Thread: Desert Storm / College Park Book Released

Post Desert Storm / College Park Book Released

The 220 pages soft-cover book “Elvis Presley - Desert Storm: The Shattering Of A Myth! College Park: The Revelation Of A Hoax!” by Darrin Lee has been released.

Link To Original Article
    Here you can discuss the latest Elvisnews

ill have to check that out
    Tony

Hmm. The "myth" and the "hoax" that is exposed is the idea that Elvis was having a bad time on drugs during these shows.

One listen to any of these shows confirms it!
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar
    Expecting my copy from Darrin tomorrow or saturday at the latest.

Look forward to reading it !
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

Quote Originally Posted by Getlo View Post
    Hmm. The "myth" and the "hoax" that is exposed is the idea that Elvis was having a bad time on drugs during these shows.

One listen to any of these shows confirms it!

Getlo,

Have you read the book? I actually also have the book he wrote 'bout the 1977 CBS special....a silly book in and of itself, if you ask me. It just details word for word what was said and done during the two concerts filmed on June 19-21, 1977.

I know that's off-topic from what is being discussed....sorry....

A very good book, gives an insight to the 74' Summer Festival that many fans will find compelling– Elvis was on cracking form on these shows!

I Would love to see an hardback version with colour photos.

Got my copy today, and it looks great, can't wait to get started reading it !
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

With Elvis On Tour!!! Jungleroom76's Avatar
    I'm interested to hear what you think of the book pal....I purchased Darrin's other book about the CBS Special and thought it was certainly an interesting book anyway...definitely makes you think!!!

I do have to say though thatI was a little surprised to see that the new DESERT STORM book is being sold for $43.50 a copy!!!

TCB!
    Mike

TCB-World...OPEN for business!!!

Definitley is an expensive one for it but its to late to complain now im happy with it looks really interesting and lots of cool photo's. Even has vegas74 in it with him and jamesburton

From Elvis Presley Blvd Lonniebealestreet's Avatar
    I had no idea that the book was not out until now, as there has been a website on this for years.

Sort of like some of the MMs who stick (or stuck) to their whitewashed tales, part of me somewhat respects the intent behind projects like this, but come on! Reading transcripts and one person's interpretations which may seem plausible is one thing, but when audio and/or video exists like with the shows this guy has covered and it strongly contradicts the author's take on things...it's just silly.

BTW whenever I first saw the webpage on this it struck me as odd that the author was using a different last name (Memmer --> Lee).

I should admit I don't own either but have paged through the '77 one, whose title escapes me at the moment. But I am familiar with the premise, which is equally hard to swallow for both.
    ...you won't forget me when I go.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonniebealestreet View Post
    I had no idea that the book was not out until now, as there has been a website on this for years.
    Yeah, the website was bad enough, I can't imagine how the book would be. The site was blinkered, and fanatical.

The pictures will be cool, as many from that period are. But the idea that the whole drug thing etc is a "hoax" is simply crap.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

After reading through the book, imo its not trying to say the drugs was a hoax but rather it was still a **** fine show and that I agree with ever since I first heard it on CD. Its a fans experience and what they thought just like the rest of the crowd thatnight in front of Elvis.