Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Such a shame....

International Level

Such a shame....

It is such a shame that the planes have been left rust away. I had friends with me at Graceland this year and I can honestly say I felt embarrassed at the condition the planes have been left in.

On the exterior the paint is not just flaking and chipping, it is also rusting.

Wow Stryx, that is truly a shame but I think EPE really just wants to make money and not spend it. Shame on Them!!!! Dovey
    Get Him, get him~~Hot D*** ~~ he's a Squirrel!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI7WiBUN_Bw

yup it is a shame they should be spending some of the money they make on the up keep of everything the longer the planes are left without proper attention and work being done the worse it will get

They need to get rid of the smaller plane - it has no real relevance to Elvis, and there is nothing to see on it.

Sell it, then use the money to construct a proper hangar for the Lisa Marie.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

That makes good sense and they could also use part of the increase they are now charging for admission for upkeep around the place in general as well.

Diane

TCB Mafia
    yeah...................

Quote Originally Posted by Getlo View Post
    They need to get rid of the smaller plane - it has no real relevance to Elvis, and there is nothing to see on it.

Great idea Getlo...

Quote Originally Posted by Stryx View Post
    It is such a shame that the planes have been left rust away. I had friends with me at Graceland this year and I can honestly say I felt embarrassed at the condition the planes have been left in.

I'm surprised that the planes are in this condition! You would think, with tourists seeing them, they would take better care of it..

How long have they been in this condition? I have never been to Graceland, that's why I ask...

franny

They were in fine shape a couple of years ago...

Sonny

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny View Post
    They were in fine shape a couple of years ago...

Sonny
    It's too bad they didnt maintain it...

franny

International Level
    Last month they were qiuite bad in my opinion. Especially the smaller plane, but the Lisa Marie has deteriorated as well.

Thats a good idea Getlo. The smaller plane holds no real relevance.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryx View Post

Hey there, i felt the same way when i went there last year...All i thought was ' what an old plane '...

I mean they SHOULD have some sort of budget to maintain "Lisa Marie", if they could do that to the mansion.

Does anybody knew if the pilot Capt. Elwood David still alive ???

or if he's been gone , how long ago was it ?

i thought someone else owned the planes....didn't Vernon sell them after Elvis' death?

I thought they were loaned to EPE...not that I don't agree with you about the state of them...just wonder who exactly is responsible for the upkeep of them? Either way, they need some TLC!

If Elvis flew in that plane, it has relevance. Everything Elvis touched has relevance. He was like God on earth...

I went this year 2008 and I must say the maintenance of the planes that very well

Quote Originally Posted by fillaelvis View Post
    If Elvis flew in that plane, it has relevance. Everything Elvis touched has relevance. He was like God on earth...
    Lower your dosage, son.

Elvis never flew on that plane.

Not everything he touched, said, did or sang had relevance.

And he was not God, nor a god either.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fillaelvis View Post
    Wow you really should get out more if you are being serious with that reply..and get your priorities in life straightened out.
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

Lower your dosage, son.

Elvis never flew on that plane.

Not everything he touched, said, did or sang had relevance.

And he was not God, nor a god either.
    Well said !
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

They need to do something thats true!

I find it scary when someone refers to Elvis as a god and he wouldn't have liked it either as evident when he scolded the girls who had the banner with "Elvis is the King" and he replied, no Jesus is the king.

Diane

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast