. He was told of his problem at Baptist Memorial when he was in their one time.

I believe had it been Elias or Max instead of Nick, Elvis would have died sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryx View Post
    Bit too easy to blame Nick for everything.

How about the drug addict and biggest culprit?

Exactly. Elvis was his own worst enemy. If "Needle Nick" didn't give it to him, he would go to either Ghanem or "Flash" Newman or Max Shapiro.

Well, neither one of them were exactly the best choice.....

Yes and considering that he had so many sources for drugs as well. The choice was either leave or stay and hope to be able to limit / explain to him. He was told of his problem at Baptist Memorial when he was in their one time.
    He was told of his problem...and he chose to let it go in one ear and out the other because he thought he was in conctrol of everything and could stop anytime he wanted....

He was a man in total and complete denial....and it cost him his life.

He was right on the $$$ when he supposedly told Linda Thompson: "I'm self-destructive"....

No doubt that Elvis was in denial and felt in control...that's addiction, but all three of those doctors were highly unethical and should have walked away rather than stay in it for the money.

I would agree with some of you that Dr. Nick chose to stay to try and help Elvis with placebos etc. had he not done the same to other celebrities and his own daughter....I really feel that says it all not matter what he claims.

Diane

What would be the difference? Either or both would have killed him. And did!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast