4/28/06 Warranty Deed
    Richard Magrann-Wells, Grantor
    Susan Lopez, Grantee
    $125,000

House built - 1964
    Total Sq. Footage -3442
    Pool Built - 1974

Forever Best Friends

According to this, Vernon divested himself of his immovable property by selling it in 1978 before his death. Unless he had other immovable property (which is anyone's guess, but I doubt), then he died without anything other than movables and cash.
    "More people today should see him not simply as a performer, but as an artist with a great soul."

John Bakke, professor emeritus
    University of Memphis

He had cash - he had put a bucket outside by the meditation gardens for contributions for upkeep of the house!!!!!

Forever Best Friends

I just had a thought. If the estate was in such deep trouble when Elvis passed and Vernon wasn't sure how he was going make ends meet - did any of Elvis' family ever consider taking out mortgages on their houses to help Vernon??? Were there any family members that were willing to help him out?

Forever Best Friends

Quote Originally Posted by TotallyInsane View Post
    I just had a thought. If the estate was in such deep trouble when Elvis passed and Vernon wasn't sure how he was going make ends meet - did any of Elvis' family ever consider taking out mortgages on their houses to help Vernon??? Were there any family members that were willing to help him out?
    The same family that was expecting to be taken care of after Elvis' death???? yeah, right .....
    Last edited by ehollier; 08-03-2008 at 10:21 AM.
    "More people today should see him not simply as a performer, but as an artist with a great soul."

John Bakke, professor emeritus
    University of Memphis

Loving elvis
    Good points gail and agree with you. I can't remember anybody helping vernon out.

Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar
    The family relied so heavily on elvis thats for sure and after his death it was all gone and they were in the real world and had to do for themselves. Must have been scary though as it would be for anyone especially ol Vernon.
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

International Level
    Well I don't think any of them could.

Vernon was living at Graceland.
    Vester was living in the house that Sam Thompsons parents had been asked to leave after Elvis died by Vernon.
    Delta was living at Graceland.
    Nash was in Nashville and not wealthy.
    Gladys was in Florida.

And the Smiths were not very wealthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryx View Post
    Well I don't think any of them could.

Vernon was living at Graceland.
    Vester was living in the house that Sam Thompsons parents had been asked to leave after Elvis died by Vernon.
    Delta was living at Graceland.
    Nash was in Nashville and not wealthy.
    Gladys was in Florida.

And the Smiths were not very wealthy.
    Elvis always wanted to make sure his family would be taken care of and I think he made well that promise to them.
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

International Level
    Yeah - Elvis just about killed himself caring for all those people, friends family and strangers alike.

He had cash - he had put a bucket outside by the meditation gardens for contributions for upkeep of the house!!!!!
    You & Rosanne are something else with your funny post..best laugh i had all day. I agree totally Totally Insane (Gail?)

Yeah - Elvis just about killed himself caring for all those people, friends family and strangers alike.
    Reminds me of the phone coversation Elvis had with Lamar Fike a week before his death. Lamar said why don't you just say **** the tour and take a year off and get back in shape, and Elvis replied I can't I have to many people relying on me.

International Level
    Yeah - Lamar's book should be interesting.

Yeah - Lamar's book should be interesting.
    Stryx, do you know the name of his new book and when it will be released?

International Level
    Yeah it's Fike - An Uncommon Journey

No official release date for the book yet, but I would imagine it will be out soon enough.

Yeah it's Fike - An Uncommon Journey

No official release date for the book yet, but I would imagine it will be out soon enough.
    Thanks buddy really appreciate it.

I've always liked Fike for some odd reason. When I first heard how he talked about Elvis on The Final Days I hated him, but then as I watched more and read more from him like on Elvis All The Kings Men he really loved E. Hope they have this on Amazon if so I'm definitley going to preorder it

International Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Col Jon Burrows View Post
    Thanks buddy really appreciate it.

I've always liked Fike for some odd reason. When I first heard how he talked about Elvis on The Final Days I hated him, but then as I watched more and read more from him like on Elvis All The Kings Men he really loved E. Hope they have this on Amazon if so I'm definitley going to preorder it
    Yeah the great speckled owl as Elvis called him - among other things!

He was in Germany with Elvis and was their until the end - he has a lot to tell in this book and im really looking forward to it.

Yeah the great speckled owl as Elvis called him - among other things!

He was in Germany with Elvis and was their until the end - he has a lot to tell in this book and im really looking forward to it.
    He tells it like he saw it I think, and some just dont like how blunt he is about things but thats what i think is interesting about it