Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Elvis,Hycadan,and Dr. Nick

Elvis

Elvis' entourage basically killed him..Dr.Nick, Dr. Ghanem,Dr.Hoffman,Joe Esposito,Col. Parker...anyone close to him who didn't try to intervene..
    TCB
    Wade
    Last edited by howardrobardhughes; 10-01-2004 at 09:10 AM.

dont like this thread..sorry
    Elvis grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    the courage to change the things I can
    and the wisdom to know the difference

From Elvis Presley Blvd Lonniebealestreet's Avatar
    It's easy to generalize, and to criticize when you have the benefit of hindsight and were not in the eye of the storm. All those people are/were human just as Elvis was.
    ...you won't forget me when I go.

i dont like the topic, i think that Elvis himself had his own contribution of his death...many people who close to him was tried to stop him from those drugs but elvis needed that, he is just like any other human being he is not perfect.. bad discussion

Weird topic, really...

What do you mean exactly by telling us that?

Maybe Elvis could've listened to others, but if someone doesn't want to change, or isn't aware of what he's doing to himself (or what others are maybe doing to him) things go the way they go and one comes to realize what was going on when it's too late.

Sadly enough in this case I may add.

Sonny

what I meant was...

no one around Elvis cared for him...at all...they were all "hangers-on"...
    Mainly his doctors are to blame for his decline...
    The Colonel should have watched over his "boy" more....

Joe Esposito should have stepped in..He didn't..all he wanted was MONEY for his failed raquetball enterprise...which bombed..

same for Lamar..
    same for Gellar..
    same for Vernon..
    same for 'Cilla
    same for Linda...
    same for Ginger..
    same for Charlie..

look at the expression on Joe's,Ed Parker's,and Charlie's faces during the CBS Special...they look GUILTY

Red and Sonny
    West tell of a time when a girl Elvis took to Palm Springs was hospitalized
    after they'd spent an evening swilling Hycadan, a codiene cough syrup.

***EDITED****

TCB
    Wade
    Last edited by howardrobardhughes; 10-01-2004 at 02:57 PM.

I don't fully agree with that!

Blaming everyone for Elvis' bad health is to easy you know! We do have the man himself, don't we?

You can not help someone if that person doesn't want to be helped.

The drop back in Elvis' health was a very slow process...

It's like when you start out drinking one beer each evening. In a while it will be two beers every evening. Those two beers will become three in time, and so on...and so on...

Sonny

wade...is that an article you found somewhere or it was all your words...it is all so bitter .. but yet some are true...i read the one about the girl almost killed after having druggie nite with elvis from elvis bodyguards book

Many of Elvis friends including Geller DID try to help elvis to quit his drug addict, Geller reminded him that it was his drugs that make Elvis sick, elvis never been faithful to any of his diets to be healthy and lose weight...one day or two he could stand eating those vitamins and good healthy food BUT thats IT, he will continue his 'french fries, candies, hamburgers' habits .

Nobody could help the man from himself.

wade, there are alot of good things we could discuss about the man which has nothing to do with his drug addict or his health problems .
    Last edited by buttonhead; 10-01-2004 at 02:36 PM.

International Level
    Quote Originally Posted by buttonhead
    wade...is that an article you found somewhere or it was all your words... .
    I have a feeling I've read that on some other site, including the description of Dr. Nick as the "small, white haired physician"......

Bitter.....???

Some was from GOLDMAN book..I have edited my post..too controversial..TCB
    Wade

Southeastern Portion of These Here United States
    I want to first go ahead and apologize to Albert and the rest of the moderators of TCB for having to say what I am about to, but I cannot, and will not be silent any longer when it comes to the individual who began this thread.

Hughey, this subject is about as *****ic as your juvenile attempts to attract attention for your self. You really need to stop using this good forum as your on personal toy box, kid, because it's so obvious of what you're doing.
    Last edited by U.S. Male; 10-01-2004 at 03:32 PM.
    "Don't tamper with the property of the U.S. Male"

Wade -

If you would be so kind, please stop plagiarizing from other sources without giving credit / links.

Thanks in advance.

----------------------------------

In essence, EP killed himself (and, no, I don't mean "suicide"):

"They that will not be counseled, cannot be helped."

- Attributed to Ben Franklin

- Capt. "EL."

International Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Elwood David
    Wade -

If you would be so kind, please stop plagiarizing from other sources without giving credit / links.

Thanks in advance.

----------------------------------

In essence, EP killed himself (and, no, I don't mean "suicide"):

"They that will not be counseled, cannot be helped."

- Attributed to Ben Franklin

- Capt. "EL."
    He did to himself what is generally described as "a long, slow, suicide".

Not that people like that are out to kill themselves.... it just happens to be the result of their (years long) life style

Much agreed, Cherokee.

I will also add, .............. EP also thought he could always change ......... later. He himself admitted that he had a strong self-destructive personality tendency.

Generally speaking, ........ if you think how hard it is to change oneself, ............ how can you expect to change others? Blaming those that were around EP for everything is scape-goating.

- Capt. "EL."

International Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Elwood David
    Much agreed, Cherokee.

I will also add, .............. EP also thought he could always change ......... later. He himself admitted that he had a strong self-destructive personality tendency.

Generally speaking, ........ if you think how hard it is to change oneself, ............ how can you expect to change others? Blaming those that were around EP for everything is scape-goating.

- Capt. "EL."
    As a BeeGees/Gibb fan I can add that all four brothers had drug experience, and one had alcohol experience as well. The older brothers overcame their addictions and tried to use their experiences to get their youngest brother off the drugs. But the two times he was "forced" to enter a drug rehab program, he later regressed and went back to using drugs. The tragedy with him was that he died 5 days after his 30th birthday, clean, but of an inflammation of the heart muscle (his heart was damaged by cocaine use) in combination with a genetic heart defect.......

So, when addicted people are not ready for a change they won't listen, not even to their relatives.....

Big Boss Man..Please Read this...

Look...first of all ..I'm not a kid..I'm 40 years old to your 36 years..Second of all..I've been a student of Elvisology since 1975.
    I don't get on here all the time..because I work..and
    have other things I have to do...
    so..
    I like to post when I can...
    I'm not trying to DRAW attention to myself...
    however..
    I am DESPERATLY trying to bring exciting,new,thought provoking topics to this board...
    I thought it was a forum...??
    I've brought up good topics ...
    true..some are LAME..but some are ok...
    I just enjoy bringing up NEW topics for discussion...
    and as far as plagarism goes I've never seen credit given for one single Elvis image(photograph) on this board...

I don't pretend to have authored anything I've said...I just include THOUGHT PROVOKING text sometimes..
    by the way...

If you don't like my posts...then don't reply...
    If the MODERATORS don't like them...they can DELETE them..
    I really enjoy this board...Some of you guys know your stuff...
    I enjoy reading what some of you have to say about some of my Elvis thoughts...
    Some posters enjoy modifying Elvis Jumpsuits and creating imaginary Elvis Concert Posters....some posters live and breath bootleg CD's..
    I enjoy bringing up odd....different subjects...that I'd like to hear opinions on..
    I admit...sometimes I'm playing devil's advocate when I post some things...
    But I feel the ensuing replies are very entertaining and informative..
    ....any more complaints??
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2-21-77enter.jpg  
    Last edited by howardrobardhughes; 10-01-2004 at 09:39 PM.

well, thats explain alot ..
    i just want you to be a little bit more wise with your posting as you reminded us that you are 40, so dont be devils advocate ,...we are here as elvis fans who enjoy talk about the man and having a good times ..
    Last edited by buttonhead; 10-01-2004 at 10:05 PM.

thank you buttonhead..

I am a big Elvis fan...and this is a great outlet to exchange Elvis thoughts...

TCB
    Wade
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails real autograph.jpg  

wade...so you were 11 years old when you studied elvisology ? which elementary school was that ?

which Elvis school???

Well...it was a home schooled curriculum...
    I bought my first Elvis record at SEARS..Recorded Live at Madison Square Garden album when I was 11....played it to death...
    then.."On Stage"...
    then.."Aloha from Hawaii"...
    by AGE 12..I was a full blown Elvis fanatic....
    for my 13th birthday..I asked to see Elvis in concert...I received two tickets for my birthday...that was it!!...
    I've been hooked ever since...

TCB
    Wade

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast