Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Elvis,Hycadan,and Dr. Nick

Quote Originally Posted by howardrobardhughes
    ........ and as far as plagarism goes I've never seen credit given for one single Elvis image(photograph) on this board...
    Wade -

I'll be the first to defend your right to free speech on this MB. Have already stated, some of your topics are interesting and it does indeed make for a more entertaining MB. We all do indeed have different interests ............. "Something For Everybody."

That said, ........... I do ask you to link / give credit when using lengthy info. VERBATIM from other sources in the future ................. so as not to confuse other readers. I know you are lifting the info., ........... but not everybody does.

- Capt. "EL."

PS - I think you are referring to the Hycodan incident .... in your thread title.

Backstage Pass
    at the end of the day, you can't stop someone from taking drugs if they really want to- I have personal experience of this, no matter how much you talk to them, unless they want to stop themselves, you are fighting a losing battle- it's the psychology of addiction unfortunately, and you can force them into rehab over and over again, but unless they want to get healthy themselves, the first thing they do when they come out is go back to their old ways.

At the end of the day it's a disease and IMO from what I can understand, alot of those closest to Elvis did the best they could- they could have just ignored it, and left him to his own devices- which I believe usually lead to disaster (hence bringing Dr Nick on the road with them). Either way I don't think this is a very constructive discussion.

One question though that has always baffled me- Elvis took alot of pain meds for his twisted colon- as a medically qualified person, I've always wondered why he didn't have surgery to remove the diseased part?...

I read somewhere that he hated the thought of major surgery. I think he said something along the lines of " Nobody's going to cut me up".

Backstage Pass
    ...that's a shame, because he could have saved himself from alot of pain and discomfort

International Level

If I smoke and die from Lung Cancer, is that everyone elses fault because they didnt stop me from smoking?
    The Sun Never Sets On A Legend...

Don't remind me!

I'm gonna quit tomorrow...smoking that is!

Sonny

Quote Originally Posted by 0349054

If I smoke and die from Lung Cancer, is that everyone elses fault because they didnt stop me from smoking?
    No,In my opinion ..the point from all the discussion about EP health is that nobody can save you but yourself

International Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 0349054

The biggest difference between smoking and other "drugs" (be it prescription drugs, street drugs or even alcohol) is that it immediately affects others beside the smoker: the faul stench of nicotine! <BARF> So people will complain sooner about a smoker and not necessarily because of health reasons.

In the end these addictions all pose dangers to others aside from to the actual addict: drunk driving, agressive behavior, unpredictable behavior (how many times did Elvis point a gun at people when under the influence? He had some very lucky escapes in his time, where real tragedies could have occurred!)

Not in defense of anyone in Elvis' circle, but in general people tend to try to change someone's behavior sooner, if it has negative effects on them as well as for the addict. Sad, but true.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Boss Man
    I want to first go ahead and apologize to Albert and the rest of the moderators of TCB for having to say what I am about to, but I cannot, and will not be silent any longer when it comes to the individual who began this thread.

Hughey, this subject is about as *****ic as your juvenile attempts to attract attention for your self. You really need to stop using this good forum as your on personal toy box, kid, because it's so obvious of what you're doing.
    hmmmmmmmmmmmm...
    this turned out to be a pretty provocative thread...I love the discussion....

International Level
    Plenty of things contributed to Elvis' untimely death. I don't think any person or any group of people are to blame. If Elvis had been injured or something and that led to his death then you could point a finger. With what happened you cant really. It was a tradgedy. Every tradgedy plays on the stars own self-destructive trait, which they remain oblvious too. I cant blame anyone for Elvis' death.
    The Sun Never Sets On A Legend...

no one faut

Quote Originally Posted by buttonhead View Post
    No,In my opinion ..the point from all the discussion about EP health is that nobody can save you but yourself
    WE can Save our self, if we want Too, we can't Help someone is On Road Of Death, We can't , times that person can't stop theirself of they are so far way in self, that person don't want be to help, they will let things go natural way, I think that Elvis was ill before 1973, that's things star falling down hill. it's wasn't Charile's and another's faut, it's one person faut, we know that person is
    Take a look at you and me,,Are we too blind to see, Do we Simply turn our heads and look the other way.....(Line From "in The Ghetto")

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12