Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New EPE marketing slogan...

New EPE marketing slogan...

New EPE marketing slogan: Every 18 months the EPE licensing department creates artwork for promoting Elvis and producing merchandise. The slogan that will be used in 2009-10 is ‘Elvis Now’. It’s similar to previous slogans ‘Elvis Is’ and ‘Elvis Lives’, in that it makes a definitive statement about the strong presence of Elvis in the world’s culture, not in the past, but now. Because many of those who develop products have to begin very far in advance of when the merchandise will actually be in the marketplace, the colors and design are selected based on trends forecasted for 2009-10. The research indicated that you will be seeing colors that are bold, energetic, bright and daring. The same words can easily be used to describe Elvis himself. There will also be unconventional combinations with an eye toward Mother Earth. More than ever, the global community has a better sense of awareness for the environment and individualism. Greens, sea blues and earthen hues will continue to have great impact in 2009. Keep an eye out for ‘Elvis Now’ merchandise, available beginning in January 2009.

What do you all think of this slogan? It's okay, but it could have been better, IMO.

franny

Loving elvis
    Quote Originally Posted by franny View Post
    New EPE marketing slogan: Every 18 months the EPE licensing department creates artwork for promoting Elvis and producing merchandise. The slogan that will be used in 2009-10 is ‘Elvis Now’. It’s similar to previous slogans ‘Elvis Is’ and ‘Elvis Lives’, in that it makes a definitive statement about the strong presence of Elvis in the world’s culture, not in the past, but now. Because many of those who develop products have to begin very far in advance of when the merchandise will actually be in the marketplace, the colors and design are selected based on trends forecasted for 2009-10. The research indicated that you will be seeing colors that are bold, energetic, bright and daring. The same words can easily be used to describe Elvis himself. There will also be unconventional combinations with an eye toward Mother Earth. More than ever, the global community has a better sense of awareness for the environment and individualism. Greens, sea blues and earthen hues will continue to have great impact in 2009. Keep an eye out for ‘Elvis Now’ merchandise, available beginning in January 2009.

What do you all think of this slogan? It's okay, but it could have been better, IMO.

franny
    can't say l like it franny. Its to plain and not exciting enough. Your are right they could of done better

I agree, Jen. It is rather plain....They should have made it more creative!

franny

Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar
    Nice job catching the most popular image of Elvis from all three decades IMO
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

International Level
    Yeah - its like the Elvis is one.

Quote Originally Posted by Col Jon Burrows View Post
    Nice job catching the most popular image of Elvis from all three decades IMO
    Yeah, that was what I was thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryx View Post
    Yeah - its like the Elvis is one.
    Agreed !
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

ELVIS NOW will always make me think of August, 1973 in Vegas. ELVIS NOW was all over the Hilton, the sides of cabs and busses and billboards all over town. I have several different shots of all of that..I'll try to get them posted.

Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post
    ELVIS NOW will always make me think of August, 1973 in Vegas. ELVIS NOW was all over the Hilton, the sides of cabs and busses and billboards all over town. I have several different shots of all of that..I'll try to get them posted.
    Would love to see them Rossie

Would love to see them Rossie
    I've got a ton of stuff that I hope to get posted this month.

Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post
    I've got a ton of stuff that I hope to get posted this month.
    Will be looking out for them Rossie

International Level Suspicious Minds's Avatar

franny

Very poor design. When they have all the photograph's to choose from.
    Frank

Every man has a flaming star

Frank I think they were just trying to capture Elvis' most popular poses from each decade to represent it..not really meant to find photos of elvis.

There will also be unconventional combinations with an eye toward Mother Earth.
    What drugs are these people smoking, anyway?

Mother Earth? Jeez ...

It's typical advertising-speak for "We haven't the faintest idea what we're talking about, but the client might go for it".

Still, Elvis Now is better than the unbelievably pretentious and meaningless Elvis Is.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

International Level Suspicious Minds's Avatar
    Frank I think they were just trying to capture Elvis' most popular poses from each decade to represent it..not really meant to find photos of elvis.

They could put the photo's in. It would look better.
    If I was out shopping for Elvis records and other Elvis merchandise I don't think I would notice this logo.
    Frank

Every man has a flaming star

I agree photos would have been much more appealing but then I'm not into funky art and glaring colours.

These things just look like ghosts of him surrounded by colour....creepy!

Diane

Hm... I clould have done it better... I think we all could have...
    Poke a little sock salad...

Loving elvis
    Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    I agree photos would have been much more appealing but then I'm not into funky art and glaring colours.

These things just look like ghosts of him surrounded by colour....creepy!

Diane
    agree diane, not very good at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Suspicious Minds View Post
    Very poor design. When they have all the photograph's to choose from.
    I agree with you
    Tony

SleepyJack
    Wow!!...They really should bring out a book of all the "art" that they`ve come up with over the years......the hours of work that must have gone into this...unbelievable!!!........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast