Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: elvis presley anniversary

Loving elvis

elvis presley anniversary

I was wondering what everyone is doing for Elvis anniversary??

I think i would light a candle and put some music on and read a book(june and elvis book). I think l may even watch the candle vigil on graceland webcam if they allow everyone to watch it. Hoping they have some great shows on tv to watch too.

I'm hoping for some good TV on Elvis too this next week. I was disappointed last year. There wasn't much.

Diane

I wish I could be in Memphis for Elvis Week someday I will

I already put up some Elvis pictures in my room and on August 16th I'll light a few candles and Elvis music will be on all day long lol
    I also plan to watch a DVD, unfortunately there's almost nothing on TV this year

Hope all the lucky guys who are going to Memphis have a good time

Linda

My wife ran a restaurant for a long time and one of the desserts was created in 1956 by the owners it was called " THE HOUND DOG"
    It was nothing more than vanilla ice cream, chocolate syrup. chocolate sprinkles and chopped nuts. On the anniversary of his death and on his birthday she use to make me one and bring it home to me.

Gail and I are meeting at a town that's close to halfway between us. We are going to meet up there on Friday, the 15th. We will shop a little bit, eat at a good place and then go to our Hotel and watch Elvis DVD's, be here at TCB and look back through all of our scrapbooks and such that we still have all these years later. It will be a nice calm way to mark the anniversary..this is the 1st anniversary that we have ever spent together. By August of 1978 we had pretty much lost contact. On Aug. 16th 1978 Gail was in Memphis and I was being proposed to by my hubs.

Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post
    Gail and I are meeting at a town that's close to halfway between us. We are going to meet up there on Friday, the 15th. We will shop a little bit, eat at a good place and then go to our Hotel and watch Elvis DVD's, be here at TCB and look back through all of our scrapbooks and such that we still have all these years later. It will be a nice calm way to mark the anniversary..this is the 1st anniversary that we have ever spent together. By August of 1978 we had pretty much lost contact. On Aug. 16th 1978 Gail was in Memphis and I was being proposed to by my hubs.
    Thats great-a dual celebration- of Elvis and of an enduring friendship renewed. It is great to have a friend that close.

Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar
    Rossie that sounds like an excellent plan I hope you and Gail have a great time. Me, I will be here on TCB world doing a 24 hour radio show this weekend all through the 16th and watch elvis movies....and read some perhaps and just remember elvis in a positive light and think of the greatness and happiness he brought to the world.

Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post
    I couldnt think of a nicer way to mark elvis anniversary, except for being at graceland but that wont happen to me for a while yet.
    elvislady

The Fans club in Mexico City made plans to have a meeting and watch an Elvis video. Also, is prepared a rock'n'roll-dance-party for next August 30th. But I may not attend because of my work...
    Let the stars fade and fall, and I won't care at all, as long as I have you.
    Elvis...

http://myantiquemusicbox.wordpress.com/
    http://wendy56.wordpress.com/

"You've got it all together like a lovin' machine
    You're lookin' like glory and walkin' like a dream...
    Mother nature's sure been good to Y-O-U"

Wendy

I will be celebrating Elvis by wearing my t-shirts and listen to his music! Long live to Elvis! .
    Let the stars fade and fall, and I won't care at all, as long as I have you.
    Elvis...

http://myantiquemusicbox.wordpress.com/
    http://wendy56.wordpress.com/

"You've got it all together like a lovin' machine
    You're lookin' like glory and walkin' like a dream...
    Mother nature's sure been good to Y-O-U"

Wendy

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    Thats great-a dual celebration- of Elvis and of an enduring friendship renewed. It is great to have a friend that close.
    Quote Originally Posted by Col Jon Burrows View Post
    Rossie that sounds like an excellent plan I hope you and Gail have a great time. Me, I will be here on TCB world doing a 24 hour radio show this weekend all through the 16th and watch elvis movies....and read some perhaps and just remember elvis in a positive light and think of the greatness and happiness he brought to the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by elvislady View Post
    I couldnt think of a nicer way to mark elvis anniversary, except for being at graceland but that wont happen to me for a while yet.
    elvislady
    It's a pretty safe bet that we will have a good time.

I'll probably play my Elvis records.
    The One and Only King of Rock'n'Roll.

for starters i'm going to watch on E --- The last days of Elvis----- then have afew friends over and have an ELVIS DAY
    Tony

Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tony70 View Post
    for starters i'm going to watch on E --- The last days of Elvis----- then have afew friends over and have an ELVIS DAY
    I was fascinated with that when I first seen it on E! a couple of years ago. Since then I've obtained it on a 2 VCD set, sometimes watch it but I've seen it so many times it gets old. Especially when theres so much better movies and documentaries we can watch that focus more on the good of elvis and not just the decline and his faults.
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

International Level rhythmknights's Avatar
    i'm gonna have an Elvis marathon - got my movies lined up - I don't own alll of them yet, but i'm working on it. i have my Elvis coffee mug and i'm gonna eat cookie dough ice cream and bananas and rework my Elvis corner cause i got a really cool Elvis poster over the weekend. i've also got a choice of books to read - and no doubt, i'll need to keep a box of tissues nearby, cause i'm gonna watch Love Me Tender first! if you're in the neighborhood, drop on in
    All I wanted was a white knight with a good heart, soft touch, fast horse
    Ride me off into the sunset Baby, I'm forever yours

Quote Originally Posted by rhythmknights View Post
    i'm gonna have an Elvis marathon - got my movies lined up - I don't own alll of them yet, but i'm working on it. i have my Elvis coffee mug and i'm gonna eat cookie dough ice cream and bananas and rework my Elvis corner cause i got a really cool Elvis poster over the weekend. i've also got a choice of books to read - and no doubt, i'll need to keep a box of tissues nearby, cause i'm gonna watch Love Me Tender first! if you're in the neighborhood, drop on in
    Gail and I will drop in and visit with you by way of our puters in our hotel room. Tell us about the cool poster that you got?

International Level rhythmknights's Avatar
    it's of Elvis on the motorcycle, the one Werheimer took. i'm having it framed! finally a decent Elvis gift, at least compared to some of the other stuff I Get that is!
    All I wanted was a white knight with a good heart, soft touch, fast horse
    Ride me off into the sunset Baby, I'm forever yours

I put my body clock on Memphis time, light a candle at 9pm, listen to Sirius radio and join in the candlelight procession, this year will say a prayer for Todd.
    On the 16th it's party time as i celebrate Elvis's life, play his music, watch dvd's.
    I don't go to bed on the 15th being Memphis is six hours behind the UK, i've done that for the past few years, it's my tribute to the greatest artist that ever drew breath.

TCB Mafia
    I'll be here, if needed.

Lovee
    Kim

The same thing I did last year, and the year before...: I'll sit in my room, watch Elvis movies and concerts, listen to my favourite albums and maybe light a candle Oh yeah, and maybe I'll rework my Elvis corner as well. It gets bigger and bigger every year

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast