Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: elvis habbit

Re: elvis habbit

Quote Originally Posted by Lisarose View Post
    I think that's we old people called fidegty! It's rather a cute habit, and I've always
    wondered if he wasn't ADHD. My youngest is and has much of the same habits and
    definitely that childish energy [shooting off fireworks,etc]!
    I've wondered the same thing until his last couple of years when his health slowed him down.

I don't know anyone that doesn't do this, it's not odd to me in the slightest. I do something a little similar with my watch, sometimes it's just aggravating on the skin.

Re: See the pic attached :-D

Quote Originally Posted by Wendy56 View Post
    Can that (the ring thing) be a way to show his jewerly too? It may be a "habit" linked to Elvis' way of showing his blinks. Like in some pics of the 50s, he used to show his rings (like the one Judy Sprekles gave him) or fancy clothing (remember the MSG comference showing E's big gold belt?).
    http://www.tcb-world.com/gallery/sho...p?i=61558&c=46

I agree, Wendy56. He's simply just playing around with the jewelry. it's nothing new that anybody else would do. I do the same thing.

A lot of people have these awful fidgeting habbits. I have them too. I always play with my rings and roll them always did that's nothing to do with Elvis. People are doing these kind of things either because their nervous or just fidgety in general. Like me. My wife keeps telling me to stop that and biting my fingernails too all the time. I think in Elvis' case he got it from his father of course just like somebody said up there.

TCB Mafia

Elvis also used to put his tongue out on occasion, usually when in a playful mood. I'm sure we all have unusual mannerisms but don't know it. It usually takes other people to recognise these.

Brian

I use to tug on my left ear as a child, I also have noticed (well my wife noticed and pointed it out to me) that my body and are movements are exaggerated when I'm nervous or in an uncomfortable situation....just odd human traits that are peculiar to each person for some reason or other that takes therapy to figure out and even then, you still don't always know why.
    Work in Progress!

I think everyone has some little habit they do in certain situations. I just always wondered about Elvis being so hyper in his younger years. There's no way of knowing for certain if he was ADHD unless we knew how short or long his attention span was and no one has every commented on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny View Post
    The ring touching?

I think a lot of people might do that when nervous maybe. Or to give themselves a certain feeling.

I know I do that sometimes
    I too think it was just a nerve thing...
    I'll Remember You!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123